midi keyboard and vst issue in cubase!

3 Replies, 4352 Views

Hey everyone, ive been searching for about a week, but can not find a solution to my problem. Hoping you guys might help

Problem:
I'm making a tune in Cubase, using various vst's, and using my usb midi keyboard to trigger the vsts, nothing complicated, just a simple set-up.

All of a sudden, the vst's (massive, kontakt etc..) stopped detecting the key hits from my keyboard,, although they still detect the rotary controls i have assigned!! and cubase itself detects midi input, Its just the actual keys that wont play anything. the volume on the midi channel moves when i hits keys, but the vsts will not detect or play anything. Although when i play the tune, i can use pitch/mod and rotarys to control and various things on the vst's...
Very weird and annoying! i cannot figure out whats happend.

I have tried re-installing my midi keyboard drivers, to no effect..

Setup

Cubase 5
Alesis Photon X25 midi keyboard
win xp

Thanks, Jez.
Does it play when you draw directly in the midi part?
Hi Shiva! thanks for replying but ive sorted it now. Turned out to be a setting on my keyboard itself, somehow it had changed to some weird program setting and it just needed changing back to default... doh... Smile
j.ez Wrote:Hi Shiva! thanks for replying but ive sorted it now. Turned out to be a setting on my keyboard itself, somehow it had changed to some weird program setting and it just needed changing back to default... doh... Smile

[Image: icon_cool.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Annoying Cubase Issue...any ideas? Euphony 11 6,236 10th May 2012, 15:33
Last Post: Shiva
  Can anyone here open an old Cubase file of mine and export a midi file? Code 6 5,663 20th October 2011, 19:19
Last Post: Scape
  Hardware noise issue - Help Needed! Battle Kyat 2 2,846 6th April 2011, 13:57
Last Post: denaris
  Nepheton TR-808 VST Question brandz 2 2,134 14th March 2011, 22:32
Last Post: markgabba
  Delta 1010 Control Panel Issue Düffah 4 3,070 26th January 2011, 11:58
Last Post: Düffah