Aqua Teen Hunger Force causes bomb scare in boston yesterday

21 Replies, 3653 Views

http://wbztv.com/topstories/local_story_032062012.html

people are so fucking stupid. SO SO SO FUCKING STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID.

"Gee there's a light bright with a picture of an alien giving the finger... it must be a bomb!!!!"

I know the guy who was arrested, he has VJ'd at a bunch of my Boston shows, etc. What makes it even more horrible is the way the media around continue to refer to it as a "bomb hoax", like people put up these signs INTENDING to freak people out and make people think they were bombs.

I really need to move somewhere outside the US Icon_sad
wtf? idiots

it looks nothing like a bomb

by that logic they should arrest anyone who leaves anything anywhere outside their house for planting hoax bombs
[Image: mooninite_lightboard.jpg]

If your so dumb you think ^^^ is a bomb... you should be shot. its bare jokes!

I love aquateen though (i only know one other brit who knows what it is).

Mooninites unite Grin (godamn we need a mooninite smiley)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6322307.stm
looks like it made BBC news.

stupid, stupid, stupid.
[Image: 376047928_528888a184.jpg]
ATHF rules!
all i've watched for the last 3 days is athf
[Image: Soothsayer-Dubplatelet.gif]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2ytr2Oyv4

that question is not hair related...
oplin Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2ytr2Oyv4

that question is not hair related...

thats halarious!!

is proper daft though, you can see in the background of that press conference video of them placing their mooninites about the place.. how do they look like bombs?! it really is astounding how stupid people can be!

oh and rgds bbc, it was on bbc breakfast news this morning, i didnt get to see all of the article they did on it though, i only saw a light up mooninite and pissed myself with laughter!
best program ever
UFO_over_easy Wrote:best program ever

give the venture brothers a chance... I used to love Aqua Teen but the 2nd season of the Venture Brothers is totally next-level shit.
devnull Wrote:

give the venture brothers a chance... I used to love Aqua Teen but the 2nd season of the Venture Brothers is totally next-level shit.

agreed.
for me, that and tom goes to the mayor are it right now
lol at that news reporter "what some believe is an over-reaction" wtf???????
well to be fair - it looks as if they made the 911 calls, lots of them. Not a very funny thing to do IMO.

Stacks
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
Stacks Wrote:well to be fair - it looks as if they made the 911 calls, lots of them. Not a very funny thing to do IMO.

Stacks

really!? where did your read/hear that?
meatwad is too funny!
socialengineer Wrote:
Stacks Wrote:well to be fair - it looks as if they made the 911 calls, lots of them. Not a very funny thing to do IMO.

Stacks

really!? where did your read/hear that?

maybe it's not true, but it looks like it.

Quote:Police Commissioner Edward Davis said the rash of phone calls 9-1-1 operators received around the same time is being investigated. When asked if the calls were coordinated as part of the marketing campaign, he said: "There's no indication it came from panicked residents."

http://wbztv.com/topstories/local_story_032062012.html

Stacks
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
hmmm, interesting.
they didnt just put these jobbies up in boston, there were 10 other cities involved and no complaints in them. maybe they wernt getting the reaction they wanted so they dialled 999 in one city to get some attention.
you gotta be pretty daft to do that though, looking at what sort of 'day in age we live in'... ie terrooooorrrrrr! you would know you are gonna get shat on from a great hieght for doing somthing like that. Roll
This is most definitely hilarious. I work for TBS here in Atlanta and there was a Fox News reporter stationed across the street ALL day yesterday and it's still in their top news stories today. Hehe.

I've not heard that those guys made the 911 calls themselves but if so that's pretty lame. Somehow I doubt it as Adult Swim makes plenty of money and typically the advertising campaigns are eye catching or attention grabbing enough to stand on their own without the need for a stupid pranks like a bomb scare.

This shit is quite funny though and sort of lame and sad. Just another act at the circus. One thing is for sure though, Adult swim will be enjoying even more viewers and attention after this.
http://www.theregister.com/2007/02/02/mo...errorists/

doesnt look good for them i must say... fucking state of the world eh? its absolutly shocking. 1984 we have arrived
yeah, fox's news coverage was offensive, i think they're still referring to it as a "hoax"...same with the local conservative garbage rag "the boston herald".

tell your bosses at tbs they should sue all these news fuckers for libel Xyxthumbs

i strongly doubt that peter kid called 911 - from what i've seen he's not that kind of guy at all. never met his roomate, but why would they go to those lengths for a set-fee promotional campaign?

machu Wrote:this is most definitely hilarious. i work for tbs here in atlanta and there was a fox news reporter stationed across the street all day yesterday and it's still in their top news stories today. hehe.

i've not heard that those guys made the 911 calls themselves but if so that's pretty lame. somehow i doubt it as adult swim makes plenty of money and typically the advertising campaigns are eye catching or attention grabbing enough to stand on their own without the need for a stupid pranks like a bomb scare.

this shit is quite funny though and sort of lame and sad. just another act at the circus. one thing is for sure though, adult swim will be enjoying even more viewers and attention after this.
devnull Wrote:

venture bros. is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!

my new fav show (after south park & family guy of course)
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit = Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up? DJFracture 11 6,867 19th January 2016, 22:13
Last Post: firefinga
  news from Boston Statto 2 980 17th April 2013, 12:27
Last Post: NoodeL
  Played some tunes on Chris Inperspective's show yesterday Ornette 4 2,339 13th July 2011, 18:21
Last Post: jonesy
  abstract elements & hexer - apathetic vibe / the bomb (acr 022, 12") LXC 22 8,877 28th February 2011, 14:34
Last Post: lament
  "Meteor my a--e!! I told ya not to bomb the moon, but ya wouldn't listen would ya?!!" hex4gon 2 1,845 27th October 2009, 09:10
Last Post: hex4gon