Longformacus - Translucent Silence (56 min radio static piece)

2 Replies, 3025 Views

https://focisleft.bandcamp.com/album/tra...nt-silence

Download and details
---------------------------

1. This is a first in a series, with optional donation, because
2. My digital recorder settings have been changed unawares, to
3. Give me recordings with delicious radio static.
4. Finally, I have less than 100GB space on each working HD rn. Until my 2TB external pen arrives, I will have to link you on here otherwise.

There will be artwork for this release from me eventually, and I'll also choose a bit of a different angle to base the art on.

------------------------
About the release
------------------------

The sound is similar to the quietest of Drone Ambient, because that's exactly what it is: radio static and interference noise recorded at the same time on top of my digitally recorded microphone recording methods, of DJ set experiments that switch from... downtempo to dnb and electronic music. Strangely, this time, only the static silence was recorded, and my Olympus £35 recorder has been like that since the middle of June 2019. To me the mix of static and found sounds (esp. if you tune in with headphones on, waves, white noise and raindrops can be sensed) is absolutely fantastic, because it is so naturally calm, very analogue and very ultra-mundane, like a sea breeze in Spanish air.

Cheers.  more
credits
released June 25, 2019  

All silence and static recorded by Mick Robert Buckingham, on an Olympus VN13 Digital Recorder, as translucent recoding of DJ mixing between sound sources in the Squatchlair Studios lounge.
Also this new old music called "Eat Yr Spinach"...

https://focisleft.bandcamp.com/album/eat-yr-spinach
Played in a local café today - the guitar dub anyway

Hola Huffkins!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RADIO Propulsion Or Anguish? [thought piece] Muttley 0 797 13th July 2021, 20:49
Last Post: Muttley
  RELEASE FR & Longformacus - The Dangerous Pike project Muttley 1 2,696 8th June 2020, 13:56
  RELEASE Longformacus - Drone Works (2016 Collection, Updated Weekly, No Minimum) Muttley 23 26,068 15th December 2018, 08:38
  [Drone/Ambient] Foci's Left/Longformacus - Multi Patching Muttley 2 4,411 15th December 2018, 08:36
Love RELEASE Longformacus - Shell Strings Muttley 1 2,677 7th July 2018, 19:01