The Uk is fucking shite.

57 Replies, 4316 Views

I'm really struggling to find positive thoughts and soulful bondings about the UK, if it werent for my daughter i would leave immediatly.

please post here nice things about the UK that will get my sense of belonging back.

this doesnt include snax, pubs, dnb, the queen or any other mindless drivel.
Cos I'm here!

But seriously, why do you think I live on an island? To get away from a lot of the crap on the mainland
Kontra Wrote:Cos I'm here!

But seriously, why do you think I live on an island? To get away from a lot of the crap on the mainland

i'm sick to death of this place. The expense of being "British", the Lies, the bullshit, the mindless drudgery. This place does nothing but rot lives, souls, freedom, talent and opportunity.

Its the worst peice of cancer ever.

fuck the UK.
Kontra Wrote:Cos I'm here!

pmsl, i havent seen you in eons Bro! Kisskiss
I liked the people, who i generally found to be very open and charming, but ultimately left because of the crap wages and I missed my mummy.

btw... Hugs
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
stacks Wrote:i liked the people, who i generally found to be very open and charming, but ultimately left because of the crap wages and i missed my mummy.

btw... Hugs

roots and family and the big things in life. yes, i guess the brits can be quite charming if one ignores the jeremy kyle show.

and ty for the hugs.i need them today.

Wave @ stacks
Well the one thing I noticed was that it took less time to get to know someone in the UK then it does in Ireland (my only other real comparison). I mean really get to know someone rather than just having a good time in the pub sort of 'know' (which us Paddys are good at). Having said that, I also met some very dull people during my time in the UK.
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
If feel the same sometimes.

Just by working and paying taxes in the UK we are supporting the "bombing of poor brown people" across the globe to maintain the wealth of the rich western minority. Icon_cry

Some people may openly support that position and that is fair enough. I suggest you join the Labory party!
Grass is greener, etc etc, blah blah blah.
The Lake District, The Peak District, The Yorkshire Moors, The Highlands of Scotland, Cornwall, Devon for beautiful places as a start.

[Image: beach%20cornwall.jpg]

[Image: photo85.jpg]

[Image: inns-list.jpg]

[Image: wensleydale1.jpg]

The fine arts, music, theatre productions and museum exhibitions. Unparalled by few other countries.

The friendly and welcoming smile of the local crack addict. Teef
Most people are cunts. especially if you don't know them.

The flipside - Once people do know you, they tend to back you up no matter what.
Stacks Wrote:I liked the people, who i generally found to be very open and charming, but ultimately left because of the crap wages and I missed my mummy.

btw... Hugs

wages are good here!
Concept81 Wrote:The Lake District, The Peak District, The Yorkshire Moors, The Highlands of Scotland, Cornwall, Devon for beautiful places as a start.

[Image: beach%20cornwall.jpg]

[Image: photo85.jpg]

[Image: inns-list.jpg]

[Image: wensleydale1.jpg]

The fine arts, music, theatre productions and museum exhibitions. Unparalled by few other countries.

The friendly and welcoming smile of the local crack addict. Teef

just got back from cornwall and it still hasent raised my spirits
Metal Malcolm Wrote:The flipside - Once people do know you, they tend to back you up no matter what.

this i'm nay sure about.
UK has a great happy hardcore scene Smile
devnull Wrote:UK has a great happy hardcore scene Smile

Scotland does at any rate.
dunno about the UK. I don't think in terms of the UK.
but England... England is home.
sure there's loads of shit and tosspots, but it's still home.
Statto Wrote:dunno about the UK. I don't think in terms of the UK.
but England... England is home.
sure there's loads of shit and tosspots, but it's still home.

yes, theres another debate right there.

England is shit.
being only half english and only going to the uk every other year, i tend to miss loads of little shitty things things that you probably hate, but here goes (snax included) :

the theme from "the bill"
the rank, warm, black dust-filled air at tube stations
poached eggs
lilt
boating on the canal
cricket
epping forest
walthamstow central (urgh, but Lovesmilie )
onion bhaji's (no indian restaurant here does them. if i mention it, i get blank stares and a plate of raw sliced onion, for which they charge me the equivalent of £2)
crumpets
salted butter
pirate radio
the surprising weight of a pound coin
red nosed cars
benson & hedges
people saying "oh bother" when they hit a red light
ridiculous looking cops
clubs with bassbins
numerous identical ugly fat birds in miniskirts queueing in february
the midland moors and their rollercoaster mini-roads
everyone calling you a "mate"
random strangers asking to use your phone

i love england.
snax
pubs
dnb
the queen
any other mindless drivel
Just dont watch TV, dont listen to the news, dont read papers.
I find that living in ignorant bliss has made me much happier in my day to day life Smile
Most other places would be equally if not more shite if you actually spent any time living there rather than turning up for a week on holiday and going round the good bits.
Slothrop Wrote:Most other places would be equally if not more shite if you actually spent any time living there rather than turning up for a week on holiday and going round the good bits.

you reckon?
socialengineer Wrote:Just dont watch TV, dont listen to the news, dont read papers.
I find that living in ignorant bliss has made me much happier in my day to day life Smile

some good advice here, threw my TV out a few weeks back and its done me the world of good
Ashes Wrote:
Slothrop Wrote:Most other places would be equally if not more shite if you actually spent any time living there rather than turning up for a week on holiday and going round the good bits.

you reckon?

Yeah. I don't know where else you're thinking of but looking at the rest of Europe for instance, once you get past the olive oil and medieval quarters and sophisticated uptown nightclubs you get unemployment and grimey cities, monkey chanting at football matches and an upsurgent far right... all the same bollocks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shite music at party, do you leave? Düffah 46 13,272 23rd April 2017, 12:59
Last Post: Muttley
  So I have been listening to DNB again , not the new shite - (97-02) pressure. 146 26,299 21st March 2012, 06:29
Last Post: Ornette
  2000 posts! And mostly utter shite! Woot! Hovver 26 4,067 11th January 2010, 19:00
Last Post: Euphony
  cant decide if this is shite or genius [NSFW] davetrax 20 4,241 15th August 2008, 19:53
Last Post: Ornette
  6000 SHITE safetyboy 18 2,721 19th June 2007, 20:51
Last Post: Ashes