aiff

24 Replies, 4859 Views

how do i change to wav, the wont load in sound forge, what the hell is an aiff file anyway Oops just got a sample cd and jus tryin 2 listen 2 it?
it's a mac file

Pieter sent those Roll Grumble Oops
Audio Interchange File Format Smile

First, try renaming to *.aif instead of *.aiff , see if that works.

If not, use a decent audio editor, cos they should all read them :P Teef
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Macc Wrote:Audio Interchange File Format Smile

If not, use a decent audio editor, cos they should all read them :P Teef

Spank
Did it work?
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
AIF should be as standard as WAV.

Macc is correct in his statement - its a cross platform format and any audio editor thats decent should have no probs.
Macc Wrote:Did it work?

Quote: the file is an unsupported format

Oops
Beau couldn't convert the AIFF files either
he had to take them into another room where they had a mac
they play in quicktime Icon_sad
jay-sus surely there is a freebie converter on the net somewhere?

if soundforge wont do it use wavelab, or try loading them into cubase and then resaving them as wavs in the audio window.

PCs are wack, macs can read WAVs no probs!
My Pc can read aiff's no problem.

Therefore:

Safetyboy is 'wack' Hahaha
YER ALL WACK i am the king Cool
Have you converted your aiff yet?

No?

Up yours then, wackboy Hahaha
just be glad that they aren't SDIIs...... recorded a whole load of them last week and then got all annoyed cos they wouldn't work on my pc.... which I knew anyway.... I was just having a lamo stupid day... Roll
you can import sd2's on a pc - wavelab does em i think Chin
Macc Wrote:Have you converted your aiff yet?

No?

Up yours then, wackboy Hahaha

damn you all 2 hell Neutral Teef
macc Wrote:you can import sd2's on a pc - wavelab does em i think Chin

isit?

[Image: submitkid.gif]
Rofl

That kid's face Hahaha Looks like you John! Hahaha

Anyway yeah, if not, try importing as a raw wave file.

Basically I think that most wave files have the same shit in em, it's just the file header that's different - 'I'm a wav', 'I'm an SD2' but they're all saying the same shit. So if you import it as a raw pcm or however it is wavelab does it, you should be able to do it. When doing Ctrl O, change to view all files Smile

I think you can import anything (Word docs etc) as a wav, but it might blow your head clean off Hahaha

I know I have impotrted things into wavelab that no other app would open cos of silly bollix, and they have come out fine Smile
safetyboy Wrote:how do i change to wav, the wont load in sound forge, what the hell is an aiff file anyway Oops just got a sample cd and jus tryin 2 listen 2 it?

download db power amp from here:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

then get some codecs from the "codec central" page to convert aiff to wave.

great bit o software that.
elektrovert Wrote:
safetyboy Wrote:how do i change to wav, the wont load in sound forge, what the hell is an aiff file anyway Oops just got a sample cd and jus tryin 2 listen 2 it?

download db power amp from here:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

then get some codecs from the "codec central" page to convert aiff to wave.

great bit o software that.

The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\kellyj\Desktop\7 Audio Track.aiff' could not be opened. Icon_sad
Did you try renaming it as I said above?

To aif (one f)?
Macc Wrote:Did you try renaming it as I said above?

To aif (one f)?

i did, right click / rename / jay.aif still nothing, but i got them off breaker so i think he fouled me cause somat else on the dvd cant be read here or at home Icon_sad damn you breaker :P
If you can get 'access' to Cool Edit Pro, that will open things as raw pcm waves too... That may well be the way to go chief.

Although I have known there to be the occasional problem with files that came from Macs.
from flimbag on DOA
Quote:I've been fucked up by this in the past, so I know exactly what you're going through here.

Apparently, there are two types of AIFF file. There's the regular AIFF, which most Windows software doesn't have any problems with, and then there's the evil AIFF-c, which utilizes some sort of compression, is pretty well unreadable by everything you'd want to use on a PC (such as Soundforge, Wavelab, Cubase, etc. etc. Worse still, even the dominant sample translators - Chicken Systems Translator and CDXtract 4 can't deal with it.

What makes all this insane is that AIFF-c seems to be the default file save in at least one major Mac application, so if someone has created samples on a Mac, there's a very strong chance that those samples will be saved as AIFF-c.

All is not lost though. River Past Systems do an application called Audio Converter Pro, and this will solve your problem. If your samples aren't that long or that many, the demo will probably sort it for you, but I think it's a really good app and well worth the thirty dollars anyway.

http://www.riverpast.com/en/prod/au...erter/index.php
Ha Ha. which files weren't working Jay?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aiff hue 5 3,158 4th October 2011, 12:52
Last Post: HRH_H_Crab