Label operations... What's Next?

67 Replies, 20420 Views

Okay we've got some kinda provisional release schedule in place... so what's next?

Here's the list of duties again (so you remember what ya signed up for!) :

1. label manager — blue / code
2. promotions manager — exxon / b
3. press officer — phokus / esb / statto
4. artists — all subvert artists
5. someone in charge of manufacturing — 0=0 / jayraser
6. someone to do the artwork — stacks
7. some peeps to network
8. internet — scope / littlenemo / structure
9. financers — streetbeats / code / 0=0 / subvert massive

Promotions Managers
Once we get the promo CD together then the Promotions people can get to work posting copies to the relevant people. We have to compile that list of people yet. So, who are they?
Blue was saying to keep it "in the underground" but I'm not sure who that includes / discludes.
Ideas on that?

Press Officers
I see ESB put up Statto's summation of the Subvert Central movement on his Rhymthic Unrest site... good good!

Press people, I think it's time to see about getting together something suitable for the main D&B websites and magazines...

Manufacturing
0=0? WHERE ARE YOU?! Are ya still interested in looking after the manufacturing side of things? Jay Raser? I think Jay is Street Beats gang? How are things fixed for the mastering and pressing? Do we know where we're getting these things done yet?

Artwork
Done, and well done Stacks!
One thing... how bout a small site specifically for the SC label?
Stacks or anyone else?

Internet
Well, I think we're all hyping it on the various message boards, so keep that going!

Is there anything else anyone can think of that needs to be done??

SPEAK!
People that it needs to be sent to ....

metalheadz camp - all major labels infact
Knowledge mag - all magazines
all distribution companies
individual djs that are influential including andy c!!! Twisted
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?
hmmm they only way ur gonna get the sound heard is to give it to the overground heads....aka...Andy C!
A website would be useful - for one I would link to it on my DOA sig and start hyping the tracks over there in top tens and the like (audio snipppets on that site would be great). Get the buzz going.

Other than that not sure what else I can contribute apart from cash (and keep working on tunes to submit Twisted ) - I realise I've caught on to the label thing as a n00b and much water has flowed before me, but I'd like to do whatever I can to help da cause.
code Wrote:3. press officer — phokus / esb / statto

press officers
i see esb put up statto's summation of the subvert central movement on his rhymthic unrest site... good good!

press people, i think it's time to see about getting together something suitable for the main d&b websites and magazines...

ok so Xyxthumbs

what are we aiming to do?

send press releases just to dnb main websites & magazines?
should we be sending out to alternative genre media?
to general dance music media?
just in the uk or worldwide?
are we considering paying for advertisements?
what are we promoting - the music, the label philosophy, both?
different promotional angles for different areas of interest?
don't press releases often go out with promos? i.e. shouldn't press and promotions operations be co-ordinated?

Lisa Wave Wave Rainbow
And how about some subversive missions? Teef

Liek holding up a huge SC banner at major events, football matches for instance.

I'm up for missions, I like 'em. Come on subverts, let's cause some trouble.
Yeah big time statto u cant just post a cd with no explanation! Smile
statto Wrote:
code Wrote:3. press officer — phokus / esb / statto

press officers
i see esb put up statto's summation of the subvert central movement on his rhymthic unrest site... good good!

press people, i think it's time to see about getting together something suitable for the main d&b websites and magazines...

ok so Xyxthumbs

what are we aiming to do?

send press releases just to dnb main websites & magazines?
should we be sending out to alternative genre media?
to general dance music media?
just in the uk or worldwide?
are we considering paying for advertisements?
what are we promoting - the music, the label philosophy, both?
different promotional angles for different areas of interest?
don't press releases often go out with promos? i.e. shouldn't press and promotions operations be co-ordinated?

Lisa Wave Wave Rainbow

we need someone wordy for the press releases then. statto. Winkwink
Düffah Wrote:And how about some subversive missions? Teef

Liek holding up a huge SC banner at major events, football matches for instance.

Half-naked chix wearing SC tops?
might be a good idea to get the first few releases sorted
so we at least know what titles we are promoting. for
some reason TBC or TBA has never impressed me when
labels have sent me stuff to consider for urbnet/rewind.
fanu Wrote:Half-naked chix wearing SC tops?

Abso-fuckin-lutely! That's the sort of thing, basically publicity stunts. Fun stuff. Naughty stuff. Clever stuff. Naughty, clever stuff that's fun.

:rubshands:

Twisted
fanu Wrote:half-naked chix wearing sc tops?

so they've got tops on — and they're half-naked?
yes, i think that might generate some publicity

Fanu Nono Hahaha
statto Wrote:
fanu Wrote:half-naked chix wearing sc tops?

so they've got tops on — and they're half-naked?
yes, i think that might generate some publicity

Fanu Nono Hahaha

Hahaha
Rofl I thought that Statto!
even small things, like a whole bunch of us arrange to go to the same night, and we all wear our sc t-shirts. anything to create a bit of a buzz. i mean, we all saw the thread on doa about, "what's this sc logo all about". let's pique some interest boys, and there's nothing to stop us having a right lark while we're at it!

Xyxthumbs
Code Wrote:One thing... how bout a small site specifically for the SC label?
Stacks or anyone else?

yup. been thinking about this recently. Only thing is it'll need to be hosted - if we are including a lot of audio (as I think we should - perhaps even showcasing tracks that aren't necessarily signed to SC but are by subvert artists) it'll cost approx £200 a year for that kindof space/bandwidth (beckett? anyone else... any ideas for cheap hosting?). We will also need to buy a domain such as http://www.subvertcentralrecordings.com or such.

Stacks
Düffah Wrote:And how about some subversive missions? Teef

Subvert Missions!!! definitely - we should all get tatoos!!!

Icon123

And get a plane to smoke it up everywhere with the banner, and get some nukes and say they are sponsored by Subvert Central and blow the place up!!!

Twisted

ok, maybe not that extreme - a lot of folks have been saying about the sticker thing - definitely worth it - I've done it before, whenever you go out, just leave it at the tables or stick it on the bogs and buses. The thing is, we need money for that!

32(.
Logos Wrote:A website would be useful - for one I would link to it on my DOA sig and start hyping the tracks over there in top tens and the like (audio snipppets on that site would be great). Get the buzz going.

Other than that not sure what else I can contribute apart from cash (and keep working on tunes to submit Twisted ) - I realise I've caught on to the label thing as a n00b and much water has flowed before me, but I'd like to do whatever I can to help da cause.

Nice one Logos, everything helps!

And it doesn't matter when you come aboard... if you wanna be a part of it you can! The more people helping the better. The more contributions with press, promotion, money or whatever the more releases we can put out there, the more subversive D&B will become.

Excellent.

Smilie11sim
As for all the questions / suggestions... I'll go through them all this evening a post a definite plan after that. Don't have the time right now.

Keep this bumped - the more ideas - crazy or otherwise (Duffah, I'm looking at you... Hahaha ) the better...

Later...
*Burp*
I'm up for that duffah, it would be well funny to get the logo on tv or papers (without breaking any law!!). All get loads of T-shirts printed etc.. do a stunt and maybe a bit of avid marion action with some banners Lol

Downwiththat
Maybe an inviting and explanatory DOA thread would be cool, too!
fanu Wrote:Maybe an inviting and explanatory DOA thread would be cool, too!

I'm not sure we're ready for that yet, first rule of fight club etc.

I think it's best if it's co-ordinated. I for one know that the few people I have told about it for instance, have immediately said 'what's coming out first then?', well it's pretty stupid to then have to go, well it's a bit up in the air at the moment...we don't want to sound wishy washy at all.

So once it's absolutely deffo what's going out, we'll have a co-ordinated assault on press and websites and shops and missions all occuring at the same time, and all presenting a united and concrete front, all singing from the same hymn sheet, all with the same correct information, strap-lines and logos.

Ker-blam!

Yeah?
That must be the first wholly sensible and totally correct post Doof has ever made.............

Icon034
And with 'assault' typed in a perfectly Alan way............