Broadband problems

16 Replies, 4450 Views

Hello all i wondered if anyone else has had similar problems. My broadband is with BT and is suppose to be 8 meg. The last two months ive noticed my download and upload speeds are shite until 12am when they rip. If i use rapidhsare before 12am(even at 11pm) i get 40ks if i use it after 12am i get 880ks.

I phoned BT and after being on hold for half hour i got a very un helpfull twat who said 8 meg is the most i could expect but my line is running at 2meg i done a speed test and it came up at 1meg. He explination is that the net is busy.......I asked him why im paying for an 8 meg connection and getting 1meg is that exceptable and....he put the phone down!

If anyone has any advice please let me know. Sorry for the winge.
For News/Audio/Bookings/Videos www.djtrax.wordpress.com
this is normal. They promise UP TO 8 meg. this means you can have 8 meg if youre the only bugger on the network.

Basically its a scam.

BT are twats of the highest order.
there are so many variables as to why you wont get 8 meg, how far you are from the exchange, how many users you are sharing bandwidth with etc etc.

my advice is to change ISP to someone who can guarentee you a stable speed, other wise your constantly trying to "learn" the speed and since its always changing it will run like a dog.

Better to get a guarenteed fixed speed than an "Up to" pile of poo

hope this helps.

Sky Broadband is very good, as is my Virgin (believe it or not)
also, when you complain, please take down the name of the tech and ask him if he is updating your case and where possible get a case reference number and if some cunt hangs up on you one is able to take the case up higher and get on the "dont fuck with me " list Kisskiss
some good advice here
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Between 6-11pm is a lot of ISPs "fair use policy" time where the bandwidth is reduced so more casual users get better speeds. The off-peak times - i.e the rest - are the times you'll get good speeds.

I've got used to it with Tiscali now. Never 8mb but faster outside those hours.

Write complaint letters though detailing every call you've made, time, duration, who you spoke to etc. I've got free months rentals, refunds and all sorts with a proper written letter.
Macc Wrote:some good advice here

Rofl
WiLSHY Wrote:Between 6-11pm is a lot of ISPs "fair use policy" time where the bandwidth is reduced so more casual users get better speeds. The off-peak times - i.e the rest - are the times you'll get good speeds.

I've got used to it with Tiscali now. Never 8mb but faster outside those hours.

Write complaint letters though detailing every call you've made, time, duration, who you spoke to etc. I've got free months rentals, refunds and all sorts with a proper written letter.

Tiscali fucking blow.

good customer service bad ISP's

they were taken over by fucking some bastards i knew who really dont care.

GET A GUARENTEED CONNECTION!

its the only way.
Thanks for all the advice. I written a complaint to bt unfortunatly i didnt get the guys name. I feel im still under contact so im not sure i can change at the moment.But i defo look into it.
For News/Audio/Bookings/Videos www.djtrax.wordpress.com
Ashes Wrote:Tiscali fucking blow.

Hahaha

You are joking? Customer service is fucking awful. Get through to India with them reading through a script not listening to a word you're saying.
is this cable? dsl ?

well i am all wireless now. 3g from vodafone at RAWKING 7.2 megs, most of the time and rarely disconnected.

but i live in Austria.

i used to have broadband via a cable company and that was exactly the same problem. they bait you with (up to) 8 Megs that are never realistic. and i am pretty sure thats also what the contract you signed says.
Music critic for the Tally Ho
Ashes Wrote:also, when you complain, please take down the name of the tech and ask him if he is updating your case and where possible get a case reference number and if some cunt hangs up on you one is able to take the case up higher and get on the "dont fuck with me " list Kisskiss

my gf is a customer care manager and she has drilled this point into me many a time!!!!

always,always do this.
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
WiLSHY Wrote:
Ashes Wrote:Tiscali fucking blow.

Hahaha

You are joking? Customer service is fucking awful. Get through to India with them reading through a script not listening to a word you're saying.

i havent used Tiscali for some years so i guess things have changed since then.....they were pretty good to me as it goes "back in the day", shame the connection was shite. Bastard call centres.

i get it everyday at work, doesnt matter if its India, Scotland, Ireland or Holland to me, they are all shite.
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:
Ashes Wrote:also, when you complain, please take down the name of the tech and ask him if he is updating your case and where possible get a case reference number and if some cunt hangs up on you one is able to take the case up higher and get on the "dont fuck with me " list Kisskiss

my gf is a customer care manager and she has drilled this point into me many a time!!!!

always,always do this.

yup, ive learnt this from spending ridiculous hours on the phone talking to idiots.
just keep asking to speak to someone higher up the chain everytime the person your talking to runs out of stuff to say!
Ashes Wrote:
WiLSHY Wrote:You are joking? Customer service is fucking awful. Get through to India with them reading through a script not listening to a word you're saying.

i havent used Tiscali for some years so i guess things have changed since then.....they were pretty good to me as it goes "back in the day", shame the connection was shite. Bastard call centres.

well Tiscali just got voted 2nd best for customer care in Britain for broadband users...

BT came 1st.

Icon_eek
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
ashes Wrote:i havent used tiscali for some years so i guess things have changed since then.....they were pretty good to me as it goes "back in the day", shame the connection was shite. bastard call centres.

the service is good, just not customer support

but then all customer support is shite everywhere [Image: icon153.gif]
statto Wrote:
ashes Wrote:i havent used tiscali for some years so i guess things have changed since then.....they were pretty good to me as it goes "back in the day", shame the connection was shite. bastard call centres.

the service is good, just not customer support

but then all customer support is shite everywhere [Image: icon153.gif]

not where i work it isnt.
Kisskiss

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone use Sky broadband? denaris 9 3,332 14th March 2013, 13:17
Last Post: NoodeL
  Broadband tech support Breaker 2 980 28th November 2009, 14:50
Last Post: Breaker
  Orange Broadband? DJFracture 1 1,531 5th October 2009, 16:56
Last Post: Sir Loris of Crowthorne