Peace

8 Replies, 2497 Views

unttainable, yes, but a good thought to start this side of the forum. Icon_exclaim
genki Wrote:unttainable, yes, but a good thought to start this side of the forum. Icon_exclaim

at what point of 'macrovision' on the world does it become unnattainable?

me thinks the major point comes back to religion.........and specifically intolerance of others religions.

So Genki do you think the world would be destroyed before the majority of the world population has the mindset that religious beliefs do not dictate that we cant live together in peace?
streetbeatsAdmin Wrote:
genki Wrote:unttainable, yes, but a good thought to start this side of the forum. Icon_exclaim

So Genki do you think the world would be destroyed before the majority of the world population has the mindset that religious beliefs do not dictate that we cant live together in peace?

I know I'm not genki, but in a word; yes.

Icon_cry
well i think its quite hard to say anything at the moment as ztuff is happening so fast and the pace of our everyday life seems to get faster almost exponentially...

i could almost think of a _major_ natural catastrophe that would make humans think a bit...

...and as naive it may sound like, im certain that there is some kind of a mental revolution going on.. so many openminded people everywhere. people start to concentrate more in the enjoyment of life rather than the eternal infliction of suffering to others. but we definitely need a big wakeup call, as it seems that even the 9/11 last year didnt make any effect.. actually it just made the situation far worse. Icon_sad

oh well, maybe we should just try and enlargen the aware part of the populace by easing up a bit on our own behalves and having a large one. :]

its 5.25 in the morning here, just came back from a party, played to some really 'ordinary' folk there, definitely no jungalist soldiers around... Snapshot killed it again though, mixed with mighty Digital's massive 'Sounds of Freedom' no-one was safe in there..........

ahh rite, good nite sbeetz b00rd. Cool
genki Wrote:...and as naive it may sound like, im certain that there is some kind of a mental revolution going on.. so many openminded people everywhere. people start to concentrate more in the enjoyment of life rather than the eternal infliction of suffering to others. but we definitely need a big wakeup call, as it seems that even the 9/11 last year didnt make any effect.. actually it just made the situation far worse. Icon_sad
)

i agree.Hopefully in years to come we'll look back at this time and realise that we were a part of a "mental revolution".
So many people are now opposing "the man" or "uncle sam" in an active way.

first steps to world peace?
1>STOP arming Israel to the hilt and let them fight their own bloody battles.we are seriously winding up the Arab nations.
2>STOP raping the middle east for oil. i'm sure we could use vegetable oil in our cars instead!!
3>STOP the virus that is the United States of America. Mr Bush, WE DO NOT NEED MACDONALDS OR KFC IN EVERY FUCKING COUNTRY.
4>STOP MESSING IN OTHER COUNTRIES AFFAIRS

Mad
abt oil, i think by decriminalizing hemp in every country would help quite a bit, as then it would become easier to grow it (without having to worry abt the THC levels all the time..) and with hemp oil, we could survive almost forever as its a very easy plant to cultivate and it grows in almost any climate...

yeh the problem with THC is that as well as its a potent agent to smoothen your trail of thought with, its also the plants major defense system. and without that, the plant is much weaker.

hell, with hemp we could do away with most of the pharmacy industry as well, as it is said that hemp derivates could replace some 90% of all chemically produced medicines out there... sounds amazing doesnt it?

the only problem is that the pharmacy industry and the oil industry arent too keen on losing ground to hemp in the business world, so they do all they can to keep a lid on hemp mass production..
streetbeatsAdmin Wrote:me thinks the major point comes back to religion.........and specifically intolerance of others religions.

religion is the cause for war, hatred, intolerance, ignorance and suffering.

as long as there is religion, there aint gonna b peace Icon_sad
I think religion is used more as a Tool... Most of todays problems are over Resources like Oil.. Oppression of people...

It is in our nature to be free...
the only way to atain true lasting peace is through the developement of the monoculture. notice how western europe no longer looks like going to war? when from prehistory it has been the site of war for every generation till now. many of the wars now are in resistance to monoculture. fear of absorbtion. but as long as there is difference, there will be conflict- because humans are inherantly posessive. (your first thought when you are a 4 year old seeing your friends new action man, is i want it)

one up for macdonalds culture.

but, this monoculture would have to be purely equalistic. no oppression, no low wages

never happen. so we best do what we can with what we got.

the next best thing is respect for difference.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE OUT NOW: K-CHAOS - STRANGE PEACE EP (OmniEP077) Euphony 6 4,095 30th January 2016, 14:13
Last Post: kaos
  FREE RELEASE: Foci's Left - A Breath of Peace EP (Ohmni005) Euphony 13 7,591 10th December 2013, 18:42
Last Post: Euphony
  Rest in Peace Benoit Mandelbrot Roo Stercogburn 8 4,444 18th October 2010, 12:48
Last Post: Metal Malcolm
  World Peace Dove beckett 7 1,992 29th September 2009, 05:56
Last Post: MetaLX
  peace Statto 56 7,516 8th January 2009, 01:11
Last Post: djfada