photek

159 Replies, 7109 Views

so photek is gonna be playin in indy tomorrow and i was wondering if anybody has seen or heard one of his sets as of recent not sure if i should go because i have a feeling he is not gonna be the photek i like.....does anybody know?? :
stay well away.. thug n bass is horrible!!!
see i was afraid of that i bet my girlfriends gonna go now though....
he played over here twice, first time was ridiculous wobble, but the second time he played ok, about 5 really good tunes, his unreleased tune thats like a calibre tune, babylon rmx and thats all i remember been good...
unless yr on loads of blow, stay the hell away!
cordani Wrote:unless yr on loads of blow, stay the hell away!
lol damn !!! Icon_eek
absolute shite.
i saw him and gridlock in the same night, and i liked his set better then gridlocks, but it was by no means what i wanted to hear from photek
take some tomatos and let him know that people on SC aren't happy Teef
I say go and listen objectively, forget the past, see if he is enjoying himself and see if he is intertaining the crowd. maybe he will surprize you. Personally I saw him in new york just when he about to start this whole thug'n'bass thing and i was looking for the old photek. I was very closed minded and waited for that sound all night, ruined my night, but on the other hand I had new respect for the man for doing what ever he felt like doing and for whatever his reasons where. I saw the old photek sound clearer than ever, so he did do me the favor of helping me understand what an artist is, which is basically a person who expreses themselves. I just don't like what he expresses now. I like that the old tunes are unrepeatable, im into innovation and theres plenty of it out there.
egres Wrote:I say go and listen objectively, forget the past, see if he is enjoying himself and see if he is intertaining the crowd. maybe he will surprize you. Personally I saw him in new york just when he about to start this whole thug'n'bass thing and i was looking for the old photek. I was very closed minded and waited for that sound all night, ruined my night, but on the other hand I had new respect for the man for doing what ever he felt like doing and for whatever his reasons where. I saw the old photek sound clearer than ever, so he did do me the favor of helping me understand what an artist is, which is basically a person who expreses themselves. I just don't like what he expresses now. I like that the old tunes are unrepeatable, im into innovation and theres plenty of it out there.

Thanks for being the voice of reason on here.

I get slagged off & abused by the young uns on here whenever I try to play devils advocate.

Icon_cry
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
egres Wrote:I say go and listen objectively, forget the past, see if he is enjoying himself and see if he is intertaining the crowd. maybe he will surprize you. Personally I saw him in new york just when he about to start this whole thug'n'bass thing and i was looking for the old photek. I was very closed minded and waited for that sound all night, ruined my night, but on the other hand I had new respect for the man for doing what ever he felt like doing and for whatever his reasons where. I saw the old photek sound clearer than ever, so he did do me the favor of helping me understand what an artist is, which is basically a person who expreses themselves. I just don't like what he expresses now. I like that the old tunes are unrepeatable, im into innovation and theres plenty of it out there.

OK.

What he plays now is still complete shit tho. Grin
Keep JUMPin ya Bastids
Naphta Wrote:

OK.

What he plays now is still complete shit tho. Grin

I agree Grin

Although I see where your comin from Sergio!
But its bloody crap...

And theres nothing wrong with being the voice of truth!
People will criticize no matter what, and this case, rightfully so! Smile
you have a good point egres but just hearing this thug and bass thing kinda makes me not want to even give it a chance especialy when it costs 15 dollars seams like i russled up a decent convo outa a few peeps though well maybe i will sit at home and just play a bunch of his old decent tunes sounds like a decent idea and cheaper!!!! Teef
clinton Wrote:take some tomatos and let him know that people on SC aren't happy Teef
lol
causes pain Icon_sad , but is true, what the fuck happened, modus operandi... i mean fuckin hell MODUS OPERANDI... and now hes making this shite

shame on you phopecker
egres Wrote:I was very closed minded and waited for that sound all night, ruined my night, but on the other hand I had new respect for the man for doing what ever he felt like doing and for whatever his reasons where.

but you can probably manage that without actually going to see him Wink
any californian subverts....July 27th? i believe...Photek is playing in L.A., and he is playing a COMPLETELY OLD SKOOL SET Icon_eek

i cant...even...fucking...imagine.... Icon_eek
word is bon jovi. [] unst soundcloudzen [] zein fazbooken [] unst beefy! beefy! []
nexus8 Wrote:any californian subverts....July 27th? i believe...Photek is playing in L.A., and he is playing a COMPLETELY OLD SKOOL SET Icon_eek

old skool thug n bass lol
djfada Wrote:causes pain Icon_sad , but is true, what the fuck happened, modus operandi... i mean fuckin hell MODUS OPERANDI... and now hes making this shite
Yeah.. if his thug 'n bass shit is all about expressing himself, how did he become so shallow over the years? It's like Genesis all over again. I wonder if it's really him being an artist or a money grubbing whore.

Bach and Beethoven used to make increasingly interesting music throughout their lifetime... Smile
Theeboon Wrote:Bach and Beethoven used to make increasingly interesting music throughout their lifetime... Smile

they had sponsors Wink
Theeboon Wrote:Yeah.. if his thug 'n bass shit is all about expressing himself, how did he become so shallow over the years? It's like Genesis all over again. I wonder if it's really him being an artist or a money grubbing whore.

phil collins is a big poo poo head

i wouldnt really say that photek has sold out tho, just hasnt got it anymore imo
djfada Wrote:i wouldnt really say that photek has sold out tho, just hasnt got it anymore imo
Prolly stopped smoking weed like J Majik.
nexus8 Wrote:any californian subverts....July 27th? i believe...Photek is playing in L.A., and he is playing a COMPLETELY OLD SKOOL SET Icon_eek

Just like the one on Radio 1 where he played all new tracks Hahaha
WiLSHY Wrote:

Just like the one on Radio 1 where he played all new tracks Hahaha

Rofl