Imagine Bjork with a beard...

4 Replies, 506 Views

...and the outcome would be her son.

Well, he wrote a review about my performance at the Iceland Airwaves festival here in Reykjavik.

There was a big headline in the festival newspaper that said:

"MC Nonni is either insane, mentally disabled or really, really stupid, but it appeared he was going for a combination of all three."

MC Nonni is the name I use for this kind of electro / pop / rap thing btw.

Here's the whole review and below is the link to the recording of my performance so you can judge for yourselves Wink

MC Nonni is either insane, mentally disabled or really, really stupid, but it appeared he was going for a combination of all three, which would have made for a good show if these mindsets didn't cancel each other out. There was a certain conviction missing in Nonni's performance, but it hardly matters, since the music speaks for itself: lyrics that made Wesley Willis sound refined and intellectual were ylped, yelled and even belched out over playful and minimal electro beats that sounded very familiar to anyone who has spent more than a half-hour fiddling around with Propellerheads software. Still, anyone who let their guard down could easily have been swayed by his retarded charm. The crowd did not as much as tap a foot.

http://mp3.breakbeat.is/vde-066/mcnonnil...rwaves.mp3
Hahaha
ow Hahaha properly scathing review
Applause Hahaha
Mad
jamaica is as far as i got.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bjork INITIAL 58 10,150 11th February 2020, 01:35
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  RELEASE Mini Review: ASC "Imagine The Future" firefinga 2 2,009 16th July 2015, 08:27
Last Post: firefinga
  Bjork- Signals (senses rmx) safetyboy 70 18,536 12th September 2014, 14:23
Last Post: bethom23
  Imagine: Simon and Garfunkel droid 3 1,563 23rd January 2012, 05:14
Last Post: dionysus
  New Bjork single Crystaline has amen-fest at the end!!! north.northwest 40 10,675 25th October 2011, 15:08
Last Post: Statto