In The Shadow - 4hero remixed by RICKY FORCE & STRETCH
Alright Wid Me - Manix remixed by TACTICAL ASPECT
Stylin' - Internal Affairs remixed by TANGO
Rolling On The 145 - Randall & Vapour

Drums
Music critic for the Tally Ho
ordered - really just because I have all the others

Fauxpas
(1st November 2016, 09:10)Statto Wrote: ordered - really just because I have all the others

Fauxpas

Yeah the collectability thing is working in their favor isn't it - no soundclips availalbe as of yet either, But then, Ricky Force's remix will be decent and so will probably Tango's
They've got a very high standard of releases so blind ordering is always a winner. I've ordered as well.
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
Over at the discogs Jungle/DnB forum people are bemoaning the bad sound quality...
Do Picture Discs have the equivalent to a test press stage? these should have been rejected!

All tracks sound like i have busted / fluffy stylus - that fuzzy sound when the bass & treble play together.

Last novelty purchase i make from now on Icon_sad
Aww Man !!!

Hate to say it but my copies are quite poor too Icon_sad

Poor press & jumps aswell

Love the "R" to bits but dunno what happened with the actual cuttings on this release ?

Anyone else finding the same thing ?
(20th November 2016, 22:41)Bassix Wrote: Aww Man !!!

Hate to say it but my copies are quite poor too Icon_sad

Poor press & jumps aswell

Love the "R" to bits but dunno what happened with the actual cuttings on this release ?

Anyone else finding the same thing ?

I personally never intended to buy them but the consensus seems to be the copies are poor, sounding not too good and all that. A few people say sound quality is ok - but it's clearly a minority's opinion. Icon_sad
Picture discs are almost always shit quality sound from my experience.

Would never buy one.
mine are more-or-less okay, though the A-sides are better quality than the B-sides
I'm glad it's that way round because the A-sides are the best tracks anyway Smile
yeah sounds a bit fuzzy but not the worst picture discs I've ever owned.
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
Good news...

Looks like Reinforced are in the process of emailing everyone who purchased the vinyl with a link to download the Wav's : )

They do state how hard it is to reproduce perfect audio on a picture disc & after discussions & fans requests they have given us a digital format

However,the Wav's won't be released publicly & unfortunately they won't be re-releasing any of the other Enforcers digitally !

So pleased they did this : )

Big Up The R
yes, I have digital versions now Smiley
This is from the discogs JungleDnB group:

This is from Marc Mac on the thread on Long Live beautifully crafted Jungle , should clear up some peops questions here..

"I guess you need a voice from the label and judging by some of the comments this wont help but here's a little technical background that may explain the balancing process and the unknown element of pressing PDs. We've been doing this for quite some time now and I've seen and heard the best and the worst, 17 & 18 are not the best press but def not the worst, we've had issues many years ago to the point we issued one or two Enforcers on CD. In this current circumstance we wont turn a blind eye, we did what we could and made a digital format available. A lot of the discussion was direct via email and was generally a positive discussion. I wont get into a long debate but just letting you know we do STILL care about what we love to do. We've had this debate for 20+ years, it wont go away. here is one of many documents from more recent times. Forgive me if you already know all this but reading through the post It's clear not everyone does.

do picture disc sound worse that black vinyl?

Yes, somewhat.

"When pressing records we’re often asked by bands about possibly doing picture discs and if they sound any different. This is always uncomfortable for us as we understand how very badass an artistic picture disc can look but in the end if it’s not going to be the best audio quality possible, then we can’t do it. So let’s talk about why they don’t sound as good.

The Why:

The main reason for the lack in quality is going to be the higher noise floor. With Picture disc vinyl a vinyl base is laid down, then a full size label is placed on top and then a clear wax layer on top that the plates will then be pressed into. What this mainly leads to is increased surface noise, which is most obviously heard in the silence between tracks. As every collector with a scratched vinyl knows though, once you hear the imperfection in the space between tracks it can be difficult to un-hear it. In addition the art actually can affect the sound quality, this part I don’t fully understand, but it has to do with how intense the pattern is on the art.

Check out Pirates Press’ disclaimer:

It should be noted that Picture Discs may offer a lower acoustic quality, especially an increase in the acoustic noise in the initial and final grooves of the record and in the transitions between tracks. When using standard printing, a moiré effect may occur on the record as a result of interference effects (between the grooves of the record and the screening of the underlying label); the intensity of this phenomenon depends on the type of the pattern which is printed on the label.

TP's are pressed to black vinyl so its impossible to guess what the final press will sound like on a picture disc, at the end of the day its a compromise between picture and audio. By having the digital file you have the best of both worlds."
Interesting...

I wonder why this does not happen with coloured/marbled vinyl then ?
(25th November 2016, 09:47)Bassix Wrote: Interesting...

I wonder why this does not happen with coloured/marbled vinyl then ?

probably because all that entails is adding some colour to the plastic mixture before it gets made into discs, like adding food colouring to a potato or something – it's still just a potato even if it is purple
Aha ! Yes I get ya
There's an easy solution to this.

STOP releasing stupid picture disks.  Roll

What's the point in putting in money, time & effort when you know it's gonna sound somewhere in between crap, or at best not as good as it could sound.

Coloured vinyl for the win.
Purple potatoes Homerdrool
Sorry to burst the bullshit bubble, but it really doesnt matter what colour or composite of vinyl the records are pressed on. As someone who has read vinyl pressing dubplate dissertations, these parallels even with acetates dont exist. Just buy a fucking decent needle, clean your records, dont drip beer on acetates like a pretentious dick. All these stories are robotic hyperbole. And yes, i have owned many picture discs. 

Turd criticism.
Applause

even weight on the stylus makes a big difference, I recently ripped all my Sci-Wax releases to WAV, bought me a brand new stylus, and found them to sound really muffled when trying to record, I though oh shit...what's wrong here, I even thought my mixer was on it's way out.
Then I noticed there seemed to be a lot of weight on the needle. turned it way down, and hey-presto!
Sounding ridiculously good, even though there are 2 tracks per side, bass was brilliant, treble was really crisp. I was really impressed.
Drums

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE Enforcers 19 & 20 firefinga 3 1,652 7th August 2018, 14:58
Last Post: noisemonkey
  RELEASE Fanu: "The Silent Watcher" 2x12" vinyl preorder fanu 11 6,288 27th June 2017, 11:32
Last Post: Statto
  RELEASE PreOrder dgoHn "All The Fuckin' As" firefinga 7 5,017 12th February 2016, 23:35
Last Post: El Guapo
  8205-001 Mixrace "Dirty Amen / Express Yourself Rmx" available for preorder now devnull 23 9,313 22nd May 2014, 13:24
  Statto's Enforcers collection Statto 49 10,461 15th April 2008, 13:26