distro and shit

115 Replies, 36134 Views

It would be desireable to get SC releases stocked at the bigger online shops but not essential, for the first 1 or 2 anyway.
SC promotion is required to sell to non SC heads, but there are 1200+ members on SC now, so in theory we could sell 1200 copies of SC releases??? or at least 500 to SC member direct to them.

These sales alone would make the label a success, we could sell 750 direct to members and say another 250 copies to non SC headz, which in theory could mean 1000 units sold

Ineffect we have already done our promotion of SC/ THE SC CONCEPT /STREETTEAM by attracting over 1200+ members.

What we need now is for every member to support the cause and buy the records

Hence to sum up : Press 1000 units of each SC release and sell direct to SC members through the board...any units not sold direct.....sell to major on line retailers...........
DJ ML Wrote:in theory we could sell 1200 copies of SC releases??? or at least 500 to SC member direct to them.

Hence to sum up : Press 1000 units of each SC release and sell direct to SC members through the board

Icon_yippee
PS

DJ ML Wrote:What we need now is for every member to support the cause and buy the records

does this mean Stacks and Loris have to buy seven copies each?

Teef
DJ ML Wrote:It would be desireable to get SC releases stocked at the bigger online shops but not essential, for the first 1 or 2 anyway.
SC promotion is required to sell to non SC heads, but there are 1200+
members on SC now, so in theory we could sell 1200 copies of SC releases??? or at least 500 to SC member direct to them.

These sales alone would make the label a success, we could sell 750 direct to members and say another 250 copies to non SC headz, which in theory could mean 1000 units sold

Ineffect we have already done our promotion of SC/ THE SC CONCEPT /STREETTEAM by attracting over 1200+ members.

What we need now is for every member to support the cause and buy the records

Hence to sum up : Press 1000 units of each SC release and sell direct to SC members through the board...any units not sold direct.....sell to major on line retailers...........

I think that these numbers are higher then the reallity...from my experience only a small percentage of members are active and a smaller part are willing to get involved in the Forum agenda...
Seriously, you might sell 200 to people on SC.

Then you have to hustle for the rest.
Well 1200 copies is probably unrealistic, but 500 - 750 unit sales are definitely obtainable and a relistic target to set and achieve
dj ml Wrote:well 1200 copies is probably unrealistic, but 500 - 750 unit sales are definitely obtainable and a relistic target to set and achieve

Chin really?

i would really think that the real amount would be something along the 300...500 range...

but you should know better Smile
start small, get just 300-500 pressed up. 500 makes senses price wise.

get a few larger online shops and SUBVERT shops (like there's 2 from guys that regularly visit here, beatgallery.co.uk and urban-decay.co.uk) to stock this.....

maybe even let people pre-order by paypal ?
and let urbandecay/beatgallery handle the logistics? (why try it yourself if there's other people doing it as a job)

why not pre-ordering and then a time of exclusivity for those 2 smaller online shops and then later on let juno,chemical, redeye and the lot stock it too?

just thoughts.
but i wouldnt count on a forum of 1200 ppl to have 500-700 buy that piece of wax. thats totally not realistic and thats based on previous experiences i've had with sort like situations.
There may be 1200 reg'd users, but how many are on here 'actively'?

I'm on here as much as anyone, and I'd say 200 active subverts is generous, not to mention aliases..........
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Macc Wrote:I'm on here as much as anyone, and I'd say 200 active subverts is generous, not to mention aliases..........

Yes I suppose you cannot count on even that much.

Maybe the aliases could fork out as well Lol
don't forget all the ppl who mainly read, instead of posting endless snaxx debates Wink

i mean, i'm not that active around here but i've made my donation in the past and if i could buy some SC vinyl i'd do it (if no creditcard is requiered that is). i dunno about the whole streetteam thing, when i want to get involved i'd like to do it proper instead of just a few thingies'. but i wouldnt dropping some vinyls at the local record stores.
[Image: banner.gif]

don't take life too serious, it doesn't take you serious either.
Ribby wants to get his hooves in his furry pockets........
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
john doe Wrote:your calculations are based on what a distributor approximately gives you in return for a sold piece of wax yes.

its a whole different method if you cut out the middleman and put the product on the shelf yourselves. the fact is tho, that big internet shops like chemical, juno and the lot have standing deals with all distros and get huge packs of records in each week, shipping means next to nothing per sold 12"

if you start DIY and send of small packages, you will have to take into account the shipping as well....

all in all, i think the best thing to do is just fuckin CALL those businesses, not just email, but CALL those stores.

I wouldn't have any problems whatsoever getting distro with some of the stuff I'd put on my own label.I just need 2 get motivated to do for self,instead of just moaning about the good old days & all that b.s.!

Oops
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:I wouldn't have any problems whatsoever getting distro with some of the stuff I'd put on my own label.I just need 2 get motivated to do for self,instead of just moaning about the good old days & all that b.s.!

Oops

Get on the case then!
fuck me,just noticed Macc has 13,000 posts!!!!

i remember when I used to be the top poster on this forum Icon_cry Mad

Chuck D
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:i remember when I used to be the top poster on this forum Icon_cry Mad

ahem!

Kingstatto
Grumble

@ AO - :P
All hail King Statto.

The king with as much charm and regality as a car crash.

Twisted

Yes I have been reading 'Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy' recently :P

Chuck D
thats cos you cant be online all day, now you're reading books.
whats next?
Logos Wrote:Maybe the aliases could fork out as well Lol

Doris would be bankrupt Hahaha
regarding pressing, on the dubplates & mastering site is an old price list: http://www.dubplates-mastering.com/PLe.html
Well, if you can get major online stores, or maybe just one, to sell SC001 that's a load of plates taken care of innit. I have no numbers though obviously. Also, I know I would buy the records and could get a few people to do the same.

PS. Even if the sound quality wasn't that great. :P
Form Wrote:Well, if you can get major online stores, or maybe just one, to sell SC001 that's a load of plates taken care of innit.

Yeah but what's the point in that if no one buys them?
UFO_over_easy Wrote:
Form Wrote:Well, if you can get major online stores, or maybe just one, to sell SC001 that's a load of plates taken care of innit.

Yeah but what's the point in that if no one buys them?
That's not our problem anymore then is it. Grin Seriously though, lots of other stuff sells, and especially web stores might sell cause they have clips. Grin
Form Wrote:That's not our problem anymore then is it. Grin Seriously though, lots of other stuff sells, and especially web stores might sell cause they have clips. Grin

It really is our problem. I was assuming that the point of this record label is to get people to hear the music, not just to shift units. That's the main reason that dnb is a stagnant pool of shite right now.

The clip thing is a good point, but we can stick clips up on message boards as well...