Fears & Phobias - what are YOU afraid of? NSFW...?

6 Replies, 3534 Views

For real. 

What are you afraid of? Fears, phobias..  I have a few. 

Lately I've been scared of the idea of parasites!!  Sooo freaky. And yes, as well all know, humans carry & incubate many forms of parasites. 

It astounds me. 

I mean.. the botfly thing alone!! Shocked      google "eye worms" as well. not cool. 

What are you afraid of?  Chin
^^ sorry for jumping in deep & juicy right off the bat. lol   Parasites are the first things that come to mind of my present, personal "fears". I've heard stories... lol

Water.

So, I never learned to swim properly as a child, and I still can't hold my breath underwater. THUS, i realize drowning is a very probable way to take me out. lol. I mean.. if I was in a tsunami, or a violent flood, or anything of the sort, or the mafia pins me down in a water fountain, I'd drown. Most people would right? ha.  Still although I did "swim" (tread water) on occasion as a kid, in my adult life, I don't swim AT ALL , you'll never find me in a swimming pool, it is not a hobby, nor a need. I may never again swim in a river, never swim in the ocean, ever. I lived on a coastline for 10 years, and not once did I have the urge to swim in the ocean. Just a fear, an "avoidance" ha. . I appreciate the idea of aquatics, the beach, the images, ocean life, etc, but I won't be hanging under water anytime soon, ya know what I mean? I love imagery of surfing, but that shit can kill you! To be that powerless over the nature of water.. intimidates me. heh.

I'm fine with that. heh.  yes a fear.   Frowner

You?
The fear of visually losing my auntie (mother-in-law) and uncle (father-in-law).
On a lighter option to my last post: non-house spiders. I like house spiders, I just get scared of other ones.
having to talk to people

Computer
^^ Death. That is what you are referring to right Muttley? Common enough.

True story.

Within my immediate family, I have only witnessed perhaps 5 funerals in my lifetime. Which is good imo. I do recall attending a few funerals of extended family in my early childhood, up until the age of 7 i think, but those memories & understandings are vague in some cases. Death is normal, and experiencing the culture of death after a person's passing is something I have been lucky by circumstance to not have to experience much. If my immediate & extended family social circle were much larger (I come from huge family...), I'm sure I would have attended a fair more amount of funerals in my lifetime. My grandfather's passing on my father's side when I was 12 or 13 years old sort of traumatized me, just the drama of it all. And since then, I honestly never attended a funeral since then up until 2014, when both my cousin, and my grandfather on my mother's side passed away within 8 months of each other. I always had a fear of death, funerals, etc, extended on from childhood.

Let me get a bit heavy here, cool?:

To be honest, my cousin's passing in 2014 was from a tragic suicide, and to dissect all of that, and the thought of attending a wake of a tragic suicide victim scared the shit out of me. I didn't think I could handle it. I wasn't even particularly close to the cousin, and I hadn't seen nor talked to him in decades even. But he was a couple years older than me, so most of my interaction with him was from childhood, high school years, etc. It is the visual of death that freaks me out, the aftermath of body in a box for example, the reality of it. Its all so in your face. heh. And it is something I was afraid of for quite awhile. Facing my cousin's death as tragic as it was really freeing actually. It was almost like it wasn't real. Like something from a movie. And that feeling actually helped me through it. It cushioned the impact if you will. I was okay with the situation, after fearing the image of the aftermath as I said. It wasn't that bad. I was thankful to overcome a fear of a situation, having to experience that. Just a correlation here.

So yes, death, imagery, etc. ... very much a common fear. Thought I'd share that. Smile Cheers.
Ok, similarly in the death grips.. er death tip i mean  Smile

Nature.

Death via nature. Humans are sometimes mere links in nature's food chain. Animals, wild animals as predators, taking your life!! Could you imagine!!?? On one hand I think death via nature is a majestic way to die, it is natural law, natural selection, survival of the fittest, etc. A wild animal could be moved enough to deem you as an obstacle to their safety, or, a fresh flesh burger, ya know? lol  

That's something I fear. You hear of people getting mauled by bears, lions, sharks, stomped on by elephants to death, and the sort. I have this thought of hiking or something, in mountainous regions which I do live within the vicinity. I have a fear of a mountain lion or something creeping up on me, or jumping on my back from a tree LOL, and doing as lions do to prey. Snap my neck, bite on the jugular and call it a day. That would be the freakiest way to die!! You can't control an animals' actions. Its natural instinct for them. Humans are often powerless to nature in that hierarchy. It happens all the time. If I am in the mountains, particularly in the summer, I will actually stay close to the vehicle LOL. I don't venture too far into the wilderness, in bear territory for example. If I'm with others, i'll actually stay behind and just chill, let them go deep in the woods. ha. Just things I think about, hence this thread.  

I am afraid of death via a wild animal. 

THAT would be crazy. Crazy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wax Doctor sampled Tears For Fears! (edit *** Talkin' Heads) Code 42 13,163 27th November 2014, 22:14
Last Post: Code
  Goldie, Skream, Friction, Ed Rush & Optical & more talk about their fears (video) WeFearSilence 0 1,503 22nd April 2013, 15:18
Last Post: WeFearSilence
  would you purchase this pa amp? OwenPaulStory 0 1,556 24th May 2012, 02:41
Last Post: OwenPaulStory
  An important message [NSFW] subvert 4 3,317 3rd April 2012, 22:28
Last Post: rondema
  [NSFW] I love the Dutch... cp_ffm 3 1,592 20th July 2011, 17:25
Last Post: 8bits