How do you use your sampler?

8 Replies, 9865 Views

Id say at least half the time now I only really use the few hardware samplers I have really to bounce stuff through for sound design then for actually sequencing ill keep stuff in the box and use either vember audio shortcircuit or N.I Kontakt. I still do the odd tune where everything is done in hardware samplers up to a certain point then I bounce everything down in to the box to mix. Or maybe sometimes I'll have my breaks and bassline and maybe 1 or 2 main pad sounds firing on hardware then everything else running in the box. I guess it depends on how your using the filters and modu or effects in a hardware sampler though, if its some fixed effect that can be applied then bounced and so on, may aswell end up with the final sample in something a lot more user friendly than these old 90's boxes. But if you want to be automating the filters or anything else a lot then theres no choice but leaving stuff in the hardware. Also I find the amp envelope on an s3000xl awesome for some break work even if its a little bit more work setting things up, sometimes I just cant get that same sound with a soft-sampler for whatever reason.

Messages In This Thread
How do you use your sampler? - by hue - 25th March 2015, 05:08
How do you use your sampler? - by KKND - 25th March 2015, 19:37
How do you use your sampler? - by Reximus - 2nd April 2015, 01:03
How do you use your sampler? - by firefinga - 2nd April 2015, 13:06
How do you use your sampler? - by Reximus - 3rd April 2015, 00:31
How do you use your sampler? - by hue - 15th April 2015, 03:05
How do you use your sampler? - by Paradigm X - 15th April 2015, 16:19
How do you use your sampler? - by KKND - 15th April 2015, 19:31
How do you use your sampler? - by Fada - 30th April 2015, 12:58