World Cup 2018

47 Replies, 29061 Views

Gwarn Japan. 1-0. Gun those banal Belgians straight out the stadium.

Edit: hahaha, but that's not the case here. 3-2 Belgium win. Full time, Japan deserved to win. Belgium were generally not set up for future success in the first half. Second half they strategised their game. I didn't see the jammy after 90 min goal but highlights showed it.

In reality I wanted Belgium to win. England were playing with them last match. The replay even shows Belgium scored a own goal.
Lol at fouling Colombia too. That's the only way they're anywhere near the winners (losers) here.
Gareth Southgate certainly kno2s about pwenalties
YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Footy
I'm thinking about betting against Sweden versus England, since it has worked so far. What does the papers write about the Swedish side in the English press? Some of our players perform miserably, yet with luck and team spirit alone they've managed to tumble through the entire qualifying stage and on their way forward. To be honest, I cannot comprehend why they still are hanging on. 

I really hope that Olsson plays against England this weekend, since we need speed. Kane is on fire, and the Swedes won't be able to stop him from scoring.
Southgate reports on English TV we have a bad track record versus Sweden.
Swedes 1 Turnips 0

Hahaha
Oops Rofl

Classic Tune inside! Wink

Gwan the John Barnes
I gotta admit, I am pleasently surprised with the overall quality of the games. Appears to be much more enjoyable that the last Euro, which was a drag most of the time. Let's hope the quarter finals will be bangers.
Music critic for the Tally Ho
come on Belgium Twothumbs
Luzhniki, Luzhniki, something something something, and we're going to Luzhniki

Fauxpas
Was a top match.
The Swedes looked paralyzed out there, and it was a yawn of a match. The only decent sequences were the goals by England, and a couple of saves from both keepers. Where was the fighting spirit? I am looking at the Russia - Croatia game right now, and they look like they want to win and act like it.
(12th June 2018, 17:51)Statto Wrote: I guess I'll watch until England get knocked out

Fauxpas

Poor Statto, has to keep watching now till the end (or the match for 3rd)
Grumble
The better team won. England were rubbish after half time Neutral
Stizzle has been relieved just in time.

France will have an incredibly difficult time disabling the machine in my Croatian favourites this final. They're generally too fast and loud in aggression stakes for most teams in the world. I'm impressed with the free kick types. Their cross-pitch play is Croatia's best chance.
We didnt take our chances in the first half, 2-0 up at half time and we would have won, no question.

Overall we have done better than expected, a great effort from the team.
The tournament is soon over and we can all go back to more productive ventures, yet I can still appreciate to watch the World Cup when it's on. I used to be more into sports than I am now, but I have grown fond of other things over time. I guess that it is age and the awareness of how unproductive you are when in front of the television.

England were not on point against Croatia, but the free kick was a beauty. Kane wasn't on fire when needed and the team looked less interested than the Croats.
I have to say, the tournament overall was surprisingly entertaining. I enjoyed most games I watched. Especially surprising after the daft lates Euro. I am actuallynot rooting for any team in the final but anything other than France winning it in the end would be a sensation.
I guess that it was a penalty, but what if it wasn't? The Croats made a few mistakes though so they had to run up hill right from the start. The blunder from the French keeper was epic although I guess that the result was fair in the end considering the two last goals from the French.

They shut down Modric in the second half and the Croats looked more tired in the end. They fought hard but it didn't carry them the entire way. It was probably the best team overall in the entire tournament.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation RELEASE Eomac - Reconnect Lp (Eotrax) - April 2018 +ToRMeNT+ 31 19,879 31st May 2020, 13:22
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
Smile NEWS Pokemon Franchise - A Travelogue (1998-2018+) Muttley 10 13,410 29th February 2020, 02:28
Last Post: Muttley
  cricket world cup Statto 30 7,190 18th July 2019, 06:19
Last Post: Muttley
  SV EOYRE CHARTS 2018 EDITION Muttley 44 25,794 8th July 2019, 06:00
Last Post: Statto
Exclamation MIX Lajwah - 365th Day Reflection [Dec-2018] esb 2 3,960 3rd January 2019, 18:10
Last Post: esb