Create an account

[-]
Tags
to what reckon you this? do

Thread Contributor: matt80What do you reckon to this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3128653.stm

(Sorry if its already been posted)

my bro-in-law has one and its bloody amazing!

i wasn't convinced till i saw the dj from de la soul scratching with them at glastonbury and that completely changed my mind ...

the whole ease of copying cd's is gonna really change things though ... i think it will make life hard for record companies when this really takes off ..

When the Invaderz played at Beatjam they used these and they sounded quality you can't tell the difference at all.

Without the physical touch of a record - i think you would only be able to 'pull out' 40% of scratches.

Me personally am working on faderless scratches at the me...........tapping/rubbing/phazing etc....At the mo you just can't do it with a cd deck!!
Shut that door!

Downwiththat

I would miss Vinyl too much ........ Icon_sad

I think Final scratch is more amazing.

Stacks
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]

yeah, but stacks, who's gonna drag a laptop with him/her every time into a dirty smoke-filled venue... if you have a laptop in the first place... and it's a bitch to connect while switching dj's... no, final scratch, not convinced

Well probably the ame person who's gonna drag a big bunch of dub-plates into a venue...er a DJ maybe? An ibook is dead light and handy and as for it being a bitch to connect... not really - just two phono in's and outs.

2 CDj 1000s are roughly the same price as an ibook and final scratch - plus you can use the ibook for other stuff too - producing and writing angry letters to the times and stuff.

Stacks

i'm talking about connecting the final scratch to the mixer...

also, i think the cdj's will be standard present in the club (as turntables are) but a laptop won't...

and with the dragging i meant, setting up a delicate piece of electronica in a dirty environment

a decent laptop isn't any more 'delicate' than a CD player.

I can see your point though and in many ways you are right but most clubs I've ever played at don't have CDJs. maybe someday...

Stacks

INITIAL2 Wrote:Without the physical touch of a record - i think you would only be able to 'pull out' 40% of scratches.

Me personally am working on faderless scratches at the me...........tapping/rubbing/phazing etc....At the mo you just can't do it with a cd deck!!

Nah i have one....you can do some wicked tricks with the reverse function and looping.....

you can do stuff like tapping on em....you can also do some cool speed up slow down tricks by adjusting the braking / restart speed.....

Im delighted with the one i got (cdj800) its saved me a fortune on dubs already....almost made the money back already...plus its invaluable for production as it does real time timestretching so i can pitch loops and the like up without changing the pitch.

hahahah the way they keep calling him "Mr Morillo" is hillarious

Smile

Almost as bad as when my brazillian buddies call me Mr Rory.

Hahaha

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you guys reckon of this? (genuine question, no thoughtless spam) Muttley 14 2,475 6th October 2014, 15:18
Last Post: Muttley
  What do you reckon to this T.Listing ?? Altered Ego 10 1,095 6th June 2003, 10:24
Last Post: Matt
  who do you reckon is the best hip hop producer? RhythmicNature 21 1,056 30th April 2003, 18:43
Last Post: DJFracture

Forum software by © MyBB Theme © iAndrew 2016