Create an account

[-]
Tags
opinions new project subverts hop hip

Thread Contributor: subvertOpinions subverts - New Hip Hop project.......

this is a rough mix of a tune i wrote last night feat mr louie g Louieg

its really rough, the vox were just recorded in the studio room etc, just to get a feel...

would be good to have some feedback

Scopezombie

downloading now Xyxthumbs

wicked i just love louie g's voice, fook grand matey

Louieg

AYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the raps are very good Icon_eek , but i don't really like the rest, sorry Baffled

the piano chords in the chorus are alright, but the horn sounds like a car horn, i.e. the 2 last "blows", don't like the sound and the tones of it... also, the beats could be more funky, or if you wanna keep it headnoddin' rigid style, do something more with the bass

good production work on the vocals tho Cool

my 2c Smile

excellente!

Dance Dance Dance

karbonkid Wrote:the piano chords in the chorus are alright, but the horn sounds like a car horn, i.e. the 2 last "blows", don't like the sound and the tones of it... also, the beats could be more funky, or if you wanna keep it headnoddin' rigid style, do something more with the bass

good production work on the vocals tho

hmmmm... Baffled I like the horns and the subbass and thought the vocals were a bit quiet in the mix (against the piano anyway)

yeah subbass is nice, but if the beats are not further worked out i feel something more should be done with bass/kicks

karbonkid Wrote:yeah subbass is nice, but if the beats are not further worked out i feel something more should be done with bass/kicks

disagree Smile

Louie G's got the rhythm in his vocals — the beats need to be solid for that to work

1000s of hiphop albums show both rhythm in beats/bass as in rhymes :P

what i want to say is that i feel the beats are too "hooky" (if that's a word), something wrong with the flow...

not that any hiphop beat needs a "smooth" flow, not what i'm saying

still disagree Kisskiss

guys its only a nights work! Hahaha

fwiw

- i havent done anything properly to the beats yet, they pretty much just looped, to give louie something to do a rough take over

- i went with the flow of beats (pretty straight) that louie wanted to rhyme over

- theres another rapper gonna be doing a different verse, so the final thing will be longer

- the production on the vocals shoul;d not yet be complemented! they are recorded in the same room as the monitors were playing the track, and i spent 5 minustes putting a couple of rough fx on them. finished thing will have proper vocals Smile

thanks guys Wave

scope Wrote:fwiw

- i havent done anything properly to the beats yet, they pretty much just looped, to give louie something to do a rough take over

- i went with the flow of beats (pretty straight) that louie wanted to rhyme over

- theres another rapper gonna be doing a different verse, so the final thing will be longer

- the production on the vocals shoul;d not yet be complemented! they are recorded in the same room as the monitors were playing the track, and i spent 5 minustes putting a couple of rough fx on them. finished thing will have proper vocals Smile

thanks guys Wave

well then, good job!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

that louie g is a serious talent!!! Icon_eek

Xyxthumbs

sounds promising! Xyxthumbs go for it!
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?

It could be a bit dirtier, and the vocals a bit more up front in the soundscape.

i'm not massively into hip hop but this sounded cool ..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Opinions on swoopo? 'entertainment shopping' Ben Kei 7 533 5th February 2009, 01:34
Last Post: davetrax
  Recommend me cutting houses... / opinions on DMM? Law 28 1,763 9th October 2008, 17:05
Last Post: davetrax
  opinions on Bad Co? truth agent 47 2,580 24th August 2008, 13:16
Last Post: rjv
  Attn Czech Subverts and Subverts who have been in Prague haxhi 16 1,738 17th January 2008, 16:07
Last Post: Law
  Radiohead In Rainbows - opinions? Breaker 20 1,200 18th November 2007, 15:00
Last Post: JayDoubleU

Forum software by © MyBB Theme © iAndrew 2016