RELEASE 

Sarah Jane Gray (artist, one half of Broken Library band)

1 Replies, 1631 Views

I encountered Sarah Jane Grey and her bandmate Sam Pope, playing covers and original material as the band Broken Library, in Witney in late October 2017. The happy couple suffered joint brain haemorraghes at different points in life, and Headway charity helped them to release this.

I've just visited Sarah's artist website for the first time, piqued by the CD paintings in the inner sleeve of their "Jigsaw" album, a collection of song-writing covers and original works. The album is available to buy on there, and the busking style gig I attended filled me with hope and joy.

Both very friendly folk, and Sarah's a dab had with paints - check out her watercolour paintings here: http://sarahjaneg.co.uk/into-the-waterfall-portfolio/ ...I find them imbued with child-like clarity and optimism, but with a earnest maturity beyond their years that Is capturing of all the finer aspects of texture, tone, and ordinance. Having studied visual art at the Open Uni the material would fit right in at the Tate, it's that interesting.
Well Subvert Central, it sure is a pleasure seeing your cheery face again! What seems to be pissing yourself off today?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Release @ Soundium: Loxy - Politicians / Gabriel Gray soundium 0 1,363 24th May 2011, 11:17
Last Post: soundium
  Asians In The Library - This. Is. Awesome. Roo Stercogburn 3 2,208 6th April 2011, 18:37
Last Post: thush-ara
  West Norwood Cassette Library - Everyday Junglist Guest Mix Vol. 13 ('93 hardcore!) fonik 5 3,106 9th March 2011, 14:39
Last Post: Euphony
  Half-drunk on techno party on a ship cycom 18 6,188 17th October 2010, 12:14
Last Post: cycom
  funk.45.mix #26 - Half & Half BlueWater 6 2,680 30th September 2010, 08:11
Last Post: Dissonance