Grooverider appreciation thread

227 Replies, 56221 Views

Cuss
Dinsdale Wrote:Again, i regret that I clicked on the clip you posted, Firefinga (same happened with Spiritual Aura 2014) Hahaha

Hahaha

Yes, I seem to have the anti-midas touch there.
Music critic for the Tally Ho
Selecta, Selecta, Selecta oh dear
.. makes you confirm that in that sector of dnb, there's really not much that you might be missing out on.

thought: dj's & producers who make (crap..) tunes to pass around mainly to each other, RATHER than to the outside music fan, who may or may not actually buy the tune. If Goldie likes it, it goes in the mix right? Chin
It's simply beyond my understanding how Metalheadz can release this nonsense and for example Blocks & Escher or Nucleus & Paradox under the same label.
Admittedly, I haven't checked out Headz for years until some point last year's summer. From that on, I have checked the labels output again, and pretty much all of it was either ok some I considered even good to excellent. But this Grooverider track is indeed a sad affair and pretty much the worst track ever released on Headz (if it really sees the day of light, but it looks like it)
http://www.discogs.com/Grooverider-Prese...se/6931129

Average rating so far: 6 times rated, Rating: 1,17
Hahaha
hehe, review from discogs: "I like nothing about this release."
also hehe, from another forum: "Has he got painted on ears?"
that's one bizarre diss

Hahaha
Had a quick listen on youtube and they do indeed sound a little dreadful. Actually make that extremely dreadful. Not sure why Metalheadz would release this. To me they're not a patch on what they used to be anyway, but this is something else entirely!
Euphony Wrote:Had a quick listen on youtube and they do indeed sound a little dreadful. Actually make that extremely dreadful. Not sure why Metalheadz would release this.

I guess it's for old time sake. Can't be anything else really.
ugh. and metalheadz has actually been puting out decent music for a few years now. How does this happen.
Well, That release isn't going down well with the discogs users:

markusw0w

April 29, 2015

fucking terrible

Reply Notify me 1 Helpful

[Image: eb1c14296771b1e8ac5bee289c272d69?s=52&r=pg&d=mm] DJMAXIM1

April 29, 2015
This is a very strange release for Metalheadz. These tunes sound like they belong on some low quality jump up label.

[Image: ab4321b4ca88727f152289d9beae95bf?s=52&r=pg&d=mm] JamesJ

April 29, 2015

Terrible terrible release! Was he doing Grooverider a favour or what? So out of touch and the production is basic and uninspired imo

[Image: U-205810-1414422865.jpeg.jpg] nickdawg

April 27, 2015

An all-time low for a legendary imprint.

Reply Notify me Helpful

[Image: U-1249427-1418384036.jpeg.jpg] freakie129

April 24, 2015

I like nothing about this release.
poor old Grooverider

Hugs
that doesnt surprise me, most of todays dnb, about 80 % releases are craps!
kaos Wrote:that doesnt surprise me, most of todays dnb, about 80 % releases are craps!

Sure, but I didn't expect it to be anything much of worth anyways, I was just curious.
funny thread Smiley
I actually like it.

But yeah the speeded up 'selecta' triplet does grate a little.
Gosh, for some reason I decided to check what Subtitles Music (Teebee's label) is up these days. After their relaunch a few years ago they had some good releases from Ulterior Motive and Zero T, so I didn't really expect to find something like this (consider yourself warned):
all I can think is "meh"

Neutral
firmly in the 80%
Ugh! Sounds like someone abusing a cello with a machete, and running the resulting cacophony through a vocoder

No

http://www.hardscore.com/articles/lazerdrome/
(2nd December 2016, 15:25)Ornette Wrote: Sounds like someone abusing a cello with a machete, and running the resulting cacophony through a vocoder

Well, I dunno. I'd actually be quite interested to hear that Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boymerang appreciation thread Jeff Risk 28 21,784 24th September 2023, 01:23
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  Progressive Rock Appreciation Thread Unsane 75 25,426 10th November 2022, 05:24
  emotional amen track appreciation thread scart ridge 125 100,182 22nd August 2022, 08:36
Last Post: Statto
  Frank Zappa Appreciation thread Ed:t 24 6,277 26th October 2021, 09:16
Last Post: Statto
  RELEASE Ryo Kawasaki Appreciation thread +ToRMeNT+ 1 2,751 19th September 2019, 05:46