TUNE POSTING GUIDELINES

14 Replies, 23387 Views

Hello all,

I'd like to suggest one or two things. They aren't RULES, but there's a much better chance of at least one person (and probably more) listening to your stuff and maybe giving you feedback if you follow them. Personally I'd appreciate it very much.

- PLEASE, whenever at all possible, put a direct link to the music file in your post. Again, whenever possible, make it as easy and quick as possible for people to get your tune. It may only be a few mouse clicks, but just that alone makes people far less inclined to bother.

That's about it, but following on from that;

- Please avoid linking to pages to links to pages etc.

- Please avoid saying things like 'there's stuff on my site/myspace' then giving the site/myspace link. I know you want traffic through your site/myspace etc, but if anyone is anything like me, they fucking hate myspace and want as little as possible to do with it.

- Please avoid streaming if at all possible - streaming is far from ideal for a lot of people.

In short, make it as close as possible to being 'one click, and there's the tune' as you can. If you want people to listen to your stuff, don't make them have to do any work to get it. That's your responsibility. If it means upping it to a few different locations, so be it. The onus is on you to provide the music, not for people to have to go and get it.

Cheers,

Macc
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
[Image: macc.gif]
soo do you know any good services that host mp3's?..id rather not use myspace either

it would be really nice to have my own little web page Chin
Fushara
Get some webspace Teef
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
I hate most myspace music pages. I can never turn
of the setting that makes the music play automatically,
I HATE IT!!!! What if I am already listening to something?
Then why would I want to be interrupted by random "sound"
from myspace music pages and plugins. I have a myspace page
but I won't convert it to an "artist" page. I just post links to
music from a dedicated hosting sight I PAY FOR/HAVING IT PAID FOR.
Then I post links in my blog, etc. Plus I want control over
my music, and hosting music on myspace, there are drawbacks,
because they could "misapproriate" your music or audio at any given
time. Peace.
Divine Ruler
macc Wrote:hello all, (...)

cheers,

Macc

so, basically all you are trying to say is: direct links to mp3s please, right?

good idea Xyxthumbs

there's loads of free webspace providers.

http://www.free-webspace.org/search-adv.php - just search for some adfree stuff and get yourself some ftp software (though almost every browser does the job nowadays)
Divine Ruler Wrote:I hate most myspace music pages. I can never turn
I HATE IT!!!!

yeah. you have to put the mouse over the stop button and keep pressing it until it gives up trying to play

Grumble
What cycom said.
Statto Wrote:
I HATE IT!!!!

yeah. you have to put the mouse over the stop button and keep pressing it until it gives up trying to play

Grumble

Hahaha

i used to do that too, bit of a fighter the myspace player, wont just stop after one click, needs a fair few to subdue it.

theres a setting to disable automatic music startup, in account settings somewhere.
Statto Wrote:
I HATE IT!!!!

Grumble

not to mention the poor quality your tracks have to end up being to be an uploadeable size

and the mass of trance and techno DJs adding u and never saying hello or getting what your musics about

im personally gonna start going throo my friends list and telling theam all to go fuck themselves
fada Lol Lol Lol
oh i loves waking up to a mass of emo and brit pop (more like shitpop) album adverts in my inbox

some of the birds are crackin tho so its swings and roundabouts Lol
this looks great for music hosting:

http://www.gotdarker.com

I'm gonna stick a few bits up there so fussy folks like Macc can listen!
haha shit ! i really put my foot in it! Teef

sorry for that macc Hugs didn't read this before posted my thread ! also my first track posting ever .

i personally take this myspace shit not to serious ... and sometimes it's really fun (to me) Lol

i will put a proper link there Wink

peace

macc Wrote:hello all,

[size=18]- please, whenever at all possible, put a direct link

cheers,

Macc
http://fileden.com is good for direct links.. its free aswell Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm having trouble posting tunes on here. help noisemonkey 3 4,333 10th June 2003, 20:41
Last Post: subvert