Eschaton Presents 'The Journey Must Continue'

10 Replies, 4446 Views

Hi all Wave

The Journey Must Continue DJ Mix

[Image: Interstellar_Drive.jpg]

http://www.mixcloud.com/eschatonmusic/es...-continue/

Full DNBshare download link to follow soon Grin

Here is a mix of some of my favourite tunes around lately, plus a few oldies and some exclusive dubs from Omni Music and other labels. Respects to everyone who has supported Omni Music in any way shape or form.

Tracklist:

Sky Residents Featuring Eschaton – My Transient Heart (PreluDJ LP – Forthcoming)
Oscillist – Thrown to the Wolves (Offworld Recordings)
Oscillist – Last Wish (Offworld Recordings)
Oscillist – Roots Long Forgotten (Offworld Recordings)
Eschaton – Dispossessed (Dub)
Naibu – Long Way Out (Habitat LP – Horizons Music)
Fanu – I can’t Sleep (Serendipity LP – Lightless)
Scenic and Advisory – Paradigm Shift (Paradigm Shift LP – Offworld Recordings)
Eschaton – Aquila (Eschaton and Parallel – AM PM 2 LP – Omni Music Dub)
LM1 – Sigma 957 (Sigma 957 EP – Offworld Recordings)
mono_sono – This Music (Omni Music Dub)
Sprinter – Suffocate (Offworld Recordings Dub)
Marval Cinema – Machine World (The Truth Hertz EP – Omni Music Dub)
Fushara – Generation (Dub)
Parallel – Sunrise (Eschaton and Parallel – AM PM 2 LP – Omni Music Dub)
Nic TVG - I'm Sorry I Puked on Your Dress (Parallel Remix) (Some Persons Change Remixes – Pinecone Moonshine)
Relapse – Wrest in Shit (Omni Music Dub)
Greenleaf – More Bad Than Good (Omni Music Dub)
Bypass – P Regulator (Nieznane 1 EP)
Greenleaf – Watch The Rhythm (Cold Soul EP – Lightless Digital)
Eschaton – Titan (Eschaton and Parallel – AM PM 2 LP – Omni Music Dub)
The Blunt Needles – Sneer Off (Dub)
Macc and dgoHn - 7C 1080 (Some Shit Saaink LP – Rephlex/Subtle Audio)
Fanu – From Afterlife She Speaks (Daylightless LP – Lightless)
Jiva – Kadamba (Changes In State LP – Omni Music forthcoming)
LM1 – Pantheon (Sigma 957 EP – Offworld Recordings)
Icewind – Sense of Indigo (Omni Music Dub)
LM1 – Choice (Sigma 957 EP – Offworld Recordings)
Stunna and Method One – Coda (Outsider Dub)
Scenic and Advisory – Rising (Paradigm Shift LP – Offworld Recordings)
Shadow Boxerz – Bleeps (Omni Music Dub)
Sequent Industry - Indigo Child (LM1 Remix) (Sigma 957 EP – Offworld Recordings)
Infest – On Your Back (Omni Music Dub)

Excuse the odd tone from Sneer off to From Afterlife She speaks...I left the delay channel up! D'oh!

and apologies to Fushara as I mixed out of your tune far too early...I don't know what I was thinking!!!! I'll play the full tune in the next mix Wink Kisskiss

Grin

Wave

http://www.omnimusic.org
http://dnbshare.com/download/Eschaton_-_...e.mp3.html

Grin
I'm going to listen to this next, while studying. Wanted a contemporary D&B mix; recognise a few names to keep familiarity happy; keen to check more Omni Music after Roo Stercogburn's release and Sprinter's "Clear Mind"; and have passed too many Eschaton mixes in the past, so looking forward. Kisskiss
Great first tune, along the lines of what Soul Delay of Subtle Audio tried to do with the album he worked on two years ago (last I knew unreleased). Those Oscillist tunes combine sweetly at the least of their merits - reminiscent of Cookin' Records with a spacier glaze squezzed on top. "Dispossessed" is rhythmically fun despite a steadfast drum pattern and full of vim synth ribbons - nice! The Naibu has a harder shell than Implex's modern classic "The Shape Of Time" on Fokuz, just wish I could hear more of it and him. "I Can't Sleep" was my favourite tune from the "Serendipity" LP and mixes well with the Naibu's fractured steppiness. It's good left to build up the intro, because when those break layers enter it's more progressively fitting for the set, and continues the peak/trough schematic of mixing you've got going in the early stages. Scenic & Advisory's track cues in a cool Paradox-inflected glitchiness to the mixtape's textures. "Aquila" has a Warp Records synth vibe screwed up with a tougher tonal sensibility. I hadn't heard any Lm1 before despite being involved with Deepersounds.com when it was active, and your selection puts a Global Communication-rich spin on ASC's 2008 sound. mono_sono's piece doesn't trip over the saw wave cheesy reese line and shows promising flair. Sprinter's bit manages to eschew the dullness of post-98 two-step and it's arguable the tasteful melodics are part of the potion. Spiffy production values on it too. Marvel Cinema - bass! But enough besides that; badass when fused. Fushara's Techno bleepery - definitely intrigued to sample more of that, as you say, next time. Parallel tunes - wanting an extra mile on these, like the "Into The Deep End" on SA contextually. Relapse's Tighten-Up & timbre-shifted Soul Pride works really well with that stomach bug bass layer, and juxtaposes as an extension from the last nicely. Drum-wise it's a refresher the beats are morphing here, like Greenleaf's Boymerang & Think bonanza. Curtailed my commenting brain after "Watch The Rhythm", ironically. :P

Overall, enjoyed it as a showcase, second as a DJ's mix, since while there's no trainwrecking, you know it's not long mixes or trickery based. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in beat-heavy Electronica with an ear for atmospheric intervention. Smile
Wow, thanks Mick! Grin

I'm really pleased you like it and recommend it Grin

Wave
Bump

Bumpio........
A lil jig up to the top of the page for those that might have missed this and want their beats deep, atmospheric and ethereal...

[Image: dj.gif]
Dance
epic mix, thnx!
wow , the tl looks so massive!
Nice one Chris!!! TL is lloking tasty Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE OUT NOW: FREEBIRD FT.FISHY - INTERRUPTED JOURNEY EP (OmniEP241) Euphony 0 990 25th July 2021, 07:41
Last Post: Euphony
  LTJ Bukem - Journey Inwards Theeboon 25 9,235 15th July 2017, 11:15
Last Post: Muttley
  OUT NOW: MEANONE - THE JOURNEY EP (OmniEP046) Euphony 0 1,914 25th January 2015, 10:11
Last Post: Euphony
  Black hoe recordings presents: Eschaton - They Come out at Night Euphony 2 2,021 6th November 2013, 15:05
Last Post: Statto
  The journey of all journeys uncle dugs 2 1,603 25th October 2013, 09:17
Last Post: Law