RADIO 

Stick Figure - Set In Stone

0 Replies, 2227 Views

Stumbled into this on YT recently...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU_CrTrZDnY

Nice, fluid, song based reggae infusions with not too much cheese; catchy, quite coy, interesting beats and rhythms. Comparisons with Split Enz and Bob Marley. Not surprised this has got 1 million listeners already. I like it. YT (YouTube) is a treasure trove, one of the best features of the free web.

Now all that I need to do is get a more stable connection with Floating Tube application for mobiles working. It allows us to minimize video box on screen of the phone. So you can prioritise other tasks at the same time, like casual browsing or social media. Mainly good for the ADHD sufferers like me - I have at least 2 things going on always. We could diagnose ourselves with anything. Lol 

:rasta: :Hypno :Dance :Mutley-ani1 :Hugs 

It's also testament to the foundations of reggae and it's popular culture precedence from Jamaican import since 1958 on immigration street dances and assimilation into rock steady and blues infusions. All of that caused a tidal wave of beautiful reggae from King Tubby, Jah Shaka (mainly 1960s-1980s) and sub genre statements from calypso (usually involving some flirtatious gaga raggaman chatting about how his yogurt isn't Activia) and later dance hall and, even later than that, grime.  Of course there's always a lot of room for improvement - for me the dub element causes natural slack.

Anyway, see what you think, and reply if you listen or know them. I need some company besides my invisible girlfriend.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE OUT NOW: CON-FIGURE - ATARAXIA EP (OmniEP289) Euphony 0 392 23rd October 2022, 07:13
Last Post: Euphony
  NEWS Former Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland, aged 48, died firefinga 1 3,907 7th December 2015, 09:41
Last Post: widzhit
  Sly & the Family Stone - A Whole New Thing cycom 9 4,310 23rd March 2011, 09:52
Last Post: cycom
  How much does the UK's "stick-on hairy chest" cost? Naphta 2 2,666 3rd October 2010, 17:31
Last Post: Naphta
  Roni Size - "Rolling Stone" tyranny 3 2,612 8th March 2010, 12:52
Last Post: dionysus