How heavy is yer average vinyl?

15 Replies, 2605 Views

I remember certain Dillinja tunes a few years back (on the Test Series) being pressed on VERY heavy vinyl.

What weight would that have been and what weight is standard?
high quality vinyl is about 170g
what's yer average joe bloggs D&B tune pressed on?

135 grams?
220g or STFU! Teef
so that's what people mean when they say 'heavy tune!! Falcon '

Teef
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Code Wrote:what's yer average joe bloggs D&B tune pressed on?

135 grams?

i think 135 gr or 125 gr is perfect ... i mean come on ... nobody can tell me that you gonna hear big differnce between that and 180 gr on the shitty mk2 we all use when playing out ..with a catridge like ortofon or shure wich comes in at the lowest level sound quality wise ..regarding catriges + stylus

anyway all i wanted to say is i belive 135 is perfect ... i mean theres also differnces in the quality of the vinyl material whis is used ... but then again listen to ya jamaican 7" or 12" inches and im shure they were pressed on the cheapest material around ... but do the y sound bad ???? Grin ... Hahaha im having a rant day
So most D&B you buy is on 135 grams, yeah?

Cost wise it looks the best!
just get the tune carved into ya technics platter that would be well heavy Lol
Code Wrote:So most D&B you buy is on 135 grams, yeah?

Cost wise it looks the best!

whatever ... i dont think it makes that much difference from 125 - 170 gr at least on the normal standard technics mk2 setups used !!!
orson Wrote:
code Wrote:so most d&b you buy is on 135 grams, yeah?

cost wise it looks the best!

whatever ... i dont think it makes that much difference from 125 - 170 gr at least on the normal standard technics mk2 setups used !!!

rather make shure that the mastering is well done ...and loud enough Xyxthumbs
macc Wrote:so that's what people mean when they say 'heavy tune!! Falcon '

Teef

whahahahah... brilliant! Hahaha
yeah you probably wouldnt notice much difference on a technics!

slightly off topic, i tried a goldring GR1 which isnt a mixing turntable but it sounded shite loads better than a technics and a concorde blue.

whatever the music it sounded crisper, far more detailed and the bass was cleaner and deeper.......... all for a hundred quid!! will buy myself one when i have a hundred coins to spare.
bare
that's one reason for wanting to get my rega set back up when i move.
i want to actually HEAR some of my old records again. soundwise the
planar 3 pisses all over the technics.
I've got Dummy on 200g vinyl and it sounds HEAVY!!!
esb Wrote:that's one reason for wanting to get my rega set back up when i move.
i want to actually HEAR some of my old records again. soundwise the
planar 3 pisses all over the technics.

word !!!
dsp Wrote:just get the tune carved into ya technics platter that would be well heavy Lol

Carved in a giant cheese wheel it gives the word "cheesy" a new meanig in D&B.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A History of Heavy Metal Statto 144 129,263 26th January 2024, 06:13
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  MIX The Dicemen, Donna De Lory, Average White Band, Justice & Enjoy, Pete Rann & Tidal Muttley 16 6,690 17th May 2019, 05:54
Last Post: Muttley
  ON SALE NOW! Polska "2nd Rate" 2xCD / Vinyl + Sub "Tensions" Vinyl Code 198 84,577 31st July 2015, 13:44
Last Post: Code
  He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother Sir Loris of Crowthorne 1 3,803 18th December 2012, 00:20
Last Post: greenleaf504
  [HEAVY-HEART] Gonna be away from my vinyl collection for a year Code 30 7,212 13th January 2011, 00:29
Last Post: Code