Analord series - top acid or just a worthwhile investment?

18 Replies, 2976 Views

Have to say, having finally completed the Analord series and giving them all a proper listening, absolutely loving these tunes.

Just something about them that makes em stand out - completely retro obviously, but still enough of the old Aphex to make em sound pretty special now.

Thoughts?
well they are a good investment but it will be some years before they fetch much moiney cos they are everywhere at the mo, makes me think maybe they arn't as limited as was said Teef
deffo.
Think it's only that's limited Analord 10 that will be worth much
I guess you need to think about your decision to buy them. Are you a stamp collector or a music fan?
well that was kinda what I was asking.

Are they any good, or only good for collecting?
Blunt Wrote:deffo.
Think it's only that's limited Analord 10 that will be worth much

Prob my fav one of the lot.
I wouldnt bother. I like a couple of them, but not enough to buy, and the others sound like soulless garbage to me... major disappointment.
I think any fan of acid techno will agree that these are pretty quality...of course those not into the sound might think it's soulless garbage, I think it's some of the best acid techno I've heard in years...
elhornet pendulum Wrote:I guess you need to think about your decision to buy them. Are you a stamp collector or a music fan?

Lol

bloody true.
dionysus Wrote:
elhornet pendulum Wrote:I guess you need to think about your decision to buy them. Are you a stamp collector or a music fan?

Lol

bloody true.

hmm.. well one things for fucking sure.. id rather listen to this any day than 'hold your colour'
i love the lords of anal.
UFO_over_easy Wrote:I wouldnt bother. I like a couple of them, but not enough to buy, and the others sound like soulless garbage to me... major disappointment.

same here ...
Rollidge Wrote:hmm.. well one things for fucking sure.. id rather listen to this any day than 'hold your colour'

good for you champ, you're a winner definently
elhornet pendulum Wrote:
Rollidge Wrote:hmm.. well one things for fucking sure.. id rather listen to this any day than 'hold your colour'

or a chump rather.

and way to make a gutless statement under an alias with 4 posts.

pussy.
[Image: gamma.jpg]
on first listen, I didn't think much of them- sounded a bit lame, but the more you get used to the style, the more they grow on you.

Think 3 and 6 are the highlights for me, at the mo.

as was said, kinda depends on whether you like the whole 'acid' sound or not really.
best AFX release since SAW II
wizard Wrote:
elhornet pendulum Wrote:

or a chump rather.

and way to make a gutless statement under an alias with 4 posts.

pussy.

That guys been registered since October 2004.
Blunt Wrote:as was said, kinda depends on whether you like the whole 'acid' sound or not really.

I bet they would sound fuckin ace if you were on acid... Lol
elhornet pendulum Wrote:

Hahaha
...it's like a bloody LIBRARY out there!!! http://twitter.com/executivesteve

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE OUT NOW - THE OHM SERIES: ACID LAB - RAUSCHEN EP (Ohm030) Euphony 0 684 23rd October 2016, 08:03
Last Post: Euphony
  V.A. (Skru, Marvel Cinema...) - Sound Investment EP [Liquid Tones] Marvel Cinema 0 699 18th February 2013, 23:18
Last Post: Marvel Cinema
  Analord series 8bits 22 4,430 11th July 2008, 11:09
Last Post: cycom
  Unreleased Analord!! AFX - unknown (from a live set) dwarde 24 5,051 31st March 2008, 08:57
Last Post: dwarde
  The need for investment in Fusion Power Shiva 20 2,030 24th July 2006, 17:18
Last Post: Shiva