+1 if you got sent here from Dan Cordani's facebook posting :teef:

32 Replies, 13754 Views

beckett Wrote:there was me thinking i had a lot of posts, but then i saw statto's post count.

Jeebus.

Kingstatto
cycom Wrote:So, why does everyone spend so much time on Facebook? It's shit. Have been using it less and less in the last months.
Someone once described posting on DOA like shouting to a crowd on a by-passing train at full throttle.

Facebook is worse.

Whereas this here is cosy. It just needs more regular posters, I guess (not excluding myself here). So why is everyone obsessed with the superficiality that is most Facebook blurb, where most posts are basically about showing off?

Discuss.

So, I have been using facebook for my non-music-related business since 2011. Basically just to spam my stuff. That has been working somewhat ok, even well for some time. Nowadays, not so much any more.

For music related things I set up an extra account. However, I mostly get swamped with banalities there. So, since many artists/labels/producers nowaday don't even bother to have a website of their own they go straight to FB, they don't happen to have a "proper" E-Mail address either any longer. So I contact them, ask them stuff, as a fan etc. Only a minority even cares to answer stuff there. Nothing much "social" about social media if ya ask me.
Music critic for the Tally Ho
Ian Patterson Wrote:I thought i was all good, untill i went back and read some of the posts i'd made before i'd added my mom.

oops.

I should probably clean that up, lest a future employer digs deep enough to find that zombie felatio post...

^^ to be honest, in recent years as an employer / manager @ recent jobs, when hiring new staff, more times than not, I do immediately google the name to check past random work histories, which may or may not bring up personal non-work related stuff on a person right? i mean, any name can link to a twitter, or facebook account.

just a few months ago, i was in the process of hiring, and I googled the name & their twitter account came up of a person who DID have the work experience i was looking for. what i gathered from their public twitter feed is how much & how often they got drunk, how much they tweeted while drunk, how much they were an emotional drunk LOL, and how much they hated their current situations. not so wise to have that up on the internet huh? i thought it was funny. people don't even realize sometimes what is out there. I do the same thing if i am looking for a job myself, immediately google any info on any back stories, etc. everybody does it right?

still facebook free here. Smile
+ToRMeNT+ Wrote:I googled the name & their twitter account came up of a person who DID have the work experience i was looking for. what i gathered from their public twitter feed is how much & how often they got drunk, how much they tweeted while drunk, how much they were an emotional drunk LOL, and how much they hated their current situations. not so wise to have that up on the internet huh? i thought it was funny. people don't even realize sometimes what is out there. I do the same thing if i am looking for a job myself, immediately google any info on any back stories, etc. everybody does it right?

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/we...xyvV8th3lb

and now she is an elected member of parliament Teef
fiasko Wrote:
+ToRMeNT+ Wrote:I googled the name & their twitter account came up of a person who DID have the work experience i was looking for. what i gathered from their public twitter feed is how much & how often they got drunk, how much they tweeted while drunk, how much they were an emotional drunk LOL, and how much they hated their current situations. not so wise to have that up on the internet huh? i thought it was funny. people don't even realize sometimes what is out there. I do the same thing if i am looking for a job myself, immediately google any info on any back stories, etc. everybody does it right?

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/we...xyvV8th3lb

and now she is an elected member of parliament Teef

Damn.... lol
(24th May 2015, 13:26)firefinga Wrote:
cycom Wrote:So, why does everyone spend so much time on Facebook? It's shit. Have been using it less and less in the last months.
Someone once described posting on DOA like shouting to a crowd on a by-passing train at full throttle.

Facebook is worse.

Whereas this here is cosy. It just needs more regular posters, I guess (not excluding myself here). So why is everyone obsessed with the superficiality that is most Facebook blurb, where most posts are basically about showing off?

Discuss.

So, I have been using facebook for my non-music-related business since 2011. Basically just to spam my stuff. That has been working somewhat ok, even well for some time. Nowadays, not so much any more.

For music related things I set up an extra account. However, I mostly get swamped with banalities there. So, since many artists/labels/producers nowaday don't even bother to have a website of their own they go straight to FB, they don't happen to have a "proper" E-Mail address either any longer. So  I contact them, ask them stuff, as a fan etc. Only a minority even cares to answer stuff there. Nothing much "social" about social media if ya ask me.

Now, using this music-relating FB account for a few months now. Some more things I noticed. I am now "friends" with several peeps who posted here in the past and now are on FB. But they don't seem to post much stuff there either, any more. If they do, it's mostly spam (more power to them tho, they want their work get noticed).

Regardless, my "feeds" appear so random, it's pretty much useless to get much information from using FB. Mad
Not that the following is all that surprising....

http://www.theguardian.com/global/2015/o...ff-bonuses
Danish Study claims (proves?) - staying off FaceBook makes you happier Teef

(Gotta admit, doesn't surprise me much)

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/no...ss-friends

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE OUT NOW: DAN GUIDANCE - THE MINDSTREAM EP (OmniEP264) Euphony 1 614 28th February 2022, 22:37
Last Post: DJ ML
  staggered posting thing Muttley 7 3,467 11th July 2020, 12:12
Last Post: Ornette
  Posting Freak B 3 3,083 18th September 2017, 23:29
Last Post: Muttley
  I've been barred off facebook lol!! Chris Inperspective 25 9,615 2nd April 2017, 13:37
Last Post: Muttley
  Facebook overrated! IChiOne 113 41,695 19th December 2016, 12:36
Last Post: firefinga