old skool for da raverz....

442 Replies, 273156 Views

^
Used to go nuts to this!!!! Jig Took me 6 years after it came out to find out what it was and pick a copy up
You may notice I'm pulling records off my 92 shelf tonight Lol
ok, obvious tune here I'm afraid, but not heard it for ages until I just put it on the 1210's

and the B side:

I won't post volume 2 as it is pretty shit in my opinion, possibly the worst Early Formation release.
I can't remember if I have posted this or not, so here it is anyway (1991 by the way):

Now 1990:

Now a great hardly heard played tune form 1991:

and back to 92 and a tune I Lovesmilie

Euphony Wrote:Another bargain from the selectadisc £1 boxes Falcon

Xyxthumbs
Another local release, used to be the Touch FM advert background music

(and I might have posted this already?) Chin

If I have then > Oops

Now then........................

Teef

^
TeefTeefTeefTeefTeefTeef

Oddly, I do remember this being played to death early 1991 before it ever surfaced in the charts, I'm sure there was a decent version somewhere. Can't find it if there was though.

Anyway > Teef

^ I was trying to find the A side, lost in the darkness as that reminds me of 92 pirate radio business soooo much. Couldn't find it, so this will have to do. Still cool though. The mighty bay b kane Grin

Some more from Bay B kane in the form of Nu-matic then while I have them in my mind:

^ Falcon

and I will end tonight on this chilled little beauty, that bass loop is sooo sublime, those pads, chords, the melody.....so 1991 for me, it's making me reminisce right now

Falcon to Bay B Kane

Wave
^ as for Sublove (great "Underground" tune was posted few hours /few posts ago Wink ) :

Some more 92 business:
^always loved that breakbeats which hit after breakdowns here, eg. at 1:19 and 4:06
^my favourite Mixrace tune
^one of the best of early Ram tunes, unfortunately also the rarest (250 promo copies were only pressed for some reason). Hm, 250 copies... It seems to be standard quantity pressed nowadays afaik ... times are changing...
Dinsdale Wrote:^ as for Sublove (great "Underground" tune was posted few hours /few posts ago Wink ) :

Chin

I thought I'd seen it in the thread before, but when I whizzed through quickly I couldn't see it. Apologies, I shall delete it when I get back home Grin

Nice selection again Xyxthumbs Grin

Chris
No, you got me wrong Grin "Underground" is still here on this page Smile
I wrote that "it was posted few posts/few hours ago", as when I came back from bike trip yesterday to check this thread few hours later I saw numerous new posts posted within such short period of time Smile

Anyway, let's come back to the tunes:
^ Wicked EP, wanted to post also "Kick Dis One" from it, but couldn't find it on youtube. Actually the "Breakbeat Culture (The Basement Mix)" is also very good.
^ A tune! Always rated Danny Breaks productions as high as Hyper On Experience or Acen ones.
^ my favourite on the EP
^ next release on 2000AD, in completely different style, In My Soul is just perfect
Breakbeat Culture EP Falcon

In my soul Homerdrool

I'll be away for a few weeks after tomorrow with no internet access (unless I can bribe some local official :P ) So I'm guessing I'll have lots to catch up on when I get back Grin

Wave @ Dinsdale
Euphony Wrote:I'll be away for a few weeks after tomorrow with no internet access (unless I can bribe some local official :P ) So I'm guessing I'll have lots to catch up on when I get back Grin
Wave @ Dinsdale

I'll try to decrease my posting rate in this thread while you'll be away in order to help you not to overlook any of great tunes Wink
Euphony Wrote:I won't post volume 2 as it is pretty shit in my opinion, possibly the worst Early Formation release.

I'll post it then as its one of my favourite darkside tunes (before the suspect synth riff comes in anyway) and far from the worst early Formation, those Bizzi tunes were a waste of wax!
and t'other side
I'm still not particularly keen on them personally, but we can't all be the same as that would be boring Smile

As for the Bizzi release, I remember the Q Bass remix of Loose being quite good. I think it was on part 3. The first part was pretty poor as it couldn't decide if it wanted to be house or hardcore and didn't quite go with either Lol
Euphony Wrote:it couldn't decide if it wanted to be house or hardcore and didn't quite go with either

Like this?

Tune popped into my head today - was played loads at my resident gym.

(It's ultra commercial in comparison but keeps the thread afloat. Wink)
The Dastardly Diaries' first exclusive mix was Hardcore by dwarde, in 2007:

http://subvertcentral.com/forum/showthre...=dastardly

Twothumbs
Grin

Big Thumbd for posting Urban Cookie collective though Lol

What next? Whigfield Icon_razz
OK, I'm back in this thread Smile

^perfect early chillin' track
^one of the finest Basement releases imo, too bad I can't find b side on youtube
^always loved that tune for some reason (maybe because it differed a lot from typical 94 tune?); and those strings merged with vocals during the breakdowns.... pure class
Welcome back Dinsdale Grin Wave
A few from me..
Wicked EP I picked up for £1 in early 93:
I can't find the two best tunes (Pink bananas and Weeping) on youtube unfortunately)

Another wicked EP I picked for the same price at the same time:

Hyper

and now...........

^ wicked release Falcon

and this EP was a great find back then Grin

That's all for now!
Euphony Wrote:
Hyper
I remember this from some old Don FM tape, great tune (tbh whole EP is good, as well DFS ROK2 just found on youtube, I wasn't aware that DFS ROK2 was even released).

Couple ones from me:
^great remix by Blame, totally different from the original and other released remixes, and way ahead of its time (it was released in 1994!). Masterpiece.
^my favourite tune from Goldie & 4Hero collaboration
^another wicked tune from 94
And now for something completely different: Smile
All fab tunes mate Grin

Xyxthumbs

I picked that silly Simpsons tune up for 50p in 97 wondering what the hell i was buying! Lol
I thought 50p is nothign so it doesn't matter Lol

Ok, a few from me now:

Grin
and a few early ones from Invisible Man:

Grin
thumbzo Wrote:
Euphony Wrote:I won't post volume 2 as it is pretty shit in my opinion, possibly the worst Early Formation release.

I'll post it then as its one of my favourite darkside tunes (before the suspect synth riff comes in anyway) and far from the worst early Formation
Yes i was going to say that, that a-side Edge #1 rehash is wicked in my opinion, although I can see why someone wouldn't like it. I must admit I have picked it up a couple of times and thought 'how naff' but it works wicked in the mix and thats whats important Falcon

http://www.hardscore.com/articles/lazerdrome/
Ornette Wrote:it works wicked in the mix

Chin

Well I can't argue with that at all Xyxthumbs
not sure if I've posted these before or not, if I have apologies

Obviously you may have noticed I've raided my Kickin' records collection Hahaha