WANTED: 1 NAME

196 Replies, 17677 Views

Freestyle - negative N.american connotations
Freeform - Is a label
Collective - Sounds 'wanky'
Space 2 Pace - is a nice concept but not very descriptive
Drum and Bass - 'excludes non-dnb music'

This is getting ridiculous Roll

Thesaurus says; Free= able, allowed, at large, autarchic, autonomous, gratis, off the hook, on the loose, permitted etc.

EVERYONE THINK OF A NAME YOU LIKE instead of picking negative aspects of already suggested names.

I like:

Freestyle Drum and Bass

Stacks
The (Urban) Uprising Cool
Polyrythmic Beats (all tho that may/does sound pretentious)
let's name it Bridin Bizness! =O)

j

0=0
[Image: siggy.jpg]
magdusia Wrote:I just can't take it...omg omg...I just..I just can't...
I want everyone who contributes to this forum to come up with at least 1 name and then we can all decide.

Stacks
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
Stacks Wrote:I want everyone who contributes to this forum to come up with at least 1 name and then we can all decide.

Stacks

Sorry for my ignorance but what is this name exactly for?
"insert name here" is a concept which has arisen from several discussions on this board and others between groups of producers/djs etc who are dissatisfied with the current DNB scene and wish to establish a collective to promote more 'left of centre' DnB - A logo is necessary to go on flyers and websites etc. to establish their connection with this concept.

Stacks
I want everyone who contributes to this forum to come up with at least 1 name and then we can all decide.

Stacks
is this name thing really important?

can't we just let the tunes speak for themselves?

j

0=0
0=0 Wrote:is this name thing really important?

can't we just let the tunes speak for themselves?

j

0=0

in a utopian enviroment yes, but in the real world we
need a name to promote, market and identify it to.

off the top of my head...off-kilter rhythms.

lemme brainstorm. something will hit me in the middle
of the night. i'm sure of it Smile
I think whatever we may come up with will sound stupid.
Think of "drum&bass" - that has to be the silliest name around!

I'm not sure if this new title is that important - sooner or later we would run into problems as to what could be categorized under this new name and what not.
I've liked FREEBEAT so far, as I read one suggestion from the logo thread, that was actually from the Suv thread, as I understood.. Wink

And I've read BEATAGE somewhere, that I liked as well.

Not so sure about that COLLECTIVE part...It's too long IMO. Ayeah, and it reminds me of that SK Collective, it was some brazil-influenced dnb thingy, if i remember right.

OK. My humble suggestion, as everyone was asked to give one:

Beatage Inc.

Roll

Peacez)
F.
esb Wrote:in a utopian enviroment yes, but in the real world we
need a name to promote, market and identify it to.

but the artists and labels involved have their own markets...

do we need to unify them all in a category?

I make the stuff you guys are talking about..but I also make breakcore/idm/ambient/hiphop/breaks/whatever...i have an ENDUSER track signed to my label aswell as BREAKAGE...if I wanna make gay tech house underneath my name (0=0) that's not exactly representative of "SAID NAME OF THE MOVEMENT"..

and I fully agree with Fanu...pretty much any name we come up with..will sound stupid later on...this is about breaking down barriers not making more...

and it's soo uncool to have a panel of people decide a name...names should be incidental...they should just come out of the woodwork...it means more that way...not be some manufactured things..

the only real buzz word that really seems to be floating around is "Science"...so if we do have a name..it should involve or be a derivative of that..

j

0=0
look, ther reason why i like freebeat is because it is emblematic of something-i think the ep wraps itself around the many possibilities of breakbeat based music. isn't that what we want too? and suv would be proud! ahhh, papa suv.
SKRUB AUDIO UPDATED 5/2009 SMP 48-WHAT MUSIC?-Late Spring '09 Mix
I gotta say that deciding on a name is, just as 0=0 said it, quite close to building new barriers.

Do we really want to start limiting things? And no matter how grand the idea of a new name that represents this cooler side of d&b may feel, I think it is a bit useless. It is not gonna make this anti-clownstep movement any easier, I think.

And, how many people would know about the new subgenre at the end of the day? Would people really absorb it during our lifetime?
Gotta add that I am not an anti-anti-clownstepper, I just find the new-name-thing a bit silly. Aight :bear:
one really important thing..

we aren't trying to kill clownstep (eventhough it would be nice)...that stuff has a place and people like it so it will continue to have a place...

everything can exsist at once...

j

0=0
I know I'm gonna get an earful for this but I'm always gonna call it jungle I think. Lol
goin all out, I'm goin all out, I've got to maitain...
it's more about coexistence-agreed.

whatever it is at the end of the day, just keep it openended. every title at some point becomes obsolete. but it's more the ideas that solidify the title's meaning.
SKRUB AUDIO UPDATED 5/2009 SMP 48-WHAT MUSIC?-Late Spring '09 Mix
jump up Wrote:I know I'm gonna get an earful for this but I'm always gonna call it jungle I think. Lol

me too =O)

j (stands for jungle)

0=0
fucoza Wrote:I've liked FREEBEAT so far, as I read one suggestion from the logo thread, that was actually from the Suv thread, as I understood.. Wink

And I've read BEATAGE somewhere, that I liked as well.

Not so sure about that COLLECTIVE part...It's too long IMO. Ayeah, and it reminds me of that SK Collective, it was some brazil-influenced dnb thingy, if i remember right.

OK. My humble suggestion, as everyone was asked to give one:

Beatage Inc.

Roll

Peacez)
F.

I used to play out live about 4 years ago with a bass player and 2 drummers with me on the decks and we where billed as the EQ Collective. I know I know a play on the IQ Collective
0=0 Wrote:
jump up Wrote:I know I'm gonna get an earful for this but I'm always gonna call it jungle I think. Lol

me too =O)

j (stands for jungle)

0=0

Let's bring the jungle back then Cool
I love all this gettin shit together shit

OOOOOOOOOOOOOW MOTHER FUCKERS BRING IT ON
goin all out, I'm goin all out, I've got to maitain...
dude..I never stopped pushing the jungle..

senses is the same way..

j + jungle music = 4 L

j

0=0
why think of it as a drum and bass name?

like freestyle balls and collective arse, i reckon we should go with a name thats simple and less of a name and more of a word. Bands do it all the time.

let me think about it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Singers Wanted.MCs Wanted..Guitarist Wanted... tanny 0 1,054 19th August 2006, 17:47
Last Post: tanny