Create an account

[-]
Tags
tune the peshay piano

Thread Contributor: DJ MLPeshay - the piano tune !!

Lovesmilie Lovesmilie

F@ckin hell, what a tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Havent listened to this in ages!!!!

Something I have been wanting to know.....
The intro synth, the string before the 1st breakdown, the main piano, the strings after the 1st breakdown and the 2nd breakdown pads, where do they all come from??
I wouldnt want to do Peshay and Flytronix a disservice but where are they sampled from or what is the source sound?

THIS IS DNB / JUNGLE!

Was actually listening to this a few times over the last few months aswell.

Such a great tune !

(not too sure where the sounds come from, but the strings sound like they were made on a synth of the time - not sampled ?! I'm no authority on things like that though!)

Sample CD I would suspect. Zero G had entered the market a couple of years before and were being rinsed for their worth. The strings around 1:15 were used by Bukem (as LT Bukem) in Logical Progression.

Does all sound very Korg M1-esque though.

Does sound very Korg M1-esque though.

Great tune, agreed ML Grin

I played this out on Friday night. Excellent tune!

Sorry that brings nothing but appreciation to the thread :P

Code Wrote:the strings sound like they were made on a synth of the time - not sampled ?!

they remind me of this:

Great tune
The amens sound very nice in this, quite cutting and a nice stuttering flow on them.

Up there with his best work.

Def Korg workstation of some description, for the pads etc. Piano sounds like a smaple, but no idea where from.

The drum breaks called 'Amen', from an old funk tune. Teef

Paradigm X Wrote:The drum breaks called 'Amen', from an old funk tune. Teef

That's some rare crate digging shiz right there. Anyone got a WAV of it? I've never heard it used since.

might as well have the tune itself here:

and another of my favourite Peshay tunes, just because:

when it switches up at 4:00 Twothumbs

DJ ML Wrote:Havent listened to this in ages!!!!

I wouldnt want to do Peshay and Flytronix a disservice but where are they sampled from or what is the source sound?
I think thats Dave Charlesworth on the engineer duties for that one.

I've never been totally taken by this track, I've always felt it starts off good and then rapidly loses ideas shortly after. Hence it is not in my collection. The b side though, deserves a lot more attention than it gets.

One thing I learnt about this track is the piano in the tune uses what are called grand chords. That is, a plain chord and then the first note again on the octave below.
Hopefully that helps! Smile

http://www.hardscore.com/articles/lazerdrome/

and another one:

great breakswork in this Twothumbs

On The Nile is wicked.
I was delighted to hear it at that oldskool headz night back in December. I think Flight dropped it.
Or it might have been Storm.

Anyway, splendid

Statto Wrote:and another one:

great breakswork in this Twothumbs

yeah, the drums in that one always amaze me Lovesmilie

Think it was Flytronix involved on that one ?

Wilshy Wrote:Sample CD I would suspect. Zero G had entered the market a couple of years before and were being rinsed for their worth. The strings around 1:15 were used by Bukem (as LT Bukem) in Logical Progression.

Does all sound very Korg M1-esque though.

man i think i herd another version of logickal progression i think it used the jonny ls 'hurt you so' break. any1 have an idea were that break comes from? Grin

Code Wrote:Think it was Flytronix involved on that one ?

I think you're probably right, he didn't hook up with Decoder until the end of the 90s.

BIG tune indeed! Used to love hearing this in the mix.

quoth Wrote:man i think i herd another version of logickal progression i think it used the jonny ls 'hurt you so' break. any1 have an idea were that break comes from? Grin

Yes there is another version of it. I think it's on Bukem's Producer CD, will double check when I get home.

Euphony Wrote:
quoth Wrote:man i think i herd another version of logickal progression i think it used the jonny ls 'hurt you so' break. any1 have an idea were that break comes from? Grin

Yes there is another version of it. I think it's on Bukem's Producer CD, will double check when I get home.

I always wanted to know what the Hurt You So break was. It was used to delightful effect in R-Type - Jo.
It sounds like the 'think' break processed with something else too.

Anyone?

Oh and I know exactly the version of Logical Progression you mean, it is on the Producer CD

This one.

Phokus Wrote:Hurt U So break - http://www.rolldabeats.com/forum/index.p...alls-clip/

nice 1 phokus Grin is malcolm mclaren the definite source for the 'ah' shout or did he sample it himself? gonna get myself the one voice cd for the break now Cool

Ornette Wrote:
DJ ML Wrote:Havent listened to this in ages!!!!

I think thats Dave Charlesworth on the engineer duties for that one.

One thing I learnt about this track is the piano in the tune uses what are called grand chords. That is, a plain chord and then the first note again on the octave below.
Hopefully that helps! Smile

ah ok, so is it definitely Dave Charlesworth? I always thought it was Flytronix (?)
Nice info on the piano, although we still dont know if it was sampled (or played by them).

Thanks for all the other replies.

19.5 by Peshay and Bukem is another favourite of mine,

The main string on that is sampled from The Jammers -what have you got to loose

Phokus Wrote:Hurt U So break - http://www.rolldabeats.com/forum/index.p...alls-clip/

Hooray!

Nice one man, been wanting to know that for years.

great thread Xyxthumbs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peshay unknowns and his shelved Mo Wax album Ornette 30 6,120 3rd January 2016, 12:51
Last Post: eXtreme
  DJ Peshay - Protegé E.P Shiva 14 2,326 11th February 2015, 00:20
Last Post: KKND
  ID PLEASE OF DNB TUNE THAT SAMPLES THE PIANO FROM FREEEZ's "MARIPOSA" DJ ML 3 537 15th July 2014, 20:39
Last Post: DJ ML
  3 tune IDs as played by DJ Peshay earlyish 1994 + full set! eXtreme 19 2,215 8th November 2013, 09:37
Last Post: girth_maul
  Minimal piano tunes? Ph1l2007 8 904 16th March 2012, 10:19
Last Post: Statto

Forum software by © MyBB Theme © iAndrew 2016