Bizzy B returns!

49 Replies, 16885 Views

Check out the soundclip on http://www.htfr.com in the new section. Sounds quite a bit like Digital but that's no bad thing.
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
noisemonkey Wrote:Check out the soundclip on http://www.htfr.com in the new section. Sounds quite a bit like Digital but that's no bad thing.

Tis with most of his new stuff, however if its the old Digital sound Homerdrool
It's all about 'darkside'

Stacsk
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
nice looney-vibe on that Left

he was tossing loads of cd's and even some 12"s after his gig and i gotta tell most of the stuff on cd was kinda weak especially on the production side.. good to hear is on track now Xyxthumbs

gotta add that 'bad boy sound' on that cd is fucking bad tune!
Check http://www.brainrecords.co.uk
Once Everything Drops To Point Zero, It All Starts Over Again
it's all about the new 16 Track Ting remix..

j

0=0
[Image: siggy.jpg]
magdusia Wrote:I just can't take it...omg omg...I just..I just can't...
it will take him a long time 2 get back into the swing of things.

But *fingers crossed* it all works out for him.
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:it will take him a long time 2 get back into the swing of things.

But *fingers crossed* it all works out for him.

well..he has 2 tracks coming out on Mampi Swift's label..

j

0=0
well can't say i'm looking forward to anything on mampi swift's label :P
No,if you listen closely & it's true about the mampi releases then it makes sense.

Bizzy B was an excellent producer at making those beats that would make the crowds jump!

Real party jungle,if you know what I mean? Mampi's label has always been about releasing party jungle/d&b so Bizzy would probably fit right in there.

Now all we need is pugwash & tdk to return & then the jumpup kings would be back in full effect!!!!

Wink

Chuck D
karbonkid Wrote:well can't say i'm looking forward to anything on mampi swift's label :P

apparently Blame has a release forthcoming there aswell..

j

0=0

p.s. TDK is cool..I met him at technicality..

p.p.s. I'm pretty sure Bizzy B with his work on brain is responsible for spearheading as many dnb production techniques as 4hero or pete parsons ever did...
blame on mampi's label?

i can't wait 2 hear that No

bizzy b in the same league as 4hero?

u on crack j?

Lol

Chuck D
I think he's right up there aswell AO!
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:Bizzy B in the same league as 4hero?

Dope #15 came out a few years before 4 hero's "Parallel Universe".

Bizzy B had a release on reinforced in like 91/92 anyways..

j

0=0
what's the relevance of Bizzy b on Reinforced?

No-one's doubting the guys credentials,but 2 put him up there with 4Hero? Your gonna have 2 better than telling me he had a release in 92 on da R.Heck so did Nicky Blackmarket Wink

& Dillinja for that matter..but anyway.

4hero went on 2 produce/engineer(meaning,in their case,write & co-produce) some truly seminal moments in MUSIC,not just jungle/d&b.

Check Tek9,Timeless,Pavel Kostiuk,Terry Calier,Ursula Rucker,Kaidi & Dego,Nu-Era & so on & so on.

Bizzy B deserves his props,don't get me wrong,but who in d&b comes anywhere the league of Marc Mac & Dego?

oh & furthermore,J what the feck were u doing listening to hardcore in 90-91 when u were 10yrs old? No wonder you've lost a screw

Icon_eek

Chuck D
alpha omega Wrote:what's the relevance of bizzy b on reinforced?

no-one's doubting the guys credentials,but 2 put him up there with 4hero? your gonna have 2 better than telling me he had a release in 92 on da r.heck so did nicky blackmarket Wink

it's worth pointing out that i've seen a few discographies which had that bizzy b release marked as 'scrapped due to poor production' Wink it's a decent tune, but it does sound horrible, and i don't think it's anything groundbreaking.

i agree with alpha omega - bizzy b has done some good tunes (although my favorites are honestly his joker-era jump-up cheese, not his brain-era edits stuff), but to me, he's far from being a 4 hero, or a goldie, or a skanna, or a photek, or an arcon 2, or etc etc etc. i think it (obviously) comes down to what makes me love drum and bass, especially with respect to drum programming: i'm really not a fan of drums which pitch up and down and reverse and speed up and slow down and go all over the place with abandon, i like drum tracks which are detailed and complex in a structured, flowing, and restrained way.

another way to describe it - i'm a hardstep (drum and bass? fuqn terminologies) guy, not a jungle guy, and people like 4 hero and goldie had been sowing the seeds of that music since the early days, so they're the ones i really look up to. this doc scott quote from an interview someone posted on here hints at the cultural distinction between the two:

dr. scott Wrote:too be honest, that whole period of time, 'the jungle explosion' was when me and goldie formed metalheadz and gatherd along our friends (dillinja, photek, peshay, wax dr, alex reece, source direct, lemon d etc... )

the main thing we didnt like about the first jungle sound was that for the first time people were mentionong peoples color of skin alomg with the music. we hated this, and thought it was complete bullshit, so we rebelled (musically) against this nonsense.

so why you cant find tapes of myself playing 'jungle' in that era was because i wasnt playing it !
16 track ting rmx?????

Wtf
http://www.htfr.com/mp3/MR117720.mp3

damn, i really like this! it reminds me of the warpdrive remix. but where does it go after the clip ends??
scart ridge Wrote:i like drum tracks which are detailed and complex in a structured, flowing, and restrained way.

see: Serious Intent (aka Simon Bassline Smith) - Jungle (Bizzy B Remix)

j

0=0
alpha omega Wrote:it will take him a long time 2 get back into the swing of things.

but *fingers crossed* it all works out for him.

he's been back working for a while now

check... http://www.deconstructedrecords.com/foru...pic_id=272

Xyxthumbs
Oh yeah,I remember all that stuff.
I wonder if he took on everyone's advice?

Chuck D
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:what's the relevance of Bizzy b on Reinforced?

maybe marc and dego knew a good thing when they saw it? =O)

Quote:No-one's doubting the guys credentials,but 2 put him up there with 4Hero? Your gonna have 2 better than telling me he had a release in 92 on da R.

fine..

well...as you've stated on this board before you think olskool breakbeat hardcore is a bullshit form of music or whatever Roll

so I'm not sure if you can judge...plus your history with the R makes for a bias..

but from my experience...growing up listening to all the R records and listening to all the Brain records...I would say they are equally profound...infact I side more with the brain for raw experimentation and just militant brutality..

Bizzy B took things to a whole new level...Whitehouse 16 is a prime example of that...those Revolutions remixes are like a testiment to the evolution of electronic dancemusic (and being the old techno fan you are I'm sure you can appreciate that)...and Extacy is a science flexes some crazy shit...not to mention the absolutely satanic Slowjam (the breakbeat from which is still sampled to this day).

you have those labels like Quayside and Brain..it's a for runner to the riot beat scene...you have DJ Bleed playing those records in 1993 threw distortion petals..you have alec empire sampling the drums off those records and distorting creating a whole new genre...leading into breakcore and a whole bunch of other shit...all started with Bizzy B fuckin' with a Amiga's and AKAI's or whatever...

and bizzy B is responsible for introducing a whole bunch of artists to the production side..you have Equinox, Tech itch, Zinc, Peshay etc etc...all coming from Brain Studio's all with their first releases on Brain Records...

Tech itch is engineering for Goldie now...Equinox is engineering for Crystl (who's exclusively signed to fuckin' Photek's label)

so you have some really strong foundational cultural contributions..

why else would Mike Paradinas (u-ziq) want to put out the Bizzy B album on Planet-Mu?

think about that..and just listen to the tracks...

Quote:4hero went on 2 produce/engineer(meaning,in their case,write & co-produce) some truly seminal moments in MUSIC,not just jungle/d&b.

no doubt...I remember being 12 years old hearing the When You Hold Me Close remix on CIUT radio and being like "WHAT IS THIS?!?!?"

but I also remember being 13 and going to raves and hearing about 5-6 Bizzy B records in a night...

Quote:but who in d&b comes anywhere the league of Marc Mac & Dego?

from a production contribution standpoint?

Pete Parsons
Bizzy B
T.Power
Photek
Skanna
etc

Quote:oh & furthermore,J what the feck were u doing listening to hardcore in 90-91 when u were 10yrs old? No wonder you've lost a screw

I was 11...and I was being inspired..=O)

what were you listening to when you were 11?

j

0=0
0=0 Wrote:what were you listening to when you were 11?

Slade Grin
I was listening 2 electro at 11.

Everything else was yet 2 b created Lol

Chuck D
oh & btw my statement about hardcore being bullshit was just 2 wind the old fogey's like Mr.Naphta up Wink

Chuck D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bizzy B Interview firefinga 1 2,125 8th September 2016, 18:01
Last Post: Euphony
  Any Bizzy B fans .... Altered Ego 7 2,779 20th October 2005, 23:11
Last Post: Sir Loris of Crowthorne
  BIZZY B @ Technicaliteeeee! Code 92 15,166 24th October 2004, 15:41
Last Post: vox
  new bizzy b on planet mu !!! orson 5 1,669 6th August 2004, 22:42
Last Post: vox