Create an account

[-]
Tags
cue long mixer lasting pots and channel 2 split w advice

Thread Contributor: josh-hillMixer advice - 2 channel w/ split cue and long lasting pots

I need to replace my cheap 2-channel denon mixer. The sound quality of the thing was actually pretty good when I got it, but the pots of the EQs, gains, headphones, etc worn out pretty quick (problems within a year of normal use).

Over time, these problems have gone worse and I'm still looking for a good replacement mixer. It needs to have:

- (at least) 2 channels
- long-lasting pots
- split-cue (as I'm mixing without monitors)
- (very) good sound quality

Note that I mix with Serato, so I don't need more than 2 channels. I don't have space for a wide mixer anyway.

It's said that Ecler mixers have an excellent sound quality, so a NUO 2.0 or 3.0 would've been an option. But Ecler mixers don't have split-cue and I really need that as I don't have monitors. It's probably less of a problem when using Serato, but still... it's almost impossible to hear the hints in silent intros on just headphones without split-cue. I don't know if Ecler uses long-lasting pots or not.

Rane mixers seem to be very good as well, but some guy once told me that he didn't like the quality of the pots as compared to e.g. some fancy fader-less mixer. Also, they're a bit pricey.

I'm wondering if anyone knows a mixer that might meet my requirements.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bukem and Conrad Split Up MetaLX 19 4,421 4th December 2012, 14:42
Last Post: RickyForce
  Classic Soundcraft Series 200 24 Channel Mixer Console Reximus 0 464 20th July 2012, 22:49
Last Post: Reximus
  forsale cd decks & mixer dsp 1 446 3rd December 2010, 22:16
Last Post: dsp
  Pioneer SVM-1000 AV Mixer Profane 0 436 28th November 2010, 21:35
Last Post: Profane
  Battles/Tyondai Braxton Split snowy 3 326 6th August 2010, 19:49
Last Post: Metal Malcolm

Forum software by © MyBB Theme © iAndrew 2016