Special Curry Recipes - Muttley (Collection 1-10)

10 Replies, 9050 Views

http://subvertcentral.blogspot.co.uk/201...chael.html

Finally got round to collecting the first three from my FB cache, as I mainly used to post these on FB; figured the SC Snax Creux might appreciate something on offer here.

The recipes take between 15 minutes (very versed chefs) and 2 hours depending on how much time you have, how many humans you're cooking for, what type of day that is, et cetera et cetera. All ingredients can be bought from your local markets, in most places of the world.

If you like this, check out Atul Kochhar - Curries Of The World pbk. It's my curry recipe bible.
Cheers! Mick
Just noting here for the time being that FB recipes 4-10, though I think I only put nine (9_) on there, are offline. I can possibly salvage some extrapolation links at a later date. Right now, all that above is plenty to be enjoying if you love REAL curry.

I cook curry, spiced meat, and fish every week, make a new curry every week, but write memories down. It can be a very therapeutic experience. It's like painting. Not surprising I went from painter to music producer to working chef for my in-house meals. Thx C.

Me take a lot of expense over my curries. Atul's book is very inspirational and includes a to-die-for Chicken Courgette Curry from Burma. He travelled all around the world to write the book. Generations of expertise. It's on Kindle E-Reader.
My parents do not believe I
My parents to not believe cooking curry with rice is natural.

But...I can always freestyle my heart out at home.

Yesterday I cooked a Black Bean Mince & Pasta curry variant. To most, that's not exactly curry. To me/I/it, not either. #

But it's all about experimentation, about using the ancient ways, to try new things, in order to believe in I
I is yourself, not a construct, not a life choice, not a particular element.
It is the soul.

Lovesmilie parents.
I love this thread concept, it's totally unbloated..
all about baked bean curry bitd when on a budget.
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
Absolutely noisemonkey. All about blending baked beans with tabasco and soy sauce. I am a fan of using chicken and pork with basmati rice for clarity of flavour, or pullao rice for fuller flavour. Tastes great accompanied by beef tomatoes, spring onions, aubergine or cooked frozen pea. Spice wise, I recommend garam masala, ground coriander, Chinese 5Spice, allspice for nutmeg futility, star anise, Shaans tikka curry powder, anything like this.
Some decent additives to a REAL curry....

Bird's Eye Chillies - zing!
Bay leaf/banana leaf - extra flavour
Ben Kei's Hot Sauce - chipotle or hot or Sidekick
Mustard seeds - watch them pop!
Oregano - surprising with pork korma
Coriander seeds - for lemony zest
my chilli ingredients include: a nice strong stout and some decaf coffee grounds (not instant obviously)
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
Got given a 4 bottle gourmet hot sauces this Xmas. Fiery Diablo, Garlic El Fuego, Smokey Chipotle, Green Jalapeno.

Garlic El Fuego = sweet, aromatic, zingy, addictive.
I found out all my curry recipes are still online, the ones I made influenced by others, and books, and there are many many curry recipes everywhere in 2020.

Again, the blogged three are the best ones. Your world is your oyster with them. In concern of the aforementioned, in the Punjab curry didn't used to be cooked with rice or many carbs at all.

I was also referring to some pseudo creations I wanted to impress guests with when I was immature enough to think that impressing people would inherently make me feel good. It doesn't.

HelloFresh have carried on that "blueprint" type of recipe card idea I had, chefs like Jamie Oliver endorsed their products / meals, and HelloFresh is hence doing big, boxed things now.

You can find out about them at www.hellofresh - .co.uk for the UK site, much different to the US version, .com for rest of the world.

A recommended meal package to get you started? Try the Asian Veggie Laksa recipe, or the Chicken Laksa - two Chinese curry noodle dishes that have flavours upon flavour.

The Laksa itself is comprised of Coconut Milk, Green Pepper (tangier than sharper red or sweeter yellow), Peanut Butter pod, and or Salted Peanuts, Lemongrass stick beaten down to infuse, Thai Spice, Soy Sauce, Lime, and more ingredients to taste such as Ginger. It uses Egg Noodle Nests, but rice is also fine, if you want to make a kind of Nepalese/Italian Indonese Risotto Stew.

There are regular Asian/Italian/Mexican things on offer with HelloFresh, this is most of what they do, but you will be able to find a meal for every family if you choose from their 15+ meals a week.

Indeed I've had some English and French inspired faves like Duck L'Orange, Tuscan Sausages with Colcannon Mash and Cavolo Nerro, but more to the point a wide variety of curry mix 'n blend.

Chex it out!
Kiss my chuddies man!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MIX SV Recommends Muttley - Halloween Special Muttley 12 9,095 9th January 2020, 14:53
Last Post: Muttley
  [Kidzania] DJ Muttley - Special Bru - June 2018 Mix Muttley 1 2,888 21st June 2018, 17:24
  EVENT SC Curry Session London Summer 2017 thush-ara 7 7,944 8th September 2017, 00:51
  Supermarket Curry and Curry Sauces davetrax 37 13,160 24th November 2016, 11:40
  EVENT ATTN: SC London Curry Night creux thush-ara 8 6,204 6th July 2016, 20:41
Last Post: firefinga