help setting adat outs on desk please

11 Replies, 2434 Views

need help setting the adat outs on my digital desk to my sound card ins??

ive never needed it cos i can record to cd but i want to start recording in cubase.

i have read the manual and can't seem to get my head round it Chin

it doesn't seem to explain everything i need to know.. ( my knowledge on this stuff is naff though )

anyone using a digital desk with adat? should be the same kinda format for them all really.

help please
you need too connect the sync cable to stop glitches and i take it you have the optical cables?

what sound card you got?? has it got a sync connector (its usually a bnc connector)
yes i got the echo gina and yam o1v mixer , optical cables. the connection from the sound card out to the desk in is working fine but its the desk out to the s - card in that i can't suss.

i have to assign it to the buss's on the mixer Icon_eek
dsp Wrote:you need too connect the sync cable to stop glitches and i take it you have the optical cables?

what sound card you got?? has it got a sync connector (its usually a bnc connector)

no it hasn't got a sync connector
markgabba Wrote:
dsp Wrote:you need too connect the sync cable to stop glitches and i take it you have the optical cables?

no it hasn't got a sync connector

ok you may need to free up one of the 8 channels to use as a sync down the fibre, im not 100 though, but you should at least be able to see the signal going out of your desk ? it may apear as a sub mix or group, i have never used an 01 with an adat card so i don't know, only a spirit 328 Baffled
cheers mate, i will carry ohn fiddling and hopefully sort it Cool
coolio, adat is a bit or a mare but im sure you get it sorted
tell me about it hehe i have no patiance with this stuff Twisted

nah you dont

adat incorporates syncing through the lightpipe cable Xyxthumbs
dsp Wrote:ok you may need to free up one of the 8 channels to use as a sync down the fibre, im not 100 though, but you should at least be able to see the signal going out of your desk ? it may apear as a sub mix or group, i have never used an 01 with an adat card so i don't know, only a spirit 328 Baffled

Ive had an 01v and a 328xd in me time....

You dont need to use a sync cable with ADAT.
You dont need to 'free one of the 8 channels'.
The sync signal is sent separately through a non audio part of the lightpipe signal.

All you need to do is configure your echo as the sync master (set it to 'internal sync', and configure the 01v sync source to external, ADAT.

hth

b
scope Wrote:Ive had an 01v and a 328xd in me time....

You dont need to use a sync cable with ADAT.
You dont need to 'free one of the 8 channels'.
The sync signal is sent separately through a non audio part of the lightpipe signal.

All you need to do is configure your echo as the sync master (set it to 'internal sync', and configure the 01v sync source to external, ADAT.

hth

b

fair enough just a few people i know have had to use the sync cable because of audio glitchs i just assumed it was the norm, the emu has the sync card for that reason , maybe its just the older gear
and i have just noticed that i have no master chanel or effects in cubase... thats can't be right can it Chin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mixing desk buzzing - HELP PLEASE! Hovver 6 5,585 15th May 2011, 20:35
Last Post: Fada
  Mixing desk question... snaper 6 5,017 12th August 2010, 15:06
Last Post: Shiva
  For sale: Argosy Aura 260L Workstation Desk subvert 5 4,455 20th October 2009, 16:30
Last Post: subvert
  Production/Studio people...help on a mixing desk! nolige 17 7,842 20th March 2009, 20:01
Last Post: The Silent Coup
  Re-sampling (through the desk) Naphta 31 9,144 17th January 2009, 01:08
Last Post: cube