Pirate garage shows in London

7 Replies, 1918 Views

Having been to London most days this week we've had the pleasure of listening to a selection of pirate radio stations in London which were almost exclusively playing Garage music. I could not believe how poor both the music was and the Mcing. Last night this guy was going off on one how he would "pulls his piece on ya" and how he wants to "fuck your big breasted girlfriend".Very menacing indeed as i believe that Garage really does represent a part of our current youth culture or yob culture as i like to look at it. Why cant people see this small minority of people for what they are instead of presenting them as both cool and fashionable.??

discuss............
this is a big problem and it wont go away soon.
just like the gangsta rappers of the us, the nancy garage boys will be perverting kids for years to come. so solid? i mean WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT! i know its the commercial end but its all the same in my book.

i saw a poster at lunch today advertising a night at the boxing club ( i forget which one) that actually had the mc's as the main lineup and the dj's down below in a small font??!??

hello?
just nod if you can hear me...
the only good uk garage comes from

1) mj cole
2) bedfordshire
i feel really sorry for people who have been into garage for yonks, and now have to put up with this shite.... and it is, absolute shite. a good friend of mine is doing well producing garage music, but he is in the same state of shock as any of us when he listens to radio or whatever. its kinda just pirate radio culture aswell though, everytime i listen to d+b on the radio, im dissapointed. it does seem that garage is alot worse though, i dont know why? maybe the problem is more to do with the inner city youth culture than the music itself?
DJFracture Wrote:i feel really sorry for people who have been into garage for yonks, and now have to put up with this shite.... and it is, absolute shite. a good friend of mine is doing well producing garage music, but he is in the same state of shock as any of us when he listens to radio or whatever. its kinda just pirate radio culture aswell though, everytime i listen to d+b on the radio, im dissapointed. it does seem that garage is alot worse though, i dont know why? maybe the problem is more to do with the inner city youth culture than the music itself?

the same inner city yoot culture that made you the original grumpy junglist?
come on man...........

anthroplogy..........
was this proto grime you did hear back then ??? Lol
orson Wrote:was this proto grime you did hear back then ??? Lol

Shit stirrer!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLASSIC JUNGLE ROAST ON PIRATE RADIO crbn114 0 703 16th July 2022, 08:12
Last Post: crbn114
  The best pirate radio discussion of all time : download uncle dugs 5 3,356 23rd October 2012, 18:25
Last Post: Jason oS
  pirate radio doc dsp 8 3,530 2nd October 2012, 09:00
Last Post: fiasko
  BT ordered to block pirate links SHIFT 1 1,250 28th July 2011, 17:03
Last Post: Statto
  London based vinyl heads... check this out 16th April, Dalston, East London. DJFracture 6 4,952 17th April 2011, 08:04
Last Post: widzhit