Morphy - I Dubbed the Sheriff EP
a. Ragga Spindle (audio clip)
b. The Gate (audio clip)
c. Toucan Dub (audio clip)
d. Twilight Dub (audio clip)

Cat. #: TRNSLDIGI013
Format: Digital
Release Date: OUT NOW!!!

The Dubmonger returns to the Translation Recordings catalogue with 'I Dubbed the Sheriff,' an immersive and cinematic EP of outlaw dub riddims that showcase his deep and creative spirit. Up first is the rub-a-dub sound of 'Ragga Spindle,' where reggae meets half-tempo drum&bass for the ultimate showdown. Meticulously delayed dub skanks and shimmering guitars with a Wild West twang float atop heavy kick drums and a deep, punchy bassline. 'The Gate' is the EP's voyage track-an expansive journey deep into the dub abyss that travels along to a steady percussive groove, across a sea of echoing pipe organ melodies, drones, and delays. The adventure continues with 'Toucan Dub,' whose introductory vocals add a vintage-era gloss to a head-bopping reggae affair where swing-time percussive grooves traipse over snappy kicks and rich, tape-saturated sonic textures. Morphy brings the EP to a close by demonstrating his slow groove on 'Twilight Dub,' an immersive listening experience whose ambient fx and nocturnal atmospherics conjure images of a solemn, pre-dawn stroll down empty streets, thus ending the journey.

Buy:
Beatport, Digital Tunes, iTunes, Juno Download, Soundium, Trackitdown, and other fine digital retailers.

Watch the Trailer Movie:
Click here

Coming Soon:
TRNSL008: Nuage & Eastcolors - Life in Lie / Nuage & THRN - Don't Exist (Anile Remix)

Mailing List:
Click here to join our mailing list and receive updates on our releases and other exclusives!

Links:
Translation Recordings Website
Facebook
Myspace
Soundcloud
Twitter
Twitter (MsDisdain)
YouTube

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NERVE030 - Saburuko vs Morphy - out now! paulreset 5 2,374 19th June 2010, 10:50
Last Post: NoodeL
  [m'cr] pulp presents... morphy cube 12 4,565 19th June 2009, 14:50
Last Post: Paradigm X
  Nerve 23 - Isotone/Morphy - out now on 12"/Mp3/WAV paulreset 9 2,154 12th March 2008, 13:58
Last Post: paulreset