im almost done with my website but...

9 Replies, 611 Views

i never bothered to look at it in ie6 Baffled
does anyone still use that browser?
i think as long as the site is usable and doesn't look too awful, i'm not going to sweat it.
I dunno , put it up!! Grin

hey, ya wanna cruise by the station this Friday? Me, PVK, and Jaes are gonna be there
HiddenSound Wrote:I dunno , put it up!! Grin

well i am having domain name probs, so i'm just testing it off disk, but it will be up very soon Smile

Quote:hey, ya wanna cruise by the station this Friday? Me, PVK, and Jaes are gonna be there

cool. and then next friday i have off. should i bring the cdj? Cool
Smile nice one!!!

Jaes is bringin by the cd-j this time so no worries Smile

Next friday the 15th im not sure whats going on, but I think it would be goood times so yes yes, maybe we could do some 30/30 set before the guest

Feb. 29th were gonna be having THE TECH ITCH inside so you might want to check that out ? Wink
I would. It's still got about a 50% market share. If you've built your website properly (ie no tables for layout, CSS for presentation, HTML for content) be prepared for a lot of problems though. It's a web designer's worst nightmare and the sooner it fucks off the better. Microsoft are rolling out IE7 updates in the next service pack upgrade, but there will still be an odd few IE6 users by the end of the year...
[Image: pezholiodoa.gif]

batfink Wrote:bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK NORK NORK bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK bwabba NORK.
If it's more of a personal site, I wouldn't worry about it as much. You could always state "Best viewed in IE7 + Firefox" or something similar.

"Microsoft are rolling out IE7 updates in the next service pack upgrade..."

IE8 is supposed be released this year too.
pez Wrote:I would. It's still got about a 50% market share. If you've built your website properly (ie no tables for layout, CSS for presentation, HTML for content) be prepared for a lot of problems though. It's a web designer's worst nightmare and the sooner it fucks off the better. Microsoft are rolling out IE7 updates in the next service pack upgrade, but there will still be an odd few IE6 users by the end of the year...

the major alignment problems and padding i was able to fix. the fact it doesn't display semi-transparent pngs i cannot, so i'm just going to use solid rects for ie. Cool
browser inconsistency gives me total fits. Mad
SKRUB AUDIO UPDATED 5/2009 SMP 48-WHAT MUSIC?-Late Spring '09 Mix
tvghates Wrote:
pez Wrote:i would. it's still got about a 50% market share. if you've built your website properly (ie no tables for layout, css for presentation, html for content) be prepared for a lot of problems though. it's a web designer's worst nightmare and the sooner it fucks off the better. microsoft are rolling out ie7 updates in the next service pack upgrade, but there will still be an odd few ie6 users by the end of the year...

the major alignment problems and padding i was able to fix. the fact it doesn't display semi-transparent pngs i cannot, so i'm just going to use solid rects for ie. Cool

there are quite a few png workarounds for ie, thy use javascript, which isn't ideal, but it works like a charm:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/ - for images on the page (ie img tags)

http://blog.bjorkoy.com/2006/12/12/flawl...rt-in-ie6/ - for css background images

Xyxthumbs
[Image: pezholiodoa.gif]

batfink Wrote:bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK NORK NORK bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK bwabba NORK.
thanks! Grin