[SHOW] Muttley - The 15 Minutes of Fame Mix Series (2008)

115 Replies, 36029 Views

Muttley Wrote:Update: "For The Night Owls" has been mastered. The post is amended with the Mp3 link.

mastered? Smile
Statto Wrote:
Muttley Wrote:Update: "For The Night Owls" has been mastered. The post is amended with the Mp3 link.

mastered? Smile

Uh-huh. Parts 5-11 were mastered by Macc @ SC Mastering, all files' comments sections tagged as such. Wink

Pan American - White Bird Release

[Image: 319ynvTfLnL._SL500_AA240_.jpg]

amazon.co.uk Wrote:On 2009's White Bird Release, former Labradford singer/guitarist Mark Nelson once again dons his Pan American guise, offering up a mesmerizing collection of ambient/post-rock compositions. At times, Nelson incorporates grainy textures thatrecall Fennesz (see "There Can Be No Thought of Finishing"), always delicately balancing the electronic and acoustic equation of his consistently entrancing aesthetic.

Purchase: amazon.co.uk

Pan American: MySpace

Kranky: Official website
Macc
Hakobune - Wandering Towards What Was Unsaid

[Image: R-150-1015551-1184345334.jpeg]

smallfish.co.uk Wrote:A release that I keep going back to time after time. Highly recommended. It's always hard to pick favourites from such a lovely series as this but I've got to say that this is an absolutely tremendous release from Hakobune. 4 tracks of sublime ambient work which uses subtle, looping, drifting sounds to really create a luscious set of textures. Deep, meditative tracks that I just can't recommend enough. Really lovely.

Hakobune: Discogs entry

Purchase: CD

Hakobune: MySpace
Oophoi - Hymns To A Silent Sky

[Image: 300x300.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Robert Phoenix

Oöphoi is Gianluigi Gasparetti, a veteran of the Italian ambient scene. Gasparetti uses analog synths along with singing bowls, chimes, flutes and other instruments that he processes to create a rich field of sound. Hymns to a Silent Sky can be placed alongside other notable ambient works by the likes of Rich, Roach and even Eno. He takes his time with each piece, especially on the deep spaces of "The Unbearable Sadness of Memories." It's a 21-minute odyssey of deeply meditative music, ghostly and haunted by the faint memory of existence. Oöphoi is like an open receiver, tuning into otherworldly dimensions of primordial expanse.

Download: Oophoi on eMusic

Oophoi: MySpace

Aquadorsa (E. Coniglio & Oophoi): Zaum Vol.1 Compilation
Husky Rescue - Ghost Is Not Real

[Image: 51j4Vr6XLoL._SL500_AA240_.jpg]

M. Hamer Wrote:"Ghost is not Real" takes you on a journey of chilled-out spellbinding sound that leaves you up-lifted, and inspired. It heals the wounds of a bad day at work.
As I said before, if you like Sigur Ros, and Air, you'll like this.

Purchase: CD

Husky Rescue: MySpace

Catskills Records: MySpace
Zelienople - Sleeper Coach

[Image: 300x300.jpg]

Almost Cool Music Reviews Wrote:"Softkiller" harnesses some of that tension with a repetitive and driving bassline that carries more weary vocals as the track takes off with a beautiful chiming layer of guitars and other sweeps of feedback.

While Pajama Avenue was never exactly a shiny happy release, Sleeper Coach is also definitely more dreary. It reminds me of similarly droney and cold albums like Labradford's first couple of releases and some of the more bleached-out early work by Flying Saucer Attack. Fortunately, the group manages to keep things changing up slightly on the release instead of letting it slip completely into a land of droning nowhere.

Read: full review

Download: Zelienople on eMusic

Zelienople: MySpace
Evangelista - Hello, Voyager

[Image: 333.jpg]

boomkat Wrote:F*ck. There, I've started with an expletive so now I have your attention I can probably let you know why I bothered. 'Hello, Voyager' isn't the sort of album destined to draw the attention of the busy, net-addled music fan. Carla Bozulich's second album for the on-form Constellation label and first under the wing of her newly monikered band Evangelista, it's not exactly the easiest sell, but then there's the small matter of the music itself. Bozulich is no newcomer to the music scene, but 'Hello, Voyager' has her sounding more self-assured than ever before, and while her previous album (entitled 'Evangelista' just to confuse matters further) was a triumphant return, it is with 'Hello, Voyager' that she finally creates the grubby mark she's been hinting at for so long. And the reason for that expletive? It was exactly the reaction I had when I pressed play - and I continued, motionless, to listen as the album grew into a fuzzy skirmish of blues, no-wave, noise, rock 'n roll and so much more. 'Winds of St. Anne' begins our journey with Bozulich groaning and wheezing like a female Beefheart as discordant guitars attempt a sequel to 'Moonlight on Vermont' and within minutes of the album beginning you're already trapped by this singular, pervasive vision of poetry and music. Then we're thrown into the album's finest moment, the drum-led screech of 'Smooth Jazz' a track which is anything but, sounding closer to the most abrasive moments on Sonic Youth's seminal 'Sister', a comparison I don't use lightly. Basses fall through the rugged amplifier speakers as if held by monstrous behemoths and the drums rattle through the walls with everything mixed expertly by Godspeed You! Black Emperor's Efrim Menuck. Menuck isn't the only name to show up on 'Hello, Voyager' either, as various Montreal veterans and members of A Silver Mt. Zion show up sporadically to contribute drums, string arrangements or whatever is deemed necessary for the record's progress. Most of it works too, occasionally the string parts, for me at least, take some of the focus from the genuinely debauched sound of the record, the noise-laden bass-heavy core which defies its Northern pedigree, but we have variety and who can possibly begrudge Bozulich that? By the time the wails, moans and basement grit evolve into the final, twelve minute title track there should be no doubt in your mind that Evangelista is something truly spectacular, and when Bozulich blood-curdlingly squeals 'LOVE', you know exactly what she means. F*ck yes.

Purchase: Mp3 release

Evangeslista: MySpace

Constellation: website
that one's on my list Xyxthumbs
Grouper - Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill

[Image: 112.jpg]

boomkat Wrote:If previously you've struggled to make out Grouper lyrics, and wondered what's going on beneath that veneer of musty, degraded audio, 'Heavy Water/I'd Rather Be Sleeping' offers you a way in. Those dense recording techniques have become a unique production signature and it's virtually impossible to separate Liz Harris' creative identity from that uniquely ghostly sound of hers, but now it feels like a conduit to her songs rather than a barrier. There are echoes of her earliest work on the album too, as on the wordless, partially acappella atmospherics of 'Wind & Snow', but the overall impression left by this album is one of inspired creative renewal, and the unveiling of a songwriting talent that's previously been content to dwell in shadows and deflect attention with smoke and mirrors. A real milestone release for Harris, and a definite high point for the rejuvenated Type label, we've been unable to stop listening to this incredible album for weeks - it's an absolute must. Essential purchase.

Purchase: Mp3 release

Grouper: MySpace

Type Recordings: website
Welcome to the 21st post on SubVersion, the Subvert Central group blog.

[Image: muttley_time.jpg]
Artwork credits: cordani @ est00.com

Download

I'm toying with the risk of sounding like a broken record, but I feel I have to get past troubles off my chest. The woman I've waxed lyrical of in the 15 Minutes Of Fame Mix Series blurbs was sent the writeup I pondered on for over a year. The initial response I received wasn't unexpected - her friend jumped in to reply to me with an expletive, saying "don't try to start your psycho games again", whereby I sent him an email, explaining my perspectives diplomatically, and gave him the download link to use as he liked. She, as it happens, never responded. A Muttley message is for life, not just for pixelated fairytales, though it appears I've been misunderstood severely.

"Time Heals All Wounds" consists of several symbolic interjections. Predominantly a drum and bass mix, my first since "Departure" in August 2006, the content respects past idiosyncracies I made in 2007, most heartily in The Dastardly Diaries Chapter 2. In this project, Mick Dastardly (aka Muttley) took on the task of presenting a multi-genre, all-nighter track showcase, coupled with a webzine, themed to complement the IChiOne events in Amsterdam (see SubVersion Stop 3), and two other causes not affiliated, or acting in conjunction with the Dutch event.

To download it, click here.

Comprising 150 audio clips and seven mixes, the sequence was three-tier; for one, it highlighted descriptive benefits in relation to basic genre tags - "Attitude", "Chill" and "Deepersounds" titles were attributed to each audio clip, allowing users to shape their own playlists; second, it juxtaposed aesthetic transitions where the tunes could be blended; third, cryptic data snippets covering science, nature, insomnia and etymology were submitted to aid crossing the boundaries of cigarette card-styled, information station emulation. "Time Heals All Wounds" is the continuation of such progress. The lyrical pigment of "Billion Dollar Gravy" - "Baby, don't you leave me", is a sentimental ploy to the woman I lost in the foliage.

Fanu's "Tribes (remix)" symbolises the alternation of personalities I could trust during my diagnosis of suffering from psychotic depression. "New Day" by ICR is the amulet of respect I bestow on the woman for moving on with her life. "Mystery Mating" objectifies the surfeit of sex and quick love that she appeared to have aggregated. "Barmaid" - "Nobody had a chance to be somebody...so, anyway, what? Hm?" externalizes the self-doubt and disconnected pitfalls of choice.

"You Are Never Alone" touches on the unbridled support of Bridewell Gardens in my recovery. "Calm Before The Storm (Flight Of The Albatross)" contains the vocal "You would say you'd care for me", then questioning the soloistic - "No crying, no lying, no trouble beautiful girl". Khonnor's "Daylight And Delight" centres the discerned emotions in a diaspora of confusion - "When I think that I am safe, something happens that makes me feel otherwise, because I can feel the pain of something better, could kill me". Panda Bear's "I m Not" recalls the minutes I spent plotting a graph of what I was listening, in relation to the woman overseeing it - like last.fm, it drew on track orders as a whole as opposed to singular rites. She replied to me indirectly with "I b there but not in 0s and 1s son", asserting the broken letters of "I m Not".

Badmammal's "Beach Song" is the epitome of advancing post "Murray Ostril: They Don't Sleep Any More On The Beach", one hidden (and the concluding) track in the TDD 2 collage, by Godspeed You! Black Emperor. It is installed to identify a gain of self-esteem from the last project. In the "Clipticisms" (TDD 2's idiosyncracy system) I became very forlorn and distressed as to whether I had insulted the woman with my sequence of anecdotes - copied, pasted and methodized from the internet. Anyone knowing her screen alias could compose thought onto why I had paired her name with a quote rendering how some individuals have developed "a fake personality for themselves in the absence of one of their own". Today I regret the inclusion, whereas at that juncture I was low on sleep and pretty manic. I even have regrets as to apologising to the confederate of the data illustrated. But in all fairness, no-one else but me could have noticed, and to summarise, it shouldn't be a big deal. I'm undoubtedly the sole perpertrator whose lost hours of slumber over it.

I have hopefulness that you'll like "Time Heals All Wounds". It was originally created for my youngest grandmother's 74th birthday. Today it contains further reference and importance. It'll be the last drum and bass selection for a while, so if you're ready for another, please do let me know and I'll get on the case.

Subvert Central Mastering

est00.com

Mixed with 2 Pioneer CDJs, an Ecler Nuo3 mixer and Cubase SX 3.

Any feedback much appreciated. Smile
Mastered Mp3 link implemented.
Welcome to the 22nd post on SubVersion, the Subvert Central group blog.

[Image: muttley_veer.jpg]
Artwork credits: cordani @ est00.com

Download

They say if you fail to plan, you plan to fail, but they don't usually supplement if you fail to fail, you're on course to plan. This is the mentality I've been handling tighter in the last month, as the woman I've had the relationship breakdown with replied to one of my mails - directly, for the first time in over an annum. She informed me "you were thinking too much and too deep and tried to interpret too many things, which had absolutely nothing to do with you." Obviously there's misunderstandings at each end, a literary big cat that's had its dinner stolen. Reclaiming my equilibrium will be dictated by fate and common sense, as she says "I'm gonna explain you everything as soon as I'm gonna have a new laptop again, ok?" By kind direction of my parents I will resist answering her until that semblance is fulfilled.

"Veer On The Side Of Caution" is the second in a series of mixes dedicated to Bridewell Gardens, which I enrolled for earlier in 2009 to attempt work in the fields of conservation and decoration. To tie in the first paragraph, it is a cross-application of mellow and meaningful music that is themed on tracks that use piano for longer than two minutes. I partake in pricking out and potting on at Bridewell and this is my soundtrack. If you're unaware what these are: pricking out is lifting sowed seeds (plants) from their beds, putting them into trays, whereas potting on is lifting tray-bound plants and placing them in pots. Sound like fun? It's helped keep me sane and sedated this fall.

I've lengthened the double whammy of purposes by integrating the ominous narratives of L-r & Radiomentale's "I Could Never Make That Music Again" LP, ala "Let Sleeping Dogs Lie", to creep in and out. It is a relay of musicians talking of their personal hardships, methods of using music as healing agents, and the contextualising of such diction in succession opens the idioms into more adventurous areas. I can apply a multitude of the speeches as buoys for my problems with psychosis, most openly "I stopped listening to music in general. I had my own personal things that I was going through. I was also going through a time of, you know, I guess I would say...I'm not retro or conservative at all you know, I'm really not".

Leafcuter John's "Dream 111" is the badge of honour I sacrificed when presuming a test on the woman's MySpace page was to detect whether I was supposedly "stalking" her (which I wasn't. I was very worried for her and so prolonged my viewing of her MySpace to tell if there was suicidal hypothesising). A selection of her friends posted "one, two" in their specific language (this deal has greater space for misunderstanding as it veered over two different countries, one not native English) and I took the bait, intended for me or not, and posted "three" in her language. I then mailed the friend who shouted me down by saying if she has no more time for me, deleting my MySpace comment will let me know. For all I assume she could have removed me from her friends list there and then, as the comment on her site remained, but the one on mine "hello my favourite donut" (we used to jest and that was an affectionate term) disappeared. So the manifestation increased, opening up "This is battered and torn, with a scratch on the top, although it is not so worn, it is time to stop" to further interpretation.

"There are freaks that are created, either through accident or disease, and then there are freaks that create themselves. We get laughed at, it was a joke. We got laughed at for years, so we had to really believe in ourselves, because we could have given up. A freak is really a metaphor or a symbol for someone whos on the outside. And in a lot of ways, they've always seen themselves as outsiders...as freaks, if you were." Like trying to put ten pounds of mud in a five pound sack, this working could have transgressed desirably if I was able to see clearly, with clarity and restraint from not constantly wearing my heart on my sleeve. The anguish is almost palpable as I encounter my older emotions and attempt to open my eyes and realise this friendship I had online with this woman could teeter to trepidation all too quickly if I don't take my family's advice and hold back. Those reading my past write-ups, and newcomers to the 15 Minutes Of Fame Mix Series, I'll tell you honestly what occurs in good faith, very soon.

Mixed in Cubase SX 3.
Any feedback much appreciated. Smile
be careful now

Hugs
Statto Wrote:be careful now

Hugs

Things have settled down. Kisskiss

fonik's dubstep flavours (august 2009)

[Image: avatar.php?userid=76625&dateline=1232628965]

01. Shackleton - Bring me down (Peverelist Remix)
02. Ramadanman - Humber
03. Orien - Outer Galaxy
04. Martyn - Vancouver (2562's Puur Natuur Dub)
05. Synkro - Wasting Time
06. 2562 - Third Wave
07. Marco Bernardi - Mystery of Nazerus (2562 Remix)
08. Silkie - Spark
09. Truth - Lost at Sea
10. Vista - Neptune
11. Skream - Hitch

Download

http://www.everydayjunglist.biz/

15 Minutes Of Fame Mix Series
no last regrets here, only lessons in love, and lessons in how to make mixes again and again that are concerned with platitudes and staying on the sunny side; however hard that is, we remember we are having the time of our lives, that we don't need to worry about dying, and that time is essentially immortal; no belly up, except for the real cake consumption, you go nhs staff, hopefully some of the emaciated older people will get a fill for once.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEWS RIP Gershon Kingsley (of "Hot Butter - Popcorn"-Fame) firefinga 1 2,489 19th December 2019, 09:52
Last Post: Statto
  MIX dnb/downtempo mix by Muttley Muttley 5 2,948 11th June 2019, 09:39
Last Post: Muttley
  MIX Now That's What I Call Subvert Central (Muttley Subverts Mix) Muttley 16 14,353 23rd May 2019, 14:53
  RADIO Rethink Radio - Muttley - Happiness Is Natural Mix Muttley 2 2,603 3rd July 2018, 12:23
  [Kidzania] DJ Muttley - Special Bru - June 2018 Mix Muttley 1 2,904 21st June 2018, 17:24