so, who knew that mad max was a religious fanatic?

20 Replies, 2799 Views

i'm sure you've all heard about mel gibson's movie "the passion", a recreation of the last 12 hours of jesus' life, and about the furor it's causing with allegations of anti-semitism and the like being lobbed right left and centre.

any thoughts?
Mel's a nutter from way back. Bloody Americans! Hahaha
[Image: dsbanner.jpg]
System Wrote:Bloody Americans! Hahaha

Rofl
Düffah Wrote:

Rofl

and i almost fell for that Oops
it all started with him building his own church Roll
Düffah Wrote:

Rofl

Twisted

MAD MAX 4 start shooting yet?
send fi de hacksaw[Image: archangel-michael-holy-card.jpg]
mad marshal Wrote:
Düffah Wrote:

Rofl

and i almost fell for that Oops
what? he is a Yank! Baffled Wink
The loose and meaningless way you throw around the phrase "religious fanatic" immediately highlights the fact that you hate philosophy/metaphysics and philosophical people.

Is anyone who believes that Jesus Christ was God a religious fanatic?

Is anyone who believes that Jesus Christ wasn't God a religious fanatic?

Is anyone who believes that God caused the Big Bang a religious fanatic?

Is anyone who assumes that God doesn't exist a religious fanatic?
[Image: el_tut_img.jpg]
is anyone that disagrees with sub way a religious fanatic?
t.e.c Wrote:is anyone that disagrees with sub way a religious fanatic?
Rofl in this context -> 'religious fanatic' === 'fundamentalist'.
dj_obiwan Wrote:
Düffah Wrote:

Rofl

Twisted

Shooting? :ak Crikey, he really is a fanatic.

:mutley:

**cue barrage from subway**
selph Wrote:it all started with him building his own church Roll

Icon_eek

He did?

Icon_question
Düffah Wrote:
dj_obiwan Wrote:
Düffah Wrote:

Rofl

Twisted

Shooting? :ak Crikey, he really is a fanatic.

:mutley:

**cue barrage from subway**
Grin Grin Grin
Sub Way Wrote:The loose and meaningless way you throw around the phrase "religious fanatic" immediately highlights the fact that you hate philosophy/metaphysics and philosophical people.

you're weird, and i'd appreciate it if you don't address me on this board.

have a cookie, and move along.

ummm...mel gibson is clearly nutbars. he believes the holy spirit is alive and with him and his dad is a known holocaust denier.
should have said filming mad max 4 Baffled
send fi de hacksaw[Image: archangel-michael-holy-card.jpg]
what i find amusing is how someone can become anti semitic for making a film about jesus.

if anything it would be negative toward the puppet pro roman government of that time in israel.

then theres the fact that jesus, all his deciples and pretty much everyone in his life were jews - ethnically and until he came about religiously.

but then, i havent seen the film yet. i am going to watch it though. the guy has played an australian war hero, a scottish war hero, an american war hero(well several american war heros) its about time he portreyed someone distinctly anti violence (even without getting into a discussion over his divinity). i would be willing to bet though, that if mel was 15 years younger, it would be him centre screen being crucified as well. once again turning a martyr into his personal profit (not prophetHahaha )
vox Wrote:
Sub Way Wrote:The loose and meaningless way you throw around the phrase "religious fanatic" immediately highlights the fact that you hate philosophy/metaphysics and philosophical people.

you're weird, and i'd appreciate it if you don't address me on this board.
When you say things that are questionable expect them to be questioned. But I understand your reaction. You don't want your ideas to be questioned because then they come tumbling down.

Quote:ummm...mel gibson is clearly nutbars. he believes the holy spirit is alive and with him and his dad is a known holocaust denier.
Most people on Earth believe that the Holy Spirit is alive so I don't see how that makes him nutbars. I agree his father is a Nazi and this is part of the controversy. Mel Gibson is an antisemite.
_cform Wrote:i havent seen the film yet.
Probably a good idea to see the movie before you comment on it. That way you can avoid making prejudicial statemensts that are false.
you're about as insightful as a sack of poo.

yes, if it makes you feel better, you've caused me to question the very foundation upon which my praxis rests.

you've torn my whole world asunder.

i no longer know my own name.

shaddap already.

why don't you go lock yourself in a room, listen to rage against the machine and write poems about how your parents "suck"
I don't give a shit about melly but i saw ontv that the dude who played christ had a gruelling time: he dislocated his shoulder while carrying the cross, got hypothermia cos he couldn't get circulation into his legs, got severly injured by the whips, etc. It was really funny because during the interview he kept reiterating, no mel gibson is a great guy, the movie isn't anit-semetic & if people were to see the movie they would realize that it's about jesus or some prewritten bullshit.
raise cain Wrote:I don't give a shit about melly but i saw ontv that the dude who played christ had a gruelling time: he dislocated his shoulder while carrying the cross, got hypothermia cos he couldn't get circulation into his legs, got severly injured by the whips, etc. It was really funny because during the interview he kept reiterating, no mel gibson is a great guy, the movie isn't anit-semetic & if people were to see the movie they would realize that it's about jesus or some prewritten bullshit.

not only that, they were struck by lightning twice while filming!!! -no shit!!

...if that aint a sign that the "man upstairs" doesn't approve of the whole arrangement then what is!

Hahaha

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mad Max 4 firefinga 1 641 17th May 2015, 19:48
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  Max & Harvey (woob's ninja tune stuff) cube 6 2,870 12th April 2011, 23:30
Last Post: cube
  some Autechre MAX/MSP screens Dustin_E 9 3,848 28th July 2010, 18:13
Last Post: LXC
  Max Richter fushara 5 941 23rd July 2009, 10:13
Last Post: thush-ara
  [REPRESS] SLRV006 - Q Project - Freestyle Fanatic EP dwarde 29 8,114 25th April 2008, 10:52
Last Post: Law