"A Scanner Darkly" - The Movie

11 Replies, 5331 Views

I'm sure you all know about the adaption of Philip K Dick's brillant book "A Scanner Darkly".

Anyhow - was a bit disappointed (or completely pissed-off!) to hear that Keanu Reeves was cast to play the role of Bob/Fred.

Thinking about it though, I think the role might actually suit him - the fact that Fred becomes less and less intact as the story progresses and effectively has less character...

Anyhow, just wondering if there's any other fans of the book and what you think about the movie adpation?!
No not Keanu!!!!

Though its sort of appropriate - re the faceless (can't remember what they are called) suits they wear when doing informer thing.
Isn't Jerry Bruckheimer making this? Baffled
Quote:No not Keanu!!!!

Though its sort of appropriate - re the faceless (can't remember what they are called) suits they wear when doing informer thing.

Lol

Richard Linklater is directing and the cast is made up of Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder, Robert Downey Jr., Woody Harrelson and Rory Cochrane.

Woody Harrelson is perrrrrfect for the role of Luckman!
Code Wrote:Lol

Richard Linklater is directing and the cast is made up of Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder, Robert Downey Jr., Woody Harrelson and Rory Cochrane.

Woody Harrelson is perrrrrfect for the role of Luckman!

Hollywood drug addicts and kleptomaniacs unite!!!
Yeah - apart from Keanu, I think they've cast the film pretty well !

Wink Grin
Keanu Reeves doesn't touch me anymore, was good in some early movies, but since THE MATRIX he is totally unbearable for me.

Especially in a movie adaption of Philip K. Dick. Couldn't be even worse.

Hope to see an adaption of Time out of joint someday, btw.

Maybe Darren Aronofsky could be some definite choice...hmmm.
any online news about this film...looks interesting nevertheless

and leave the boy alone any man that buys ALL his work mates a bike each can't be bad.................and keanu IS a stiff wooden actor always has been.......but i think that's why he always gets casyed in stiff wooden roles.............

gonnahave to get this book....
...still in production status.

Some more...

http://www.philipkdick.com/films_scanner-061204.html
yardie Wrote:...still in production status.

Some more...

http://www.philipkdick.com/films_scanner-061204.html

thanks... Grin
Chris Inperspective Wrote:gonna have to get this book....

Do Chris - can honestly say it's one of the best books I've EVER read.
Code Wrote:
Chris Inperspective Wrote:gonna have to get this book....

Do Chris - can honestly say it's one of the best books I've EVER read.

trust me I'm on it.......need some good reading for the tour Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stockhausen on Aphex Twin, Plastikman, Scanner... Statto 129 53,962 30th July 2015, 11:37
Last Post: cube
  Scanner Mix Statto 1 842 5th October 2012, 01:57
Last Post: esb
  Scanner - 52 Spaces - Ambient with attitude Code 2 925 16th December 2009, 17:19
Last Post: Code
  A Scanner Darkly (film) socialengineer 31 5,660 23rd January 2007, 19:28
Last Post: Hamilton
  a scanner darkly opened in new york safetyboy 27 5,292 2nd October 2006, 11:53
Last Post: cube