Anyone has troubles with using soundcloud?

5 Replies, 2592 Views

Maybe it's because of my old operation system in my laptop (Windows Vista Smile ) but Soundcloud seems to be down. I cannot play any tracks from Soundcloud - I can open artist/label site, but there are no tracks available to listen (despite the box at the right side of the window shows number of available tracks on artist/label site).  Funny thing that embedded tracks on forums/sites play well.
I've had other issues with SC recently, like crashing browser (Mozilla Firefox) when I was trying to skip few seconds within the track, but this could be caused by outdated browser/flash player etc. Now I cannot play anything Fauxpas
I just went there and had no trouble whatsoever. Although I am on a two months old laptop running win 10 and the latest Firefox. A wild guess would be it's indeed Vista which isn't supported much any more these days by websites/software.
Music critic for the Tally Ho
No issues here. Perhaps you've got your laptop infected with a virus? Once I had a virus that was mining bitcoins on my PC and even foobar2000 started lagging the hell out Smile

Best wishes and regards,
Elizabeth
Hm, i've checked it also at work (on laptop with Win7 and recent IE / recent version Chrome) and it's the same - no tracks are visible (however I can play the embedded tracks on the right panel of Soundcloud site or embedded into other websites), so it seems to be a wider issue. Maybe it isn't working only on some geografic locations or something. However it's still working fine on my mobile devices.
Check if you are actually logged in. Might sound simple, but it does affect your own uploads.
I was playing some stuff on there the other night - no problem occurred.
Also if you are using a subscription, it does affect the amount and access to tracks in general.
Hope that helps Smile
Thanks guys for your feedback.
However it seems to be a wider problem:
https://soundcloudcommunity.com/desktop-...es-7405504
Changing language settings to English brings all the tracks back

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Subvert Central having routing troubles? Roo Stercogburn 1 933 25th June 2012, 11:06
Last Post: Statto
  [soundcloud] The i updated soundcloud thread djneils 11 6,378 28th August 2010, 11:50
Last Post: djneils
  sleep troubles djfada 45 4,159 9th July 2007, 18:53
Last Post: djfada
  Inperspective or the troubles of the english language cp_ffm 8 1,722 2nd June 2006, 16:54
Last Post: cp_ffm