when is a band a band? (re: nIn split)

9 Replies, 3914 Views

concerning the announced split of nine inch nails later this year

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/art...it_1045105

how does this work?

even on wikipedia their line-up is called "trent reznor and liveband", so does this mean they're just not gonna play live like this again? it wouldn't make much of a difference, cause hardly anyone cared who stood on stage with trent anyway. at least amongst those diehard fans i talked to.

it just confuses me, that a band which has mainly consisted of one man for 20 years is "splitting up".

nin, lol.

ps: haven't been around for a while due to much life-hassle, so a big Wave to all :d
yea it just means hes gonna find other ways to present the music. i say good on him! i seen em 3 times in the current lineup and they rocked me everytime but alot of what he does is him, not the band..
mad marshal Wrote:ps: haven't been around for a while due to much life-hassle, so a big Wave to all :d

hey hey how's things?

Wave
yeah, i thought this must have been an old thread bumped :d

hello! Wave

and errrr, dunno about nin - reznor's always been the centre of it all innit... maybe he's just going to use a laptop now Hahaha
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Reznor IS NiN, theres been a million members over the years. I'm glad this current line up is splitting as they were wack. Aaron north was a complete twit and the set was as boring as anything. Maybe if TR considered playing material outside the classics and stop being a crowd pleaser NiN live would be a far more exciting experience.
where've you been father?
a band is a "band" when you got your guy manning the ableton rig, and crazy chick with a knife and a microphone; a la Mu..

that all Trent needs now Grin
statto Wrote:where've you been father?

working my tits off and studying Wave
studying? Smile
Statto Wrote:studying? Smile

its exam after exam. i hate it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MIX The Dicemen, Donna De Lory, Average White Band, Justice & Enjoy, Pete Rann & Tidal Muttley 16 6,934 17th May 2019, 05:54
Last Post: Muttley
  RELEASE Sarah Jane Gray (artist, one half of Broken Library band) Muttley 1 1,677 18th November 2017, 16:47
Last Post: Muttley
  let's hear about positive or negative band experiences HiddenSound 7 4,218 11th September 2013, 21:07
Last Post: cheef
  Bukem and Conrad Split Up MetaLX 19 12,690 4th December 2012, 14:42
Last Post: RickyForce
  Goldie's band 247 9 2,246 11th April 2011, 21:21
Last Post: Ben Kei