mozilla firefox appreciation

45 Replies, 31970 Views

man does this ever piss all over internet explorer. if you have not tried
it i highly recommend it. the tabbed browser function is simply amazing.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
esb Wrote:man does this ever piss all over internet explorer. if you have not tried

It's not difficult to beat IE but firefox is one of the best all right.

Stacks
'tis wicked but...

it keeps saving downloads as php files for some reason. its not a big problem but its fucking annoying.
Stacks Wrote:
esb Wrote:man does this ever piss all over internet explorer. if you have not tried

It's not difficult to beat IE but firefox is one of the best all right.

Stacks

very true. i'm just kicking myself for taking this long to switch over Oops
Yes
I just downloaded it, very nice.........

But it all looks a bit weird, everything is in a slightly different place Baffled
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
macc Wrote:i just downloaded it, very nice.........

but it all looks a bit weird, everything is in a slightly different place Baffled

swap the theme to something more pleasing...

tools----themes----get more themes Xyxthumbs
I dunno you know, I quite like it............ Feels very roomy. *puts feet up*
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
like most microsoft products IE is waaaay over specified for it's basic task... looking at webpages. I use safari which is apples broswer (based on mozilla too) but I'm thinking of also switching to firefox or opera. Tabbed browsing is so good when you get used to it.

Stacks
firefox is the bizznis for sure.

middle click to open a link in a new tab is awesome.
Mc Wowsers!

Just found the tab thing - super nice - no more 8000000 windows...
Now if someone could tell me the keyboard shortcut for changing tabs......

Please Smile
Tabs are fantastic. Middle click is my new best friend Smile

Macc - if you miss the look of IE, there are plenty of IE themes floating around.
Macc Wrote:Now if someone could tell me the keyboard shortcut for changing tabs......

Please Smile

ctrl + the number (1,2,3, ect)
Murky buckets, esb. That is seriously nice Cool
UFO_over_easy Wrote:if you miss the look of IE

Is that possible? Horrendous shite.

Stacks
Stacks Wrote:
UFO_over_easy Wrote:if you miss the look of IE

Is that possible? Horrendous shite.

Stacks

I just loaded it, and boy is it ever bright... I need to wash my eyes.
Macc Wrote:Murky buckets, esb. That is seriously nice Cool

hehehe no probs Smile

can i ask a favour of you macc?

could you please give me a run down of whom
did what tracks which you put up on the ftp for
me? i just want to make sure they are all getting
credited properly Smile
Just got it on seams nice and quick Cool
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3886861.stm
I use Opera because I love mouse-gestures. You just hold the right mouse button and flick left or right to go back or forward. It's a bit like flicking through the pages of a book. It has tabbed browsing and all that too.
Tempted to try Firefox but I'd miss those mouse gestures straight away! Cool
Catastrophe Wrote:I use Opera because I love mouse-gestures. You just hold the right mouse button and flick left or right to go back or forward. It's a bit like flicking through the pages of a book. It has tabbed browsing and all that too.

that's not for me then
I use the mouse as little as possible
keyboard shortcuts massive say aye!!
Aye!!!!

I program drums with the keyboard nowadays too, once you get the hang of it it is so much quicker.......
Statto Wrote:
Catastrophe Wrote:I use Opera because I love mouse-gestures. You just hold the right mouse button and flick left or right to go back or forward. It's a bit like flicking through the pages of a book. It has tabbed browsing and all that too.

that's not for me then
I use the mouse as little as possible
keyboard shortcuts massive say aye!!

I use Opera because its interface is so well designed.....mouse gestures are indeed great (but Statto, keyboard shortcuts are of course still available!)

Great context sensitive menus also...

I use and love the M2 mail client built in to it. Best email client I ever used, and works completely different to others.

Bulit in news and RSS feeds accounts. Click on links to these in browsers and they're added to a separate subtree in your messages...I wake up every morning to see a newsfeed of new torrent releases that I may be interested in.

Built in IRC client

Completely customisable toolbars, and the amount of skins available is amazing. (With one click skinning), tabbed browsing

Quick toggle between USER and AUTHOR mode is great as a web designer

Great built in search functionality, interfacing directly with any search engine plus other sites like ebay.

Notes, Fast forward and rewind, Pop up blocker, download manager, password manager, built in presentation tool comparable to powerpoint that uses HTML as its format...and tons more that i forget right now!

And FAST !

I Lovesmilie Opera

[Image: features_234x60.gif]
http://www.opera.com
assign keystroke commands to the mouse buttons and kick back... firefox rules

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Firefox help needed Naphta 9 3,624 26th November 2009, 13:42
Last Post: Naphta
  quick links on firefox Fada 2 3,205 24th September 2009, 00:15
Last Post: Fada
  IE & Firefox keep crashing on my PC Code 31 9,685 15th April 2009, 13:45