No U-Turn Records – Reissues & Unreleased Material - opinio

98 Replies, 36218 Views

Hi all,

There's a possibility of my label releasing some reissues of classic No U-Turn releases, and also pressing several previously unreleased remixes, VIPs, alternate mixes etc by the roster of artists on No U Turn. Not revealing anything concrete yet, but as you all should know this label essentially created and defined the UK techstep sound. Over ten years of innovation, the label is behind some of the UK's most inventive and pioneering drum and bass music ever - with artists such as Ed Rush, Trace, Fierce, Ryme Tyme, Kane, Dom & Roland, Future Forces, Break and Silent Witness establishing their reputations under the mentoring and production skill of Nico, the studio mastermind and label owner behind No U-Turn.

For anyone not familiar with the label discography and the history behind it, check out the Discogs entry here: http://www.discogs.com/label/No+U-Turn

No U-Turn Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/nouturnrecords

I know that unreleased material is always going to be popular, especially from names as huge as the No U-Turn artists, but it would be very helpful to me if you lot could also offer up some suggestions as to which No U-Turn releases you consider to be the seminal cuts and worthy of being repressed. Again, as anyone familiar with previous Sublogic releases will know, these will be highest quality collector grade repressings. All will be sourced from the original DATs and will be expertly remastered by Beau Thomas - http://www.discogs.com/artist/Beau+Thomas – and will be pressed onto heavyweight vinyl, with new artwork and released as strictly limited edition runs.

Any input is much appreciated, and will certainly help this project get off the ground – thanks in advance to anyone who contributes to this thread!

Details of all previous Sublogic releases can be found here: http://www.discogs.com/label/Sublogic+Recordings

And the Sublogic webstore for purchasing vinyl, CDs and more can be found here: http://www.sublogicrecordings.com

Thanks!

Will
cd compilation as well please ! or mp3s as well. theres a lot of people like me who dont have decks/buy vinyl.

sounds exciting tho. cheers !

Xyxthumbs
Thought this would be useful

NUT 001 User 102 Can't Hold It (12")
NUT 002 Ed Rush Bludclot Artattack (12")
NUT 003 DJ Kane Lost / Rebel Without A Draw (12")
NUT 004 DJ Ruffkutt* Dub White / Dangerous (12")
NUT 005 Buzz* Slave / McCloud (12")
NUT 005 DJ Buz Slave / Warrior Charge (12")
NUT 006 DJ Gunshot Wheel Up / Black Magic (12")
NUT 007 Ed Rush Bludclot Artattack Remixes (12")
NUT 008 DJ Buz Slave Special / Watch Me Now (12")
NUT 009 DJ Gunshot Wheel 'n' Deal / Marble Mix (10")
NUT 010 DJ Gunshot Soundboy / Soundtest (12")
NUT 011 Ed Rush Gangsta Hardstep / The Force Is Electric (12")
NUT 012 Ed Rush Guncheck / The Force Is Electric (Remix) (12")
NUT 013 Ed Rush & Nico West Side Sax / August (12")
NUT 014 Ed Rush What's Up / August (Remix) (12")

Bloodclot artattack original? The Dj Buz and Nice ones? Nothing after 94 anyway (im sure those 12s are more readily available anyway...).
droid Wrote:Thought this would be useful

NUT 001 User 102 Can't Hold It (12")
NUT 002 Ed Rush Bludclot Artattack (12")
NUT 004 DJ Ruffkutt* Dub White / Dangerous (12")
NUT 005 Buzz* Slave / McCloud (12")
NUT 005 DJ Buz Slave / Warrior Charge (12")
NUT 006 DJ Gunshot Wheel Up / Black Magic (12")
NUT 007 Ed Rush Bludclot Artattack Remixes (12")
NUT 008 DJ Buz Slave Special / Watch Me Now (12")
NUT 009 DJ Gunshot Wheel 'n' Deal / Marble Mix (10")
NUT 010 DJ Gunshot Soundboy / Soundtest (12")
NUT 011 Ed Rush Gangsta Hardstep / The Force Is Electric (12")
NUT 012 Ed Rush Guncheck / The Force Is Electric (Remix) (12")
NUT 013 Ed Rush & Nico West Side Sax / August (12")
NUT 014 Ed Rush What's Up / August (Remix) (12")

Bloodclot artattack original? The Dj Buz and Nice ones? Nothing after 94 anyway (im sure those 12s are more readily available anyway...).

Lovesmilie
sublogicrecordings Wrote:For anyone not familiar with the label

...give up on life now
Not sure there need to be represses of stuff -- not particularly rare, are they? I'd be all over the unreleased stuff, though!
paradigm x Wrote:people like me who dont have decks/buy vinyl.

Xyxthumbs

Spank
Kontra Wrote:
sublogicrecordings Wrote:For anyone not familiar with the label

...give up on life now

Hahaha
SKRUB AUDIO UPDATED 5/2009 SMP 48-WHAT MUSIC?-Late Spring '09 Mix
"edtrafienical" please...

it's probaly the most cold tune i've ever heard...

and you can hear the progression happening in that tune from the techstep sound to the neuro sound...
click the logo below to download mixes,
listen to tracks, contact, and more...

[Image: camo_black02.gif]
ooow shite, yes, do it!
will bag some goodness for sure, whether it be on wax or cd.

do it! Yes
lol will - good on ya mate!

there's a few unreleased no u turn related tunes, all from that golden tech step era

i'm not sure i know them all, but yes, edtrafienical would be a good place to start, both mixes of it.

there's that dj trace - monkeys tune, and that early mix of ed rush - skylab that turned out did get released... if only on that artcore vol 3 album - i'd love to see that on a 12"

a lot of them unreleased tunes from that era seemed to have come about... eventually.... fierce - weapon is one i was desperate for years! and fierce - side effects too... that one came out (but only on a cd)

of the previously released tracks, perhaps a popular one would be dj gunshot - wheel & deal, which although is a classic jungle tune. of the techy tunes that no u turn pioneered, perhaps mothership would be a good choice ( i dont think that ever came out again, since) although its not my favourite of theirs

but yes, details on any other unreleased tracks and i think we would all be drooling at the mouth Hyper

Falcon

http://www.hardscore.com/articles/lazerdrome/
as for side effects...
anyone else noticed the super-high trebly squeel on the bass sound on certain notes?
as if it was sampled from VHS and they didnt lo-pass the sample.
fanu Wrote:as for side effects...
anyone else noticed the super-high trebly squeel on the bass sound on certain notes?
as if it was sampled from VHS and they didnt lo-pass the sample.
Icon_question

Well there was like a 'film score ' sounding little strings loop they had in the intro, before being replaced with that omninous bass tone...

http://www.hardscore.com/articles/lazerdrome/
all unreleased stuff please please please press up! and Mothership way release on the Torque album anyway.
droid Wrote:NUT 002 Ed Rush Bludclot Artattack (12")

Oops These are the only two I ever picked up on this label.
So any will do please Grin
NUT 024 Ryme Tyme Teknoid / License

only record i got Icon_eek
but there's definitely more to look out for. don't even know, where to start...
Need Nico - Lo in CD quality. And yes, Monkeys by Trace.
unreleased mix of sonar?
For me it's definitely NUT 11 till 19, and 21. Still looking for 11 actually.
And Torque of course. But then again, that gets repressed every few years. True classic.

Dunno if NU Black would be part of deal, but NNU 1 till 6 are god as well.

@ jonesy: is there a problem with Lo on vinyl then? (I play that a lot and never noticed a problem)
lol.. i just realized that i posted 95-98 to be my favorite d&b era and nut 11 till 21 covers exactly that period. guess it's really true then. Teef

btw, looking forward to that previously unreleased material. Smile
I agree with droid really - though didn't a lot of it get re-released on that Acolyte EP thing.

No-U-turn "the later years" was extremely hit and miss.

I take it all the unreleased optical/Virus stuff is not included here - it being on a different label and all.
what years are the unreleased tracks from?
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
josh-hill Wrote:@ jonesy: is there a problem with Lo on vinyl then? (I play that a lot and never noticed a problem)

I've only found terrible rips so far.
Maybe i should buy it on vinyl? :) Rather i would buy it on CD or 320 k mp3.
Ornette Wrote:Edtrafienical would be a good place to start, both mixes of it.

yeah, i've noticed that too, 2 mixes of it...

there's the plate bailey has, then there's a version i've heard ed rush play...

i prefer the one ed rush plays personally, i recall it having a longer breakdown...

so bleek...

absolutely LOVE it!
click the logo below to download mixes,
listen to tracks, contact, and more...

[Image: camo_black02.gif]
Ornette Wrote:and that early mix of Ed Rush - Skylab that turned out did get released... if only on that Artcore Vol 3 album - i'd love to see that on a 12"

A lot of them unreleased tunes from that era seemed to have come about... eventually.... Fierce - Weapon is one I was desperate for years!

weapon did get released by trace on dsci4, but agreed on that version of skylab...just seems to roll on in a way that the headz version doesn't. that'd be tremendous to have.
SKRUB AUDIO UPDATED 5/2009 SMP 48-WHAT MUSIC?-Late Spring '09 Mix

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE New Hyper On Experience Material (?) firefinga 2 3,347 16th October 2020, 09:57
Last Post: firefinga
  RELEASE Hyper On Experience - Vinyl Reissues firefinga 4 3,636 18th July 2019, 06:08
Last Post: Muttley
  RELEASE Jungle + DnB Reissues + Formerly Unreleased KeeptheUgroundAlive 8 5,067 28th January 2019, 11:05
Last Post: KeeptheUgroundAlive
  Turn The Beat Around Statto 24 25,623 27th July 2016, 11:14
Last Post: firefinga
  Law - Repertoire Excursions Volume 8 (forthcoming material) Law 6 4,145 9th July 2015, 02:25
Last Post: MetaLX