NEWS 

Jan St. Werner (think he's in Mouse On Mars) - Fiepblatter series

4 Replies, 2584 Views

"Glottal Wolpertinger", which I think translates to something like "wall of sound/frequencies" in German dialect, is a Ambient light expèrimental drone collage of functionally abridged exercises in hertz. 

It can be a struggle relying on one instrument to excite audiences. Werner counters this killjoy assertion by deft editing techniques and painting oceans in just a few drops of residue. Starting each track with a brief explanation of the frequencies used, each track then walks adjacently well a trodden path in distilled modular continuum. The oscillations make for repeated listening...for me, I originally looped this Thrill Jockey album over eight hours straight. It definitely has a lulling quality as such, but also a semblance of great rapture.

Fundamentally affixed to the semblance of synthesis available from musical devices, this isn't coffeehouse listening, so fasten yourself to the laughing gas and maybe even strap yourself to the generator while you're at it. Sparks may fly. A particularly finessed part of the record is its melting pot of technology textures and riveting, harmonic register. Playing without the desire for discord - dissonance, yes, but not the desire to mess with your head too much- caveats a good, successful attempt to emulate musique concrete pioneers like Daphne Oram and Elaine Radigue.

...(link)...
Once I get press linkage approval anyway.
Thanks to Matt of Thrill Jockey for this. 
He notes it's for fans of Oram and Radigue.
If you like, look out for the full review of this finished up for www.fluid-radio.co.uk within a week
What up, subvert centralites. You continue to amaze me with your positivity, talkative natures in threads and support against terrorism.

Maybe tomorrow you'll have learned how to change a lightbulb.
Statto dear friend, what's yer latest thoughts on this music? The record is out now. Audio links above.
https://fiepblatter.bandcamp.com/album/g...atalogue-6

I quite like this Bluesmiley

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  any mouse on mars fans? esb 47 15,553 4th May 2017, 11:51
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  Stella Michelson aka Mouse Statto 25 9,336 22nd February 2016, 10:30
Last Post: Statto
  NASA finds evidence of life on mars Muttley 2 2,193 17th December 2014, 07:54
Last Post: MetaLX
  How do you catch a mouse? adist 39 11,463 11th January 2013, 16:29
Last Post: droid
  Curiosity rover successfully lands on Mars Statto 16 5,076 8th August 2012, 18:29
Last Post: MetaLX