great stuff
nice white vinyl too

Blue
Xyxthumbs

good stuff jon.

Ralph Hypno Unsane Hypno Ralph
just when I was going to call SC a bunch of plebs

Unsane Kisskiss
Ooh, I'm just getting into the Residents BIG TIME. I'd love to have a copy of Eskimo. I'd like to get some Snakefinger also. I started with The Third Reich 'n' Roll and went directly into the Mole Trilogy. I love everything so far and have a feeling I'll enjoy all the rest. Big Bubble is severely misunderstood and consequently underrated from what I've heard. Sorry ...

Any recommendations for what to go for next? Meet The Residents?
"The chaos on this planet is due to the music that musicians are forced to play, by some who just think of money and don't realize that music is a spiritual language." -- Sun Ra
reflect Wrote:any recommendations for what to go for next? meet the residents?

Yes

all the early records...

meet the residents
the third reich 'n roll (destructions of 60s pop/rock tunes_
fingerprince
duck stab
not available
eskimo

Falcon
Cool. So what do you think about the Mole Trilogy stuff? What about the new material? Have you heard any Snakefinger?
"The chaos on this planet is due to the music that musicians are forced to play, by some who just think of money and don't realize that music is a spiritual language." -- Sun Ra
Reflect Wrote:Cool. So what do you think about the Mole Trilogy stuff? What about the new material? Have you heard any Snakefinger?

Mole Trilogy: I didn't like it when it came out;
been ages since I heard it now though

new stuff: I've not heard this at all

Snakefinger: apart from the Spot/Smelly Tongues 7" I've only heard his Residents collaborations. he's on Fingerprince I think, and also plays the guitar on Satisfaction
ok, since we've talked i've managed to pick up:

not available
the commercial album
george & james
duck stab / buster & glen (vinyl)
diskomo / goosebump (vinyl)

and a sealed copy of the mark of the mole on vinyl which i would recommend having another go at.

my next four wants to be:

meet the residents
eskimo
fingerprince
animal lover

and then everything else!!! they're currently doing a conceptual series of sorts called river of crime which they've released a 15-20 minute "song/story" every week. they've put out 5 so far for $1.99 each.

thanks for recommending this stuff, it's so good. Yes
Xyxthumbs
been meaning to show you this statto Hahaha

thought of you and my old friend jamie (whom used
to play me lotsa residents stuff back in the day)

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?what=R&obid=674583
Xyxthumbs
playing in london on december the 7th Chin
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
The residents are great, and you know this maaannn! I've got "vileness fats" and "fingerprince" on vinyl....snakefinger rules. Since I'm thinking ralphs records, just have to throw in there that Renaldo and the Loafs' first 2 records fucking rule as well. Smile
bump for Statto
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
Chin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE OUT NOW: SKY RESIDENTS - SONGS FROM THE SPACES LP (Omni036) Euphony 0 2,021 6th December 2015, 10:02
Last Post: Euphony
  OUT NOW: TIDAL/NEMANOE and SKY RESIDENTS - OMNI MUSIC EP's 15 and 16 Euphony 0 1,698 5th May 2013, 09:43
Last Post: Euphony
  Our favourite Baltimore residents as Smilies rondema 11 4,098 14th December 2009, 10:12
Last Post: cycom
  Madcap //:Synthesis Residents Pt.6 (Mix) Madcap 3 1,030 1st September 2008, 18:05
Last Post: Madcap
  Untitled! 4: Quest, Silkie, Hijak, residents dice 4 874 31st January 2008, 23:54
Last Post: dice