Soul Pride Piano

6 Replies, 6463 Views

https://soundcloud.com/sundial-recording...ride-piano

As the title suggests, consists of Soul Pride Break, Piano & some other sounds.

Again, any critical opinions with mixdown/composition/tastes are highly appreciated.
The soul pride sounds great otherwise, but cut down on the high frequencies a bit! (the very very high ones) Hurts my ears.

I love your piano playing. It's really nice to hear some original melody instead of the usual sampled stuff. Loving the detail work you put in with the sound effects and edits.

This is some of the freshest stuff I've heard in a long time, rock on.

My biggest problem with this is piece is: It could reaaally benefit from an actual bassline that has a melody. I love the sliding basses in some contexts, but they're just so overused and in my opinion do not match up with a real melodic bassline.

Same thing also goes for this tune as the other one: More key changes! I'd like to hear you change up the chords a bit, so it's not just one key throughout the whole piece.
Thanks for your feedback on this one too, SpeaK!

Yeah, the snare does sound a little too harsh. I wonder if that nasty clipping can be removed at mastering process. The thing is I like the edgy-ness of it, so surgical eq without taking the energy away from it is the mission.

And the bass having a tonal character is an idea. I thought a double bass could work, then I realised I'm too poor to buy a double bass plugin. lol

Anyways, I'm glad you enyojed the tunes!
SpeaK Wrote:The soul pride sounds great otherwise, but cut down on the high frequencies a bit! (the very very high ones) Hurts my ears.

I love your piano playing. It's really nice to hear some original melody instead of the usual sampled stuff. Loving the detail work you put in with the sound effects and edits.

This is some of the freshest stuff I've heard in a long time, rock on.

Xyxthumbs

muttleymarked

Both tunes remind me of Guardians Of Dalliance on Moving Shadow.
Thanks, Muttley!

Will be nice to bring back the 90s flava!
Yeah, like this Logburner.

I agree with Speak on the break eq, there is some quite harsh top end there.
But I do also agree that the drums have an edginess because of it.
Hopefully there's a happy medium that can be reached with a slightly different eq setting.

Great to hear some fresh piano playing, nicely done Grin
Thanks, Code!

Maybe I was too inclined to express the solid texture of the break and overlooked the delicacy it holds. I'll keep that in mind, man!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soul Pride choppage! logburner 7 10,753 1st September 2015, 17:33
Last Post: logburner
  [Piano & Hum/Chillout] This Glow Roo Stercogburn 2 3,457 4th August 2013, 02:58
Last Post: Roo Stercogburn