E-MU ESI 4000

10 Replies, 7307 Views

I found out that somebody in Helsinki is selling an EMU ESI 4000 for £415.

It has a turbo expansion, 32 mb ram, two effects (processors ???), 8 outs, 4 GB SCSI HD, and a 100 mb ZIP drive and 5 ZIP disks. Price is £415.

What do u think? Should I go for it? I see that Digitalvillage is selling the EMU E5000 Ultra for £399, but it has no expansions.....hmmmm.....
sound sgood fanu, allthough bear in mind that sa,pelrs are really dropping in price and you could probably get a e6400 for a few hundred quid more...

esi4000 rocks tho Smile
ive got some hardware, but im having difficulty defending my need for outboard gear when i see the price of computer hardware dropping fast and the amount of stuff you can do on a computer rising fast....

but then again, an EMU is an [Image: emu.jpg]
john doe Wrote:ive got some hardware, but im having difficulty defending my need for outboard gear when i see the price of computer hardware dropping fast and the amount of stuff you can do on a computer rising fast....

but then again, an EMU is an [Image: emu.jpg]

Right on, sugar. I don't wanna start a software-versus-hardware debate here, but I wanna say that the reason I'm planning to spend ridiculous amounts of cash on gear is that I never learned how to get FAT sound of software. I know I can be done but I never got rid of my old superstition.

John, now fix me some wikkid Spanish groupies!
ok, i never intended to start a hw vs sw debate ofcoz.
just telling you my point of view on the subject as it is.

im not producing with my gear at the moment anyways, so for me personally theres no use to getting more hardware, aside from it sitting sexy in a rackmount, flashin their nice LEDs at me.

i like being flashed :P
john doe Wrote:ok, i never intended to start a hw vs sw debate ofcoz.
just telling you my point of view on the subject as it is.

im not producing with my gear at the moment anyways, so for me personally theres no use to getting more hardware, aside from it sitting sexy in a rackmount, flashin their nice LEDs at me.

i like being flashed :P

What hw do u have? Wanna get rid of it? Wink
btw... anyone have any info on hardware setups/requirements???

-if i don't get any reply to this i know i truly have no hope of running the thing......

...i have an emu esi4000 just sitting there because i don't have any of the peripherals needed to get it running... i gotta know what those peripherals are, any sites or info at all?
I would have to pay Digital Village £460 for EMU E5000 Ultra (no expansions) + shipping to Finland.

What do u think?
i think maybe the 4000 with fx/expansions/xtras is a much better deal... and one less rack space
Fanu Wrote:I would have to pay Digital Village £460 for EMU E5000 Ultra (no expansions) + shipping to Finland.

What do u think?

Wouldn't it be better to buy it in Finland?
What I need here is someone with a fair experience in E5000 and ESI 4000 to say what are the BIGGEST differences between those two models.

Yes I know that the ESI 4000 offer sounds a lot better.

I'm relatively positive there are no shops in Finland which would stock EMUs Bncry

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  emu esi 4000 - free to a good home fiasko 6 6,500 9th September 2013, 10:08
Last Post: fiasko