please recommend me a proper book/tutorial on EQing?

9 Replies, 3561 Views

i'v been using the pultec and other eq but i'm not really sure what everything means on there
and recommendations for something proper to read would be appreciated!
mabye somting that covers compressors too
Teef
thanx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equalization

Check the 'see also' bit at the bottom Smile

Be aware that on pultec it has 'cs', which stands for cycles per second, which is the same as Hertz (ie the unit of frequency).
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
thnx man
i'm retarded i meant urs fulltec lol
you can always ask away here with more specific questions Xyxthumbs it just seems a bit silly writing an essay about eq when other people have done it already, and much better! :d
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
hipnotic, who posts on here, and mainly on doa, wrote a great eq tutorial

you can read and get it here

Xyxthumbs

edit you need to log in to download it, ive attached it again here
Aye, it's quite good that Grin

Not exactly a hardcore eq tutorial - but an excellent guide to the principles and ideas of fitting a track together. Great stuff.
paradigm x Wrote:hipnotic, who posts on here, and mainly on doa, wrote a great eq tutorial

i read that one when i first started making tunes... really helped me getting started... i just re-read it and it refreshed a few ideas that i had forgotten.. especially the bit about low frequency harmonics... (i am gonna recheck some of my filtering on a few guitar tracks tonight Chin )

i think arranging you music in such a way to avoid conflicts is the best starting point.
Tza Wrote:I think arranging you music in such a way to avoid conflicts is the best starting point.

Yeah, OT (ish) a good tip i read recently was rather than trying to eq a kick to sit with a bassline, tune it up or down to get it to fit. works a treat, will suddenly 'pop out'
It's not OT - it's just logic.

The best arrangement and sound selection etc needs no eq at all Smile
hey thanx a bunch
more questions coming soon lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proper rolling breakbeats brandz 5 2,283 18th January 2011, 03:06
Last Post: Hovver
  Tutorial: Native Instruments Massive Techniques from Breakitdown breakitdown 14 7,226 9th December 2010, 02:53
Last Post: breakitdown
  Drum break video tutorial by me SpeaK 18 6,485 6th April 2010, 02:11
Last Post: mono_sono
  I'm proper stuck, help denaris 22 5,229 23rd March 2010, 16:54
Last Post: Scape
  Video tutorial on isolating sounds with Photoshop A_SN 2 2,150 13th April 2009, 17:40
Last Post: A_SN