The final release on odysee records

16 Replies, 4332 Views

http://www.discogs.com/release/219739

What's it like?
Always wondered this and, as I've only to get Phaze 1 and this to complete the odysee collection, i just wondered whether it was worth it?
Im pretty much not counting that one.
I cant see it being to the same standard as the rest, 1-6 do me fine.

The Phaze 1 release was one of the weaker 12"s on that label too I reckon.
Well with Deep Rage on its roster, anything else will look shoddy. Dunno, just interests me I guess.
It's a similar thing with a previous incarnation of Darkestral - Punctured Light Recordings - http://www.discogs.com/label/Punctured+Light+Recordings

there's audio on chemical. Not too fond of the A side, but the B side sounds interesting
http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/ser...k=PUNCT001
How is it similar to Punctured Light?
They just released on 12", its not hard to track down either.
Brilliant tune.

For me, Phaze 01 is the highlight. Amazing.
I mean similar in collecting terms. I'm getting OCD in my old age.
I mean that Punctured Light release is hardly essential but it's going to annoy me like a spot on my arse if I don't buy it...
How did you manage to miss Who Wants Some the first time round.
I remember me and a few others making a bit of a fuss about that 12" on DNBA when it come out.

There was a lot of rumours of it being Photek or Teebee, or even both. Was neither in the end.

Surprised you havent got it already tbh
2004 wasn't it? I was busy either spending all my money on Columbia's finest or skint due to the latter and having no job after uni...
Must have forgotten about it. One half of Elementz of Noise, isn't it. They're underappreciated. Made some excellent tech in their day, but I dunno if you've heard Guided By Lights - is chilled and excellent. Audio on chemical I believe...
nayf Wrote:2004 wasn't it? I was busy either spending all my money on Columbia's finest...

Shakira CD's to wank over the inserts?

Yeah it was the EON geezer in the end, those rumours had some Photek moist geeks excited.
I was quite the Photek fanboy then but I loved the tune anyway
Ironically, a Shakira CD has been used for that purpose, irony wasn't lost at the time...

Slowly getting there with the Photek collection, the Basement tunes are next. Mind you, I'm starting to like melodic techno and downbeat electronica (?). Also, stark facts are that I've around 900-odd releases (with more on the way) that I don't DJ, rarely play and I don't have room for. Meh
Law Wrote:I cant see it being to the same standard as the rest

it isn't, but it's still quite good as I recall
I'd buy it if I could find a copy at a normal price
nayf Wrote:Slowly getting there with the Photek collection, the Basement tunes are next. Mind you, I'm starting to like melodic techno and downbeat electronica (?). Also, stark facts are that I've around 900-odd releases (with more on the way) that I don't DJ, rarely play and I don't have room for. Meh

Maybe you should trim the fat in your collection.
I have probably sold about 120 releases since I started collecting.
Dont really miss any of them.
I don't have that much fat though. Well I do, the collection doesn't.
They're also a bit hard to shift
Because they are fat? lol
errr.....who wants some on punctured light IS buy on sight!

it is ESSENTIAL!

peace
Law Wrote:The Phaze 1 release was one of the weaker 12"s on that label too I reckon.

Law Wrote:For me, Phaze 01 is the highlight. Amazing.

Icon_question :P

It is a great track, no doubt about it. Although 'Feel My Dreams' is by far and away my favourite on Odysee.
Future london!!!
then deep rage then feel my dreams. Smile
Concept81 Wrote:
Law Wrote:The Phaze 1 release was one of the weaker 12"s on that label too I reckon.

Law Wrote:For me, Phaze 01 is the highlight. Amazing.

Icon_question :P

It is a great track, no doubt about it. Although 'Feel My Dreams' is by far and away my favourite on Odysee.

Im a spastic, I meant ODYSEE01 was the highlight

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEWS Odysee Records Relaunch firefinga 6 4,614 12th September 2017, 22:23
Last Post: firefinga
  RELEASE Fushara on Criterion records vinyl release firefinga 2 2,902 25th June 2017, 20:37
Last Post: DJ ML
  RELEASE CRITERION RECORDS 012 NEW RELEASE CHAMPA B & RETURN II Alexander Kozakopoulos 2 2,798 17th June 2016, 17:00
Last Post: firefinga
  12" Release // PHR002 || Ricky Force // Pressin' Hard Records RickyForce 27 8,413 24th July 2013, 16:03
Last Post: Ian Patterson
  12" Release // PHR001 || Ricky Force & Mecca // Pressin' Hard Records RickyForce 91 18,362 7th April 2013, 11:03
Last Post: stemface