Blind Test // 90s Drum 'n' Bass / Jungle (Electronic Beats TV)

8 Replies, 6320 Views

Check this out:

Blind Test // 90s Drum 'n' Bass / Jungle (Electronic Beats TV)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lreLNeUxRqA

Telekom Electronic Beats: 

"For this, the fifth episode of our widely popular Electronic Beats TV Blind Test series we have a nice Line-up of well know artists and new talents. Fabio, Bailey, Klute, Tim Reaper, Djinn and DJ MUSTBETRUE play our favourite electronic music guessing game. We’re rewinding back to the 90s for some Drum ’n’ Bass and Jungle goodies and as always, please try for yourself at home.

Please note that this video is not filmed in real time. It’s edited to create some tension so that you in front of the screen can guess as well. It doesn’t say anything about how fast the participants recognised the track etc.

All contestants receive one point for both artist and title correct, but only half a point if they can only guess the artist or the title."

Try the blind test and let me know what you got. Try to avoid spoilers for those who haven't done the blind test yet. I used to be able to ID most of these by heart or by catalog number, but I haven't maintained my knowledge over the years. I remembered most of the tunes, or that they sounded familiar, but I thought that it was the wrong label or artist name a couple of times. In a few instances I didn't remember all the necessary information to be awarded the point. One or two times I thought that I knew the name of the artist, but was way off.
I actually maanged all except the Proper Talent tune from the Beginning. Great to see that SC-grad Tim Reaper finished ahaead of all the others score-wise.
Music critic for the Tally Ho
must have a go at that when I have time Xyxthumbs
Xyxthumbs
(17th July 2020, 23:11)firefinga Wrote: I actually maanged all except the Proper Talent tune from the Beginning.

Ahh that was the same with me! Didn't know that one at all

http://www.hardscore.com/articles/lazerdrome/
big up Tim Reaper - who was probably three or something when most of the tunes came out

Hahaha
Blind Test // 90s Techno #2 - Episode 6 (Electronic Beats TV)
[color=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))][/color]
aka. how to be lanky and have swag..

I've never heard that W. Wilison, "The Juice" tune before ^^. Nice.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bandcamp: Drum 'N' Bass & other music recommendations Spectraz 177 150,494 10th February 2024, 00:31
Last Post: Statto
  Hip Hop + Drum & Bass done well Catastrophe 58 41,334 9th September 2023, 02:02
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  Jungle vs Drum & Bass Icewind 159 89,675 14th April 2022, 00:04
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  Drum and bass on Mastermind Statto 1 1,535 10th March 2022, 16:09
Last Post: girth_maul
Smile This is fun: 90s Jungle blind test Theeboon 6 2,196 9th August 2021, 03:13
Last Post: cheef