eBay user ID list - to prevent sniping of other SC members!

72 Replies, 21731 Views

devnull Wrote:so what you both seem to be saying is that it's impossible to use ebay without sniping??? that's funny, cause i've been using it for like 3 years or something and i'm pretty sure they let you bid up to, like, 6 days before the final 1-2 seconds of the auction... i've also never sniped an auction to my knowledge, and i've won plenty of shit.

sniping isn't just bidding on the same item as other people, which is as you say the name of the game in auctions. sniping is bidding in the last few seconds to prevent giving other people the chance to counter bid.. if this were a "don't bid on your buddies items" list that'd be one thing (i'd have no problem w/ that of course), but sniping is something totally different.

right, i see what you mean now Xyxthumbs

but i don't agree with you...

sniping is a perfectly legitimate technique in online bidding: you bid late in order to keep the price down. it benefits the potential snipee as well as the sniper, since a failed snipe means that you don't have the chance to rebid either. the only person who loses out is the seller who would much rather the bids just kept on coming Smile

Messages In This Thread
eBay user ID list - to prevent sniping of other SC members! - by Statto - 31st October 2004, 16:15

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  User 102, 1st No U-Turn record , only $2 buy it now- Ebay HiddenSound 5 2,483 23rd December 2006, 13:59
Last Post: dwarde